PVP and using potions?

wintara
wintara Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
I'm a BM and not quite to level 40 yet so haven't pvp'd a whole lot, mainly just get killed or run very fast when attacked b:laugh
Anyways I'm grinding a quest and a Barb stops in front of a creature I'm about to attack. I wait a sec to make sure I don't steal his kill and he just runs past me so I attack the creature. Once it's dead and my health is about 50%, the Barb comes back and starts attacking me. I notice he's not hurting me bad (meaning he must be close to my level) So I use a spark and hit my aura to heal and start wailing on him back.
What he didn't realize is before he attacked me I took a 20% mag regen potion so I can grind without having to rest constantly. With this I can spam my attacks and keep using aura to heal with barely using any mag.
My health is mainly going up while his keeps going down from his weak attacks, then he starts running and I let him go knowing I won't be able to kill him by time he gets to the city that was close. I'm feeling good that I actually wooped a barb, just to look down and see him whisper to me "Have to use potions to win you chicken"
WTF?
I can deal with getting pk'd, even 1 shot'd, but to try and gank me at low health then ***** about me using potions. That's gotta be the most **** thing I have ever heard.

I can understand not using potions in duels, but please someone tell me this guy is just a whiney moron and this is not some pvp etiquette?
Post edited by wintara on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yup what a whiner
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Doesn't matter if you spam potions, herbs, or charms. As long as your the one standing up at the end and hes running or lying down. Its a good.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wintara wrote: »
    "Have to use potions to win you chicken"

Says the guy who attacked you at 50% health b:victory
    I like pie
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have a feeling his IQ is in the single-digit range...

If you only have 50% hp, of course you're gonna have to use potions to win...that's not being a chicken...and your strategy was just a side benefit, not purposely taken just because of PvP.
  • wintara
    wintara Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the replies.
    I haven't pvp'd much in this game yet but have in others and one of the main strategies of being good at pvp is being more prepared then the other guy.
    I'm getting old and can't understand the gaming chat anymore so wanted to make sure basic pvp etiquette didn't change somehow.
    And why do they only have bears as smilies on here? I feel like a wussy using them :)
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wintara wrote: »
    And why do they only have bears as smilies on here? I feel like a wussy using them :)

b:cuteb:dirtyb:kissb:flower
    I like pie
  • mynameisjoe
    mynameisjoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Doesn't matter if you spam potions, herbs, or charms. As long as your the one standing up at the end and hes running or lying down. Its a good.

i couldnt agree more with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chinahman
    chinahman Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lets say i was white name and the other person was white. the dude starts to pk me and turns pink and i fight back and i turn pink too, i killed him would he drop items? he killed me when i fight back would i drop items? i beat him and now im pink and got pk by another player, would i drop item? items only drop if pink named? replies pls im still nub >.< ty
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I jump on people when their on low hp from mobs.

It doesn't really matter HOW you kill them,at the end of the day if your not the one dead and he is,it works.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I jump on people when their on low hp from mobs.

It doesn't really matter HOW you kill them,at the end of the day if your not the one dead and he is,it works.

However if you kill people in such a way you only prove that you are incredibly weak.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Pots are only discouraged in PvP duels..... in PK all is fair except for hacking.... he's the one that looked like an idiot for a botched PK attempt
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Duel is not pvp, only like try make "pvp", you dont learn any usefull from that (only skills or combos). Life and death, dont really matters "how", only in the end, you stand or down.
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    PKing doesn't have rules, I'll kill a guy while he's on a boss only to show him he shouldn't have gon into PK mode while killing a boss or knowing he'd be questing. Will I continue to kill him for my enjoyment? In all honesty ya I kill him a good 4 times till I get bored and find a new target. I've been called alot of things from PKing people, In all cases the person complaining is on the ground or in town. I love the HP Charm insult, That one makes me laugh everytime 'OMG U USE CHARMZ IN PK U WEAK I OWN LETS DUEL' then you duel and win 'OMG I COULDNT CLICK YOU' same excuses everytime. Some people Pk with stradegy others stupidity, I use a charm all the time because Im grinding or questing mostly so charms are helpful on long grinding or long mob quests. So seeing as Im not going to buy an Unbinding scroll/note or what ever, My charm will stay on when I PK. As for pots, If you got em use em lol. They didn't put them in this game strictly for PVE or the shop would say 'Sorry you are currently in PvP mode, come back later'. Keep potting,Keeping doing what ever you do aslong as you win.

b:pleased
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There are always people trying to PK you and whine if they fail. As i got 30, a lvl 34 BM attacked me. I was able to beat him down. After he lost he blamed me for using a charm, too. He tried to kill me again few minutes later and lost a second time. So he logged off and logged in again, but now with one of his other chars (5x cleric) and ganked me while whispering all the time that i'm a pvp noob, i would be on KoS for his guild now and so on.
    All I can say about it is that i was laughing all the time. He really made my day. b:laugh b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey they didn't add apoths, an herbs to make potions for just grinding, you'de be stupid if you died as a red name an had pots just sitting there becuase you dont wannt be a 'potion noob'! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx