Calendar Creation Contest Winners - March! (see post #74 for Runner Ups!)

Options

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Talent not luck.

So we can assume the best hand-drawn designers and the best photoshoppers will win every month and those who are still learning and trying will never win?

Hands up who's not entering April? b:victory

Not entirely true.

A better imaginative design with lacking in the graphic area might be better than some uber clear simplistic design.

I for example have a great imagination and vision when it comes to designing in my own head. My problem is my drawing abitlity is on the opposite side of the spectrum. If only I could find a way to transfer my thoughts to paper than I could win a prize. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not entirely true.

A better imaginative design with lacking in the graphic area might be better than some uber clear simplistic design.

I for example have a great imagination and vision when it comes to designing in my own head. My problem is my drawing abitlity is on the opposite side of the spectrum. If only I could find a way to transfer my thoughts to paper than I could win a prize. b:chuckle

Boo for fracturing knuckles or I'd still be able to draw pretty good. b:sad

I have a cool, imaginative idea for April but I'm not sure it's quite upto the standards the judges obviously seek.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Bananacream - Dreamweaver
    Bananacream - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Talent not luck.

So we can assume the best hand-drawn designers and the best photoshoppers will win every month and those who are still learning and trying will never win?

Or should I rephrase that:
    Can you please make sure it is clear that only enter if you are extremely talented at photoshop or drawing?

Hands up who's not entering April? b:victory

lemme guess you momma drives around with a bumper sticker that says - "my kid is a grade A student."

LOL at the culture that makes everyone think they're entitled to a gold star.

btw have you looked at all the winners. there was quite a good vareity of stuff imo and not everything looked all polish and spiffy u know?
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think it's perfectly fine that Semyezza won again. She has great ideas for calendars and they are quite wonderful every time. People just need to step up their game a bit. ^.^ Anyways congrats to all the winners. For everyone else good luck next time. (Maybe we can get a good prize next month?)

Oh and I'd like to see some entries that didn't make it so post some of your calendar productions. This is mine. . . http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/minavenuslove/Marchcopy.jpg?t=1236799208
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lemme guess you momma drives around with a bumper sticker that says - "my kid is a grade A student."

LOL at the culture that makes everyone think they're entitled to a gold star.

btw have you looked at all the winners. there was quite a good vareity of stuff imo and not everything looked all polish and spiffy u know?

No, I'm English, our bumper stickers tend to read "Baby On Board." Or the football team you support.

And as I've mentioned, I wasn't ever going to win as I didn't put much effort into my March calendar, so your point is rather invalid, come back when you have thought of something else to try and offend me with.

And if anyone thinks I'm hating on Semyezza, I'm not, I just think the judges should revise the rules or make it very clear that they are looking for professional designs and only to enter if you are *really* good at photoshop or drawing.

Will be nice to see the runners up though? And any rought time frame as to when the details for April will be released? I want to see the prize.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bananacream - Dreamweaver
    Bananacream - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And if anyone thinks I'm hating on Semyezza, I'm not, I just think the judges should revise the rules or make it very clear that they are looking for professional designs and only to enter if you are good at photoshop or drawing.

fair enough, luv. but not everything looked 'pro' imo. the dogs playing poker was def rough around the edges but the design and concept is really excellent so i can see why it is winner.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

And if anyone thinks I'm hating on Semyezza, I'm not, I just think the judges should revise the rules or make it very clear that they are looking for professional designs and only to enter if you are good at photoshop or drawing.

b:victory

I don't think you are hating on Semyezza. I think you are hating on the judges and how you perceive their choices of what makes a poster better.

Everyone has their opinion and I will not try to attack you for it.

Even seeing some others photos who did not win I have to agree that the winners would have gotten my vote as well.

I think it's perfectly fine that Semyezza won again. She has great ideas for calendars and they are quite wonderful every time. People just need to step up their game a bit. ^.^ Anyways congrats to all the winners. For everyone else good luck next time. (Maybe we can get a good prize next month?)

Salvia's QUOTE
    Oh and I'd like to see some entries that didn't make it so post some of your calendar productions. This is mine. . . http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...g?t=1236799208

As to your photo I would have removed the lady to the left and shrunken the rainbow and lady by the pot just a bit. That would have been a great photo like that. In my honest opinion. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fair enough, luv. but not everything looked 'pro' imo. the dogs playing poker was def rough around the edges but the design and concept is really excellent so i can see why it is winner.

Yeah, well, I have an awesome and very creative idea for April, so we'll see if this is what that competition is all about.

b:victoryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Any chance we'll see contests for other creative ventures? I would love a writing contest like you wouldn't believe. Art isn't everyone's forte, and I think there should be other options for people who aren't artists, but have other talents.
    yay
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Any chance we'll see contests for other creative ventures? I would love a writing contest like you wouldn't believe.

T-T Omg.. I'd LOVE a writing contest.. That'd be awesome. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    T-T Omg.. I'd LOVE a writing contest.. That'd be awesome. o_o

GMs PLZ. :( Make a girl happy. My birthday is coming up.
    yay
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    a writing contest would be interesting...i support that~
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Talent not luck.

That is entirely up to the judges. If those designs are better than yours, they will win. You would cry about losing a competition in which the person who won has a better design that you? Guess what? People didn't learn those skills overnight, they WORKED on their skills. Now, its paying off for them, but obviously not in the way they intended.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So what if someone wins twice in a row? Sure, it sucks, but wishful thinking doesn't change the fact that she's just a good graphic artist.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nini09 wrote: »

Hell no, I hate writing ><. But it would be kool to see and read other people's pieces and perspectives about perfect world, if that would be the subject.
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    Skylark - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You have great potential for your calendar photos. You have one weakness in all your photos and that there is just to much going on in them. For a simple example your February Cupid photo. If you were to remove the red hearts above the horseman and the girl it would be a little less cluttered.

I do like all your ideas though. Just spread so many great ideas out into more photos.

This is a cool contest to see so many peoples talents and visions.

Thank you, Tatuaje. I appreciate you taking the time to look. It's nice to see a positive response rise out of the murk of all this squabbling about nothing. As with most artistic endeavors, there is no right and no wrong, only shades of personal opinions, popular fashion, and stylistic trends once you throw all the theory out the window...

Quite honestly, I was not planning to submit for April (lately, it seems as if I have been running out of time and ideas…), but your simple comments have given me a spark of inspiration for at least one entry next month.

I may be wrong, but somehow I always thought the spirit of these monthly contests was to celebrate Perfect World and share our creative side…(not to mention, it’s a brilliant for way PWE to generate some advertising materials at no cost to them that will inevitably float around the internet …)b:laugh

It's nice to have a contest that not only relies on how many hours you can spend playing the game, as a lot of us don't have that luxury. (Something different for everyone I suppose.)

Life is too short not to enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teach me half the gladness that thy brain must know;
    Such harmonious madness from my lips would flow,
    The world should listen then...as I am listening now.
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nini09 wrote: »

I'm against that idea.

It would rules out many of those who's english is not the main language.

While making a calendar picture don't requires much knowledge in any given language, and is thus much more fai fro everyone.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    @Skylark

Seriously, nice job on the calendars. I like to see people that will not quit just because some "pro" designers are among us. It's also good that you are doing this because you like to, rather than the prizes that are being offered. Keep up to good work on the calendars, I would like to see more of your stuff.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow, I hope you complainers don't discourage her from entering again next month. I know she posted that she will still enter but all this hostility is unfair. Personally I like her designs and hope she will submit more in the future without having to worry about people complaining. It's fair that she won twice because she deserved it. The fact that she's good at it just encourages the other entrants to improve and raise their bar. If you bar people from winning multiple times, that's basically saying "Oh, we know she's good so let's ban her from winning because no one will ever beat her." That's not the point of the contest. It's insulting to Semy, to the entrants who didnt', AND to the judges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear
    Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh I am soooooooooooo in this, when and where do I find the next competion and is their other art contests?

Congrats winners
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sentha - Heavens Tear
    Sentha - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First of all:

Congrats to all winners! You all did a great job!

And now for the whinners and all the hate and obvious jealousy spreading around here:

Did I take part in both contests yet?
    - Yes.

Did I make it to win?
    - No.

Did I put time and afford in my designs like everyone else?
    - Yes, several days and it was fun.

Was I frustrated when I didn't find one of my designs among the winners?
    - Honestly yes, like everyone else would be in the first moment as well.

Did I flame around or something?
    - No. All winners deserved the price and I'm sure there was more than one design whiche was quite close to win as well. Besides that, such a behavious only makes one look rather jealous and childish, don't you think?

Hell, it's a contest! We can't win all. But there's a chance to win for everyone. It won't stop me from entering the next contests. I even will try harder. Maybe I fully self-create the scene on 3D next time instead of only create objects and use the rendered pics on photoshop or try something else.

Sure, I would have been happy to find my design among the winners. Who would be not? That's what contests are made for. So I look for the next round.
    There's only one thing I'm still waiting for on this round:
    You promissed us to show us some of the "really close ones". I'm curious. b:cute

For whoever might want to see it, this where my entries:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/Elviane/Sonstiges/Sentha_HeavensTear-calendar_march_2.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/Elviane/Sonstiges/Sentha_HeavensTear-calendar_march_3.jpg
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    April details pleaseee. b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Allihanna - Heavens Tear
    Allihanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    omg i've posted the comment just about a IDEA for the event, i didnt knew it would cause all this flame, my apologise to semyezza if someone said something rude after my first post, for sure semy has great skills for doing that 2 calendars and deserve to win, i just thought that idea could be good for a better competition

btw ive send some calendars for feb and march, but i really dont care for the prizes, since i don't play the game anymore =D

i know nothing on photoshop so i try to make mines on fireworks, this one i've used for march:

calendarmarch02byalliha.th.jpg

maybe next time /o/
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The GMs have quite clearly stated in the previous thread that winners can win again, and we're not happy about it.

But some of us are happy about winners being able to win again!

If they only allowed one person to win, I could totally see your objection. However, they had five people win!

(Of course, I *am* envious! I so very wish I had her dedication and talent. But if I let my wishes make me unhappy I could never ever be happy about anything.)
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:surrender

I just looked at my March entry and all along the calendar has been wrong.

b:laugh

Silly me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flauros - Lost City
    Flauros - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi.. I think server maintenance is done, I just downloaded the big patch. But I haven't received the prize yet? Not complaining, but I just don't want to be missed :) thanks.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    omg i've posted the comment just about a IDEA for the event, i didnt knew it would cause all this flame, my apologise to semyezza if someone said something rude after my first post, for sure semy has great skills for doing that 2 calendars and deserve to win, i just thought that idea could be good for a better competition

btw ive send some calendars for feb and march, but i really dont care for the prizes, since i don't play the game anymore =D

i know nothing on photoshop so i try to make mines on fireworks, this one i've used for march:

calendarmarch02byalliha.th.jpg

maybe next time /o/

Well see the point is having "better competition" means allowing all willing entrants to participate, regardless of how many times they won and GASP HOW GOOD THEY ARE AT DESIGNING cuz GASP that's the point b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First off, a middle finger to those who think I was hating on Semy, read my post again! I'm hating on the judges!
    I'd like to see different competitions too, as I much prefer writing and am SO much better at it than drawing/photoshopping so at least I'd stand a chance there. Hey look at the amount of emos on PWI, we'd surely get a good entry to a poetry competition. Or a short story about a character, event or quest. There's loads we could do.
    But, it'll NEVER happen, 'cos face it, it's taken THIS long for them to make any sort of competition that can be ongoing.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for closing my topic Mr Dvorak, with lies for reasons. Dude, READ THE POSTS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that this month's wallpapers are featured and available for download on this site's official Wallpapers Download page:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download/wallpaper

There, you can also view and download the winning designs from February. We've also made 2 sizing options available for each image - 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024.

Also, stay tuned as later today (friday) we will announce details for the next round of the Calendar Creation contest for the month of April!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Sentha - Heavens Tear
    Sentha - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What about showing some semi-finalists?
    It was nice to see some of those on the february contest and I'm still curious.b:cute