April Calendar Creation Contest Winners! *updated* posts #4-8, runner ups, etc.

Options

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Congragulations To the winners. Enjoy that cool mount.
    I have to agree with Yanjing the Hand drawn ones are OBVIOUSLY favored but it doesnt matter.
    In the End PWI makes the descisions on who wins and we cant do anything about it.
    That was my last time entering too.
    I will just continue Using my abilities to people who want sigs

PS first Winner was good ^^
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfalicious - Sanctuary
    Wolfalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Congrats to the winner's!, that being said i Honestly agree with many
    here, Why are all the winner's hand drawn?, it seem's to be a trend here.

Now, im not saying these winner's did not
    work hard or spend hour's like most of us did on our calendar's, it just does'nt
    seem fair that every single winner is hand drawn, you would think if there are
    many judge's the taste of ppl would be different, but some how all like
    anime/hand drawn style?.

What about the ppl who spent hours on photo shop and the GIMP program
    that the GM's linked for ppl w/o photo shop?, u know the ppl who took REAL
    in game screen shot's and made calendar's w/real images of PWI, honestly
    if u were to flip threw a calendar with those winner's as all the months, u
    would think this game was an anime tv series.

As other's have stated this will be last entry in the calendar contest, since
    i dont draw anime/cartoon style i'll never win. b:bye
  • Mystress - Dreamweaver
    Mystress - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

work hard or spend hour's like most of us did on our calendar's, it just does'nt
    anime/hand drawn style?.

I have to agree with you on that one...to think we even stood a chance against hand drawn stuff I sure as hell aint entering again spent too many hours on my entries but ug who gives a damn right its not hand drawn lol I only use PSPX to do anything I work on.....either way congrats to the "winners" and the future reserveds....as far as Im concerned everyone done a damn good job on their work and all should be winners
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Destelle - Heavens Tear
    Destelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was so amazed by the entries, it must have been extremely tough for the judges to decide on only five. I really like Semyezza's and Yanjing's style, they look so professional! And AliceAelin's is beautiful~ I don't know why but just the colors alone make me feel so relaxed and cheerful! hehe^^ Though... I think Soho's was my favorite from the beginning, I love the whole idea and especially the bm's dance pose. XD

I hope others will appreciate my entry as well. I had a lot of fun especially amusing my friends as they were watching me draw. b:chuckle

Congratulations to the winners and runner ups, and great job everyone~
  • Maldreen - Sanctuary
    Maldreen - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thx a lot i win this month *i love the Horse*

And good job the other winners. Your Pictures are great.

@Aelicia; Your work are amazing. Looks cool =)

To the other. Last month i don't won the Contest, and i have hand-drawn.
    This month was unluck, but next month will you win! I know it!
    You all are great Artist, and really mostly for win is luck to find the right mood of the jury.

Good luck!
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think next time should be two categories. It will be fairly and more profesional like real art contest. What do you think?
    I agree with Maldreen. Please guys dont give up! I feel guilty :( You all are the winners.

ps. Thanks for nice words. I'm glad you like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

anime/hand drawn style?.

i'm sorry but i have to disagree.b:angry not all the pics were hand draw and i love the pic that Soho from Lost City did and i think you can clearly see is not just hand draw is a hole louds of worke there, i am a little sad tho cuz my ( hand draw) disigns did not will but <-- get over it birdy and try again next month.

gratz again <-- ermm wants next month prise to be a mount as well b:cute maibeee an unrelesed flying mount???
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Omg wow, I didn't expect to win after seeing all the great entries that were posted. My hopes faded a little seeing all the hand drawn entries and then there was mine, the only photoshop winner for this month. I'm very proud of my entry.

Thank you to everyone and thank you to the judges!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Purrrsuasion - Sanctuary
    Purrrsuasion - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Still say Yanjing's was the best

I CANT BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T WIN!!!! That was the most unique and creative

piece I seen. I am a little disappointed b:sad

I thought I had a chance also, seen nothing else like mine in the entries that

were posted. It seems the judges ONLY like the cartoony ones.

Here's a suggestion.....Maybe instead of just having 5 winners per contest,

have 5 winners of different categorizes, then maybe the other types of art

will have a chance.

But congratz to the winners, Maldreen, yours is really cute :) by the way

seen you on DA b:victory

SORRY YANJINGS!! If I was a judge I would've voted for you great work!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, now that the contest is over, I don't feel so awkward showing my one and only entry, lol.

The girl was originally hand-drawn and then scanned on my computer. The rest of it (including the girl's colours) were made digitally with GIMP.

My Entry

Edit: If you want to download it for whatever reason, you can find it on my Deviant Art account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelicia - Sanctuary
    Aelicia - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thx a lot i win this month *i love the Horse*

And good job the other winners. Your Pictures are great.

@Aelicia; Your work are amazing. Looks cool =)

To the other. Last month i don't won the Contest, and i have hand-drawn.
    This month was unluck, but next month will you win! I know it!
    You all are great Artist, and really mostly for win is luck to find the right mood of the jury.

Good luck!

@ Maldreen -> Ahah thank you very much for the comment^^ Your work is my favorite in the winners. So many hours of work on it, I'm sure. Nice cell-shading/carton style by the way, very detailled and worked...clean.. sharp^^ (probaly the thing who make me prefer yours XD )
    nini09 wrote: »
    imo, yours is better than some of the winners, these judges have some odd artistic tastes b:surrender

@ nini09 -> I'll just return back even better :P Thank you for appreciathing my work =)

But well, every winners have submited something good =) Nice job!
  • Maldreen - Sanctuary
    Maldreen - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But congratz to the winners, Maldreen, yours is really cute :) by the way

seen you on DA b:victory
    Thank you b:cute

@ Maldreen -> Ahah thank you very much for the comment^^ Your work is my favorite in the winners. So many hours of work on it, I'm sure. Nice cell-shading/carton style by the way, very detailled and worked...clean.. sharp^^ (probaly the thing who make me prefer yours XD )

Thanks a lot. Yeah, so many hours to days i sit on it ^^ Feedback from my sister, thats not correct, ok cancel it draw new single elements. few ^.^
    But it have finished it and it was the best price that you all like it =)
  • Aratheya - Sanctuary
    Aratheya - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The winners are really amazing.... Congrats to u 5^^

But I got a question...

What about people who are not this talented in drawing? I really love the winning calenders but I wonder if the users who cannot draw this awsome have a chance against these artists >.<
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

But I got a question...

What about people who are not this talented in drawing? I really love the winning calenders but I wonder if the users who cannot draw this awsome have a chance against these artists >.<

All it takes is a lot of work. While they make it look oh-so-easy, that is only because they've been doing it for oh-so-long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Congrats to all the winners and runner-ups!
    All it takes is a lot of work. While they make it look oh-so-easy, that is only because they've been doing it for oh-so-long.

Either you are hinting at them being professional infographists, or that they worked harder then the rest of us. Either way, the message we are getting is: "why would stupid amateurs like us bother to participate in the first place".

I've seen quite a few entries who were highly artistically creative and they didn't even get a mention. So maybe we should be told the real criteria our judges use to give their awards.

Or maybe there should be different categories such as:

1. the funniest picture
    2. the most representative of PWI
    3. the most representative of month's theme

... and so on. It would make it easier for us to deliver.

Here were my entries, for which I put in quite some time and efforts: feel free to use them as desktop wallpaper if you wish.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/april01.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/april02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/avril03.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/april04.jpg

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

But I got a question...

No. if you cant draw then you dont win xD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed that I didn't win, but hey, it's ok! I try harder next month!

Anyway, they said it before in another thread that the entries are judged by the quality. There were a lot of great entries and I think majority of them happened to be hand/digitally drawn so it can't be helped. They could only choose five and those five winners for this month happened to be it (congrats to all of you btw).

Now everyone stop complaining and just try again for May. Who cares if the judges just happen to have a soft spot for drawings over non-drawings? -- I'm sure many contests are to come and everyone has a second/third/whatever chance.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • WinterSprite - Sanctuary
    WinterSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Congrats to all this months winners, great job!

If curious: b:shy
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/Princess_Winter/PWI/PWI_April_Calendar_WzR.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/Princess_Winter/PWI/PWI_EasterBasket_WzR.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/Princess_Winter/PWI/PWI_Collage_WzR.jpg

First ... and probably last for reasons already mentioned here.

I wish the best of luck to future contestants. b:byeb:heart
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Congrats to all this months winners, great job!

Wow! I love your last one that must have taken ages!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver
    _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    First congratulations to the winners they deserve it . But why all the calendars are drawning and such professional or aLMOST professional what about those ppl who dont even have the idea to work with a digital art software :S besides all the calendars are almost the same but different colours or scene :S what about art diversity o_O anyways i`m not saying this cause i think i should won the constest cause my work was a piece of S**T but i think others should won maybe someone need to realize that theres player from 10 years old till 40+ years old so some of them dont have idea about how to do this but they sweat a lot to try to make the judges at least happy :S anyways enough of this cause this will be the same on may xD so heres my piece of SH*T http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=easterapril.jpg i would called it minimalist but is trash :D
  • Xane - Dreamweaver
    Xane - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hey, common guys, Its a contest for people to have a go at creating some artwork and fan art to show off to the pwi community. It doesn't matter if you win or not! Its just some fun :)

Also just because most of the winners were hand drawn this month does not mean the judges favor any kind of art in particular, it just means that these were the pieces they liked the most. No need to assume they were choosing hand drawn pictures on purpose, and not computer made ones. Everyone has to agree that each and every winner did a superb job in their respective drawings, and congratulations to each of the winners for showng us some of your beautiful artwork :)

Maldreen - excellent work, love the panda! So cute :D

Soho - Very creative with the ipods, love it xD
    "An apple isn't going to kill you." "An apple almost killed sleeping beauty! Read your history books!"
  • Aratheya - Sanctuary
    Aratheya - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so heres my piece of SH*T [...] i would called it minimalist but is trash :D

I love the bunnies b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lmfao. See, judges? Your members are never satisfied. =D If it's not about someone winning in rows and favouritism, it's about it being all hand-drawn and that you have to be a professional.

It's like Idols: Everyone believes they can sing, even when they really can't. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm real good at doing digital manipulations. Sadly for me though, I only do real good when I am in the mood to do them, which isn't often. I had started an April calendar but then lost the urge to work on it. I have to say those who won, and those who posted their entries for others to see (even the bunny getting shot) were fairly decent works.

Maybe next month i'll drag my muse kicking and screaming by her hair and make her work for me. Or not.

An aside...

We all think our submissions should be picked as best, if we didn't, we would not have sent them in. Judging is a subjective effort and a lot of choice goes by personal tastes of the judges. What we like, they may not, and vice versa.

Getting upset about not wining is like getting upset because your cat meowed.

~S
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options

Soho - Very creative with the ipods, love it xD

Thanks b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mistigrikitty
    mistigrikitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    1st Grats to all...

Me also is not good at all with drawing and don't have the software for it..

But I had fun doing mine.. and I think it's cute :)

Here's the link:

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/65405/april_2009_16731Pop.jpg
  • XueShiao - Heavens Tear
    XueShiao - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well I had fun drawing out my image, too bad i didnt palce but oh well ^^. Congrats to the winners, and heres my lazy piece of crud. College really drains creativity XD. first time i entered, cant wait to try out some more
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/Misia-lin/PWI/calendar/AprilEntrycopy-1.jpg
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I had a good/cute idea for a entry but sadly I can't draw or use photoshop or adobe qq. Anyway, congrats to the winners and yay for a Lost City winner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    funny-pictures-your-cat-is-almost-l.jpg
  • Badger - Dreamweaver
    Badger - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I love the panda!! b:pleased Panda rock!!b:victory