Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Top right, under the Zen offer ad (or whatever the current ad is), is a line beginning Private Messages. Click on that link, then fill in the name of the person you're PMing.
    I have about 500k on a char in heavens tear, and I made a new one on the euro server.
    Is there a way to transfer the money between one and the other?

*I tried the account stash at the banker but I think it only workes with same server..

No. However, if you're lucky enough to find a trustworthy person who wants to swap funds the other way, something could be worked out. Actually finding said trustworthy person and not a scammer is left as an exercise for the student.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Tush - Dreamweaver
    Tush - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks~
    Guess I'll leave it in the bank for now xd
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You actually can transfer wealth indirectly:

1) Convert all your coins into DQ points by buying DQ items from other players and selling them to NPCs until you are out of funds
    2) Use the DQ rewards page to send Do-all cards to your character on another server
    3) Sell the Do-all cards to another player / catshop for coins.

For some reason do-alls from the DQ page are tradeable.

This probably isn't worth it for just 500k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tush - Dreamweaver
    Tush - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you :D

*Put some items on auction as well.. It seems it will take 24-48 hours for the points to reach account..
  • nyear
    nyear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nice Topic
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Pretty good guide for a beginner :D Thanks
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazero19
    blazero19 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hello all. I am a new player in PWI and on my first day I got my first problem. I started an assassin and I am lvl 25. I decided to go and finish the "fb19" (notice that it is quoted because I read that it isn't a real fb but just a room with a boss) and when I got to the man that should let me in he said I need a squad. Okay, then I attempted to write on World chat but it said that I need a Teleacoustic. So I read what it is and noticed that it is only available at the Boutique (a.k.a. the Cash Shop) and I've never paid for a game before (and I never will). So I asked one of the chars that were writing on the World chat is there a simple way to gather a Squad and do the instance and he said that probably the only way is to write on World with Teleacoustic and I quote him "You gotta pay cash to be competitive in this game." (in other words "pay-to-win"). So I am asking you is this true? Because I really like this game and seems like a lot of fun but if it's like that I'll be forced to quit it immediately. Thanks in advance :)
  • emvts1983
    emvts1983 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oooh, it's very interesting, thank you so much!!!! b:victory

get a personal trainer online!!!
  • ShadowStryyk - Harshlands
    ShadowStryyk - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Could someone give me a full explaination to cultivation so I can get better skills...
  • zafaniv
    zafaniv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I have been getting TONS of these fruits that literally have been leveling me SUPER quick. (A fruit that gives you massive spirit and emp) I got about 15 fruits from the NPC in town (I'm a seeker) and I actually stopped taking them because I wasn't sure if something was bugged, PLUS i'm kinda old school where I like leveling my character normal that way I can not only learn my class, but experience the entire gaming experience. (A big reason why I don't play WoW anymore is the constant perks to make the game too easy)

Are these normal? Is this the way to get beginners into endgame quicker? I've only played for a week and i'm digging the game. (I also play Rift and PWI is a great alternative on my downtime on Rift)

Anyways, thanks in advance!
  • saul000
    saul000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi, I have read through the FAQ but could not find an answer to my question.
    I was just wanting to know how can I create weapons without having the material?
    Is there another way?

Thanks in advance
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    For weapons that need to be crafted, the only way to make them is via having the materials they require.

However, there are many weapons that can be acquired from mobs dropping them, so that can be an alternative, albeit a somewhat difficult to obtain one.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • xxyayoixx
    xxyayoixx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    newbie question: is it possible to see list of Female looking monsters like undine?? cause i want to catch some as my pet.
  • saul000
    saul000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    opkossy wrote: »
    for Weapons That Need To Be Crafted, The Only Way To Make Them Is Via Having The Materials They Require.

However, There Are Many Weapons That Can Be Acquired From Mobs Dropping Them, So That Can Be An Alternative, Albeit A Somewhat Difficult To Obtain One.

Thanks For The Quick Reply. I Logged Out After Posting The Question And Haven't Been Back Until Today. A Bit Late To Say But Thank You For Informing Me.
  • bcz836
    bcz836 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Um, I dunno if this is usual....but I just started playing this game today......played for like 4 hours straight, and when I try to log back in......my character no longer exists....

I hope this is not the usual thing.....but, uh.......DAFUQ JUST HAPPENEND?
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    xxyayoixx wrote: »
    newbie question: is it possible to see list of Female looking monsters like undine?? cause i want to catch some as my pet.

A link to all tameable pets, do with it what you will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    bcz836 wrote: »
    Um, I dunno if this is usual....but I just started playing this game today......played for like 4 hours straight, and when I try to log back in......my character no longer exists....

I hope this is not the usual thing.....but, uh.......DAFUQ JUST HAPPENEND?

Did you select the same server when you logged back in?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • asdsuper
    asdsuper Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm very very newbie here...

my important question :

Can you give me link that have all of rules to play in this game?

so,, i can avoid the ban hammer b:pleased

i search and search but i only get "multi clienting" and "max account" rule b:sad
  • minicinibuns
    minicinibuns Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It says I can trade these tickets with assistant (something) but when I go to that npc I don't see where I can hand in the ticket and get the armor/weapons?
  • aqorn
    aqorn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Here are the codes that you can redeem

Neverwinter
    Redeem Code: PD9CcZ0Z
    "Thayan Revolutionary" title

PWI
    Redeem Code: McytfINY
    VIP Platinum Crown

Forsaken World
    Redeem Code: O0bwqU2l
    World Flute x50

Blacklight: Retribution
    Redeem Code: xARye7pn
    One random Hardsuit Camo

Jade Dynasty
    Redeem Code: P9IICL9Y
    10x Jar of Taichi Pills

Champions Online
    Redeem Code: uwAzrxZy
    Two hideouts

War of the Immortals
    Redeem Code: 7S10tSRR
    Pet EXP Card Lv3 x30

Battle of the Immortals
    Redeem Code: Gg0v9NB7
    Random Gem Coin
  • bigjames172000
    bigjames172000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Im new hello everyone
  • nikksgaming
    nikksgaming Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Question in the title.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Question in the title.

105/105/105

105 is the highest level, and with rebirth you can reach it 3 times.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • nevitys
    nevitys Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks, i started playing Perfect World few days ago as Seeker :) This guide helped me alot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary
    Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    been a while since i played this game and a fair amount has changed, am slowly getting back into the swing of things. I created a Tideborn/Assasin (lvl 26) before all the changes took place and decided i'd go work on him seeing as he has been given this freebie lvl 95 gift (lol wish i'd known about it before i logged in with this char), I have taken him all through the new starting area (Celestial Vale) and have started on a few quests in CoRT, but I cant seem to get the quest to get my manufacturing skills, so can someone plz tell me how i go about it. I've been to the Elder as that was what you did back in the day, but the Elder in CoRT does not give the quest nor can i learn the skills via his "learn crafting skill" link, so yeah am little lost...
    b:cry
    b:thanks
    Time is meaningless if not spent wisely.
    Life is short, so do as much as you can now before you run out of time but dont forget those you care about whilst your running around. If you treat life with respect, tehn life will provide you with all you need. If you disrespect life, then life will leave you behind.
    Just because you like to say it does not mean you have to type it.
    For some its so much easier to criticize others whilst hiding behind their own flaws. When all else fails, use a Hammer!!
  • Khaime - Dreamweaver
    Khaime - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    been a while since i played this game and a fair amount has changed, am slowly getting back into the swing of things. I created a Tideborn/Assasin (lvl 26) before all the changes took place and decided i'd go work on him seeing as he has been given this freebie lvl 95 gift (lol wish i'd known about it before i logged in with this char), I have taken him all through the new starting area (Celestial Vale) and have started on a few quests in CoRT, but I cant seem to get the quest to get my manufacturing skills, so can someone plz tell me how i go about it. I've been to the Elder as that was what you did back in the day, but the Elder in CoRT does not give the quest nor can i learn the skills via his "learn crafting skill" link, so yeah am little lost...
    b:cry
    b:thanks

They changed the minimum level to 28 for the crafting quests. So if u didnt use the lv 95 pill yet and r below that level u cant get it yet. At level 28 u will get a pop-up window giving u instructions about it.
  • Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary
    Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    They changed the minimum level to 28 for the crafting quests. So if u didnt use the lv 95 pill yet and r below that level u cant get it yet. At level 28 u will get a pop-up window giving u instructions about it.

thnx for answering, I did manage to find out eventually after some lengthy trolling through the forums....
    Time is meaningless if not spent wisely.
    Life is short, so do as much as you can now before you run out of time but dont forget those you care about whilst your running around. If you treat life with respect, tehn life will provide you with all you need. If you disrespect life, then life will leave you behind.
    Just because you like to say it does not mean you have to type it.
    For some its so much easier to criticize others whilst hiding behind their own flaws. When all else fails, use a Hammer!!
  • feyderautha
    feyderautha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    where did they move the sage skills trainers ? i looked everywhere for them -.-
    102 R9 Sage Veno
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No more skill trainers (unless they give quests, like the ones in Lost.) All skill learning is done from the skill menu now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • bubblemanwood
    bubblemanwood Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am seeing a lot of people with avatars resembling different classes with level written in bottom right corner.
    Is it possible to get a one of these myself?