The Ultimate New Players Guide to Crafting and Harvesting

Options

Comments

• Star_Raper - Dreamweaver
    Star_Raper - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thats a perfect guide but maleysia pw is really diffrent(cuz of names).And i have a perfect method with mats:Sell them :D
  • AliandraRose - Dreamweaver
    AliandraRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    answered my questions perfectly!b:laugh
  • CaptainEtin - Harshlands
    CaptainEtin - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank you! You make me smile both on the inside, and outside!

b:laugh
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe you could add at which (Character) level, each of the (Crafting) levels becomes available.

Awesome Job!

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Apothecary:

L1 -> You can harvest these as soon as you get a pickaxe and snatch them up. These herbs will also carry you through L2 Apoth.

L2 -> You will need to be L20 to harvest the new herbs for this level. You will need at least 100 of one type of L1 herb (i.e. 100 salvia root + ### crane herb = maxed out L2).

L3 -> L40 is required to harvest these herbs.

L4 -> I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure you can harvest these at L50 (if I'm wrong, then it's L60).

L5 -> Ha ha! You're SOL here! You need to be L89 with your Demon/Sage Culti done in order to get the herbs needed for this level of Apothecary as they can only be found in Heaven and Hell. =3 Or you could ask some of your friends very nicely to save a few for you.

L6 -> You'll need to own Territory or have another Crafting skill leveled up decently high to decomp item for chi stones to make the charms. Only L1-5 will make pots unless you own a territory that offers decent high leveled pots.
  • Naviboy - Lost City
    Naviboy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    holy **** that is such a good guide
  • Naviboy - Lost City
    Naviboy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hpw dp u guys use those signatures like those picts
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The other three crafting skills can max at L3 with 100% exp until L50. At L50 you will get a quest (or more if you've kept them all up) to get/make three 2* items to get L4. I am not sure if it's the same for L5 and L6 since I didn't get those levels myself. :s A friend got them on my main for me (then made my TT90 weapon under my main).

L1-2 BS/Craft/Tailor
    I suggest using the really nubby mats from before L20 (i.e. animal fur, cotton thread), that way you can save the L3 mats just for L3 and the quest to get L4.

L3
    Takes the mine mats in the Archy area (and wider, but being general atm) as well as these drop mats: purified oil, silk thread, rough fur, and concentrated glue. You will want to farm these, if you can, because these are very expensive to buy and you will need many, many, many of these mats for your L4 quest. (20+)

L4
    Drop mats: leather, compound oil, compound thread, and strong glue. Stock up on these if you can, especially leather and (oh dear) oil? I can't remember, but there's a quest that calls for 10 leather and I think 10 thread or oil, probably thread, so definitely stock on the thread too. Unfortunately, for mines, you will have to fight with the Sub Mat farmers for these. (40+ these mats start dropping even though you can't really use them until L50)

L5
    Drop mats: glaze, colored glue, azureworm silk, and reinforced leather. Most people have a hard time getting enough Glaze. (60+)

(I really don't want to keep listing mats, so I'll leave that to you all.)
  • WINGDEATH - Lost City
    WINGDEATH - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    pick axes cost 2000 coins not gold.

and i love this guide it hits all the main points.
    and it helped me at lvl 5
  • ThrilKill - Heavens Tear
    ThrilKill - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Note for Apoth Craft- you can get the first 2 levels of this pretty easily if you have ur lvl 2 blacksmith craft. Buy a bunch of weapons at the blacksmith and decompose them for the yiyuan stones. Take these to the Apoth dude and use them to make charms. I think you need about 125 stones to make 1 charm so may take a bit of coin to get as many as you need but if you got plenty to spend then it beats the hell out of going and getting all the mats needed. And some of the charms come in handy also. Admitidly some of the pots you can make with the herbs are better than charms but l like the easy way :) Also if you play well you can end up with heaps of disposable coin to purchase the swords with.
    Weapons decompose to more stones than armour btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DegniW - Dreamweaver
    DegniW - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks, rly helpful
  • Karasu_crow - Lost City
    Karasu_crow - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    actually am LV42 and i chose taloring as my main craft

i have already obtain LV3 WITH 30/30

AND ACCURDING TO YOUR GUIDE AM UNABLE TO ADVANCE UNTIL LV 50!!!!!!!!!!!b:shocked

no,mmm what can i do until that??

NOTE:am trying to increase my other crafting skills
  • ArchmageEra - Dreamweaver
    ArchmageEra - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Incredibly useful guide! Thank you!
  • Yaddith - Dreamweaver
    Yaddith - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/

that map got even the higher grade ingredients
  • madamimadam
    madamimadam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks for the guide b:thanks
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Apothecary:

L5 -> Ha ha! You're SOL here! You need to be L89 with your Demon/Sage Culti done in order to get the herbs needed for this level of Apothecary as they can only be found in Heaven and Hell. =3 Or you could ask some of your friends very nicely to save a few for you.

Does this mean I need to be lvl 89 to get my Level 5 or level 89 before I can harvest the mats myself? I see them for sale and need to know how to/where to get my Level 5. I know where the npc sells the books by Lake of Woe, I have 4 but he doesn't sel a level 5 book, just 4 and 6.

Help please and thank you!
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The guide should mention whether you can level with just making lvl 1 stuff, or whether you need to make things based on your crafting level. Still trying to figure that out without wasting a material (the monster drop materials take forever to get).

Unfonrtinately, the guide only tells the obvious stuff :-(

And yes, I have seen both types of crafting in other games --- making the cheapest stuff forever, and having to make increasingly expensive stuff. Since I don't see me being a shop all day long to get 0 gold by not being able to find people stupid enough to buy newbie crafts, I'm hoping for the cheap way, and I suspect I'll have go the expensive route :-(
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    kargor wrote: »
    The guide should mention whether you can level with just making lvl 1 stuff, or whether you need to make things based on your crafting level. Still trying to figure that out without wasting a material (the monster drop materials take forever to get).

Unfonrtinately, the guide only tells the obvious stuff :-(

And yes, I have seen both types of crafting in other games --- making the cheapest stuff forever, and having to make increasingly expensive stuff. Since I don't see me being a shop all day long to get 0 gold by not being able to find people stupid enough to buy newbie crafts, I'm hoping for the cheap way, and I suspect I'll have go the expensive route :-(

Level 1, you get experience by making Level 1 stuff. At level 2 you can make level 1 and 2 stuff, but only the level 2 stuff gives you experience.

You can only get experience by making stuff that is AT your level. And I buy newbie crafts, lol, because 3000 coins to clean a shop out is nothing to me, but it helps the newbs. b:victory

I went the expensive route because I'm lazy. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/

that map got even the higher grade ingredients

tremendously useful, glad i stumbled across this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiritbeing
    spiritbeing Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Great Guide Thanks

Many Blessings
  • mynameistal
    mynameistal Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Tanks! I'v been looking for this guide everywhere!
  • Hurahi - Harshlands
    Hurahi - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thxs, this is by far one of the most usefull guilds ever :D
  • Roschar - Harshlands
    Roschar - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For one in your guide, you refer as every thing to old PWI Etherblade(Now) Ethersword(Old)
  • SilverNightt - Lost City
    SilverNightt - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the guide it was great! Nicely written out..
  • ormember
    ormember Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Excellent guide. Just what I needed b:pleased
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Big Thanks!!!
    b:victory
  • VeteranPsy - Raging Tide
    VeteranPsy - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    great guide, all i can add to it is to tell you to change the link to that database from http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/ to http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/, and that will solve some name change problems
  • Aleesa - Heavens Tear
    Aleesa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    love your guide
  • S/
ctum - Sanctuary
    S/ ctum - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very helpful, thank you! I was wanting to get into crafting in order to save myself some money by making my own items, and this guide told me exactly how.

Also, love your dye guide. Now I know which colors to avoid. ;)
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    o0 thats alot of points congrats man
This discussion has been closed.