Calendar Creation Design Contest for Feb. *Winners announced, Tues evening, Feb. 3*

Comments

• Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm excited to see the results! I'm expecting some seriously nice graphic design work here. Don't disappoint me, guys. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I haven't seen any but I'm just taking a wild guess, there's usually some really talented photoshop/artists in a community as big as PW's!

i have to agree with u there........i beleive there is gonna be some competition..... mine isnt all that "good" but it still is good.. u never know whos better till u see ;]........ i just wanna see who wins now =o.....
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Took me one and a half day in total to finish my two.. Hope they're good enough. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    We could submit more than one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited February 2009
    Lol. Yep. At least, that's what I got from reading it through three times. I did one with the template, and one free style, with the PWI Logo, url and the calender grid, as Dvorak said those were the only things needed to be in the calender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    ohhhh, that is muchos interesting. WEll then, next time i will submit more than one. For some reason I thought we could only make one, so i had to scrap a few ideas. that sucks =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited February 2009
    Yea, I didn't make the free style until AFTER I made the one with the template. A world of differences between the two =P I'm not much into pink. ;D

The free style was cool, because I've been collecting photoshop materials and resources over the years that I use and reuse =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't use any of the resources I've downloaded, only the basics, since the rules said that we should only use PWE stuff. I hope that doesn't hurt my entry!

GMs, is this ok? Can we use things like textures and brushes that we downloaded from other sites?
    yay
    edited February 2009
    Well, downloaded textures and brushes etc are usually part of the Photoshop program.. I mean, I wouldn't be able to make half decent pictures with the standard Photoshop brushes and textures.

And if it's not okay to use, I guess I won't win anything. ;D

But I think they meant things like anime pictures that associates to something other than PWE. For the actual picturing, I used PW art and screenshots. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    My main issue was that most nice PS websites want credit when you use their brushes in a design, and there was no way to do that in this case without taking away from the picture. I liked how mine turned out even if it was basic, though. I guess we'll see what happens; this contest might be sketchy since we're still feeling it out and figuring out what we can and can't do. I didn't even know we didn't have to use the template, so I used it in both entries.
    yay
    edited February 2009
    =O I find random pictures of paper or polaroids and stuff and then dub them Photoshop material, lol. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There goes by confidence down the drain (after reading all the nervous responses from everybody else)
    ooh and here's one of my entries, would love some comments on it
    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x92/dhanu_kalaria/?action=view&current=Calendar02.jpg
    Might have been some rules that I ignored, but if I don't win, there is always March b:pleased
    btw first post ever on PWI forums b:chuckle
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't use any of the resources I've downloaded, only the basics, since the rules said that we should only use PWE stuff. I hope that doesn't hurt my entry!

GMs, is this ok? Can we use things like textures and brushes that we downloaded from other sites?

Perfectly acceptable
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I'm kind of losing my confidence. :( Oh well, next time perhaps.
    yay
    edited February 2009
    There goes by confidence down the drain (after reading all the nervous responses from everybody else)
    ooh and here's one of my entries, would love some comments on it
    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x92/dhanu_kalaria/?action=view&current=Calendar02.jpg
    Might have been some rules that I ignored, but if I don't win, there is always March b:pleased
    btw first post ever on PWI forums b:chuckle

That's a pretty sexy entry =O I like the gloominess in it. But yeah, I dun like happy-go-lucky. XD Nice job. I'm sure you have a good chance. n.n

I'll post my second one (dun expect too much x.x): http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/BBQLykWoa/1-4.jpg

-pokes the calender grid and url and stuffs- Iunno if I was allowed to make my own grid... But if not.. Still got my other one. O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Those are awesome, what're you guys talking about? XD I don't think you have anything to worry about. But I can definitely see individual flare coming out in your creations, which is a nice touch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited February 2009
    That's a pretty sexy entry =O I like the gloominess in it. But yeah, I dun like happy-go-lucky. XD Nice job. I'm sure you have a good chance. n.n

I'll post my second one (dun expect too much x.x): http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/BBQLykWoa/1-4.jpg

-pokes the calender grid and url and stuffs- Iunno if I was allowed to make my own grid... But if not.. Still got my other one. O.O

Lol, what u talking about, its all about happy go lucky these days
    AND Holy **** that is smecksy looking
    love the whole valentines day theme b:dirty
    awesomazing
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh darn, I didn't know we could make our own background, calendar grid and place the logo anywhere! I just used the template and worked from that.

My entry sucks compared to those I have seen! Darn!

b:cry

Oh well, always March! And April, And May...... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
    edited February 2009
    Oh darn, I didn't know we could make our own background, calendar grid and place the logo anywhere! I just used the template and worked from that.

My entry sucks compared to those I have seen! Darn!

b:cry

Oh well, always March! And April, And May...... b:laugh

Well, either we misunderstood or u did
    cuz i read other posts that said that we were suppose to stick with the template, but there was no mention of it in the events page
    same with the calendar portion and stuff
    so once the winners are chosen we'll see the true meaning of GM's words
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Load the background template into the image manipulation software of your choice (e.g. - Photoshop, MSPaint, etc.) and jazz up our background template in any manner you see fit.

The only thing we ask is that you do not obscure the actual calendar section (upper right corner) as well as the Perfect World logo (bottom right of image).

These things can easily be taken to mean, "use this template and this template only". I definitely thought that was the intention. It doesn't matter really, it is the first contest and there will be more to write clearer rules.
    yay
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    These things can easily be taken to mean, "use this template and this template only". I definitely thought that was the intention. It doesn't matter really, it is the first contest and there will be more to write clearer rules.

Post #6 of this thread 'sorta' clarifies the rule you mention above. There I stated:

"sure, using an alternate background is fine. all that we require is that your submissions have a calendar grid for the month of February along with the PWI logo and/or URL for the site."

For all intents and purposes the background template we provide is a basic starting point. If users wished to modify it we're perfectly fine with that. All that is required is that a Feb calendar grid along with our logo be placed somewhere on the design.

I do apologize for the confusion this caused. Like you mentioned, this is the first of (what we hope) turns out to be a LOOOOONG contest series. We'll be sure to flesh out and clarify the rules better when we announce the next calendar contest.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
    edited February 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Post #6 of this thread 'sorta' clarifies the rule you mention above. There I stated:

"sure, using an alternate background is fine. all that we require is that your submissions have a calendar grid for the month of February along with the PWI logo and/or URL for the site."

For all intents and purposes the background template we provide is a basic starting point. If users wished to modify it we're perfectly fine with that. All that is required is that a Feb calendar grid along with our logo be placed somewhere on the design.

I do apologize for the confusion this caused. Like you mentioned, this is the first of (what we hope) turns out to be a LOOOOONG contest series. We'll be sure to flesh out and clarify the rules better when we announce the next calendar contest.

Wooooow. LOL. I'm so glad I made TWO then... -pets Dvorak on the head- It's okay. You're a hard working PWE's Little Helper. ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    When are we gonna get the winners names?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Supposedly, yesterday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited February 2009
    they changed it to today since some judges to a sick day from work no big deal but this but for Christs sake its already 6pm pst that qualifies as evening to me so please hurry up with the winners names
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they changed it to today since some judges to a sick day from work no big deal but this but for Christs sake its already 6pm pst that qualifies as evening to me so please hurry up with the winners names

Just be patient.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
    edited February 2009
    i just want to see if i won or not lol although i seriously doubt i won i just want to see just in case i did
    edited February 2009
    I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!! EVERYONE, I WANT HUGS! Oh God, I'm so hyper. Please slap me with a fish! D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shythia - Sanctuary
    Shythia - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *slaps Semyezza with a fish* *oops that was a duck.. where is that darn fish* b:chuckle
  • PXRage - Heavens Tear
    PXRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    winner announced soon?
This discussion has been closed.