MySpace Countdown - UPDATES!

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Official Announcements
Just read through all of the interesting discussion taking place in regards to our recent MySpace Community Event. here are some facts that I can disclose:

1) As Xarfox has previously stated - this event is/was NOT a scam - We based our goal of 6000 friends based on the size of MySpace Profiles of other similar MMO type games relative to the size of our user/server population.

2) We intervened as best as we could to legitimately reach our goal. We had GM's frequently broadcasting the event in World Chat, we posted announcement and reminders throughout these boards, we asked all PWE employees to join our MySpace and to get their friends, family hooked in as well, etc. We ran the event for a total of 5 weeks which we thought was ample time to hit our goal.

3) We decided 2 weeks ago to move up Server Maintenance a couple days early (early Sunday morning, nov. 2) in anticipation that the goal would be met and to have the EXP Bonus ready to go and activated Monday morning (note: servers need to be refreshed to activate such bonuses).

4) Less then 15 friends were deleted by us throughout the duration of this contest - mostly for switching their user pictures to something objectionable (after they were added) and after we received complaints.

5) Even though we are disappointed in not having met our goal of 6k friends the Product and Community Teams considers this event a success mostly due to the fact that a very remarkable and spirited community organically developed on our MySpace Network. The way we see it is that with a minimal amount of intervention a surprisingly robust community took root on its own that is every bit as vibrant as the 'main' community here on our boards.

Because of our love and respect for our new MySpace family we really, really want to make sure that they get rewarded (and of course, you folks as well b:thanks). For that reason Xarfox and I really went to bat for our community and managed to convince the powers-that-be to extended this event 2 more weeks! Basically we are giving you, the community, one more chance to secure this bonus by giving you a new deadline ( 6 p.m., Monday, November 17) to help us and the community reach our goal of 6000+ friends.

This goal should be VERY achievable considering that we need just 600 more friends to hit the mark. If you read between the lines you would be quite safe in assume that Xarfox and I really, really want to give the servers this EXP Bonus. We are just itching to flick this EXP switch 'on.' Now its up to you to make it happen.

Go and git er done!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Our recent promotional event:

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/myspace/

has just been extended! From NOW through November 17th (Monday) our goal is to gather 6000+ friends on our MySpace Page. If this target is achieved by 6 p.m. PST on November 17 we will buff each server with a 1.5x EXP bonus for a one week duration from Nov. 18 - Nov. 24.

Be sure to add us as a friend on our MySpace Page at:

http://www.myspace.com/perfectworldinternational

Tell your friends, and your friends-friends to join the crew as well! Fat leveling boost to come for all once we hit that magical 6000 friend count. ;)
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sweet!

Come On We Need Like 1k More addz!
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sweet!

Come On We Need Like 1k More addz!

more like 560 more!

time to see those with *ahem* "strong" opinions on this event to put their money where their mouths are.
    b:victory
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    more like 560 more!

time to see those with *ahem* "strong" opinions on this event to put their money where their mouths are.

TRUE only 500 (isH) addz Left I was Just On The perfect World Myspace acccount And I refreshed The Page They Accepted 3 More people In Like 3 Min So yea At That Rate The Xp Bonus is As Good As Mine!!! *Ahem* I Mean Ours.

X DemonicAngell X
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i Just Started A Thread Informing Everyone LOlL I really Want to Be A Moderater.
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would like to say the GMs of PWE are the most hard working people I have ever seen. They truly care about us /cry.
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would like to say the GMs of PWE are the most hard working people I have ever seen. They truly care about us /cry.

Yepppp They Do Really Care They GIving Us NOw 7 Weeks

To Reach Wat SO People Could reach IN A Couple Of Day

I Got 9,000 People On My Myspace IN under 1 Month And Im Not Even That Popualr

Im Trying To Break The 10,000 Mark Before the 7th Which Is My Birthday.

X DemonicAngell X
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Now, i didn't expect this to happen, which is nice.

You're basically giving away the prize now, very nice, thank you.

Though, i'd giggle if we ended up on 5999. <3
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Now, i didn't expect this to happen, which is nice.

You're basically giving away the prize now, very nice, thank you.

Though, i'd giggle if we ended up on 5999. <3

iLL Personally Make A New Myspace Just to Add Perfect World If That Happens So We Can Get To 6000
  • Livinia - Sanctuary
    Livinia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    iLL Personally Make A New Myspace Just to Add Perfect World If That Happens So We Can Get To 6000

the same :D
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the same :D

Woot We Should Just Make Like 250 Each lol
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I just obtained alot more faith in this company then I ever thought would happen.

Snuggles was right when I talked to him 2 night ago :P

Well done team b:laugh
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • Bauglir - Heavens Tear
    Bauglir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    it was sweet to see this and I thank you but really did you have to. No you didn't and that is just one more reason why Perfect World is the best f2p mmorpg if not the best period.
    Keep up the good work.
    Love the game.
    Go Balrogs!!b:laughb:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    wow im amazed they are doing something to right the wrong they gave everyone who can NOT buy the XP scrolls. Holiday times. even they left the prices of them scrolls from there 35-40K are raised to 50-60K each. I will keep this on. BUT instead of benefitting the Xen buyers y not HALVE the XP from 1.5 to 0.75% this way it is fair to the WHOLE community. And not in favor of the Xen purchasers and it wont LOOK or SEEM like a scam and its fair to the WHOLE Community and not just the 1 select set. But do this if the event amount isnt reached. dont mess with the rest of the gamers for a few lousy amount of members no joining up.
  • muff
    muff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Pity you had to be beaten into it.
    Job done.
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    wow im amazed they are doing something to right the wrong they gave everyone who can NOT buy the XP scrolls. Holiday times. even they left the prices of them scrolls from there 35-40K are raised to 50-60K each. I will keep this on. BUT instead of benefitting the Xen buyers y not HALVE the XP from 1.5 to 0.75% this way it is fair to the WHOLE community. And not in favor of the Xen purchasers and it wont LOOK or SEEM like a scam and its fair to the WHOLE Community and not just the 1 select set. But do this if the event amount isnt reached. dont mess with the rest of the gamers for a few lousy amount of members no joining up.

Why Should They

Get Over It Perfect World Is A F2P mmorpg And yess You Can Choose To Play With-Out PLaying Any Money At All

But With Out The Cash shop They Would Become Broke And Then Perfect World Would Close And Or They Would HAve To Make It A P2P To Pay There Bills

So Stop Complaining They Gave Us More Then Enough Time TO Reach 6,000 Player.

And Now Theer Giveing us 2 More Weeks With Only 500 More People To Gather

Perfect World Team Really Wants Us to reach The 6,000 mark For The 1.5x XP Boost

And If We Dont MAke It This Time, No-One Should Be Able To Complain As They Would Have Giiving Us 7 Weeks - 42 Days To reach This Very Acchievable TAsk

Perfect World Team FTW!!!

X DemonicAngel X
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Because of our love and respect for our new MySpace family we really, really want to make sure that they get rewarded (and of course, you folks as well b:thanks). For that reason Xarfox and I really went to bat for our community and managed to convince the powers-that-be to extended this event 2 more weeks! Basically we are giving you, the community, one more chance to secure this bonus by giving you a new deadline ( 6 p.m., Monday, November 17) to help us and the community reach our goal of 6000+ friends.
    LOL! Now THIS is a scam! b:chuckle

Read between the lines : the 20% rebate on xp srolls was not going as well as expected. So the Powers-That-Be decided to extend the event in the hope to finally reach that 6000 mark to finally see the sales of xp scrolls sky-rocket through the roof. b:chuckle

Pitiful...Pitiful PWE... Why not extend it a year to make sure to reach your goal?

You are faster to start again an event that will put money in your pocket that to fix the real concern of many of your players like fixing those ridiculous TW times shcedules, or hte horse race..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    b:chuckle PW has blocked my myspace account, oh noes!
    i admit i was pissed off about the event and i stated on there myspace page that i was, so your solution is to delete and block?

this goes to show how PW deal with there customers and it seems to go a little like this...

Dear player, your not happy with the way we run things? then we dont care, i think we shud jus block u instead so you cant be on the friends list and help add to 6000, lol with a capital L!

it also goes to show how they deal with individuals that post there thoughts, dont deal with it, just blok so we never have to hear from u!

if i get banned on these forums for this simple post then it aint gonna bother me, just shows ppl how u deal with individual customers, mind u GM's, im a Zen buyer aswell.

well doesnt bother me, cant say that i diddnt try and i thought free speach was alowed.

o well, g/l wih the event
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • demonicangell
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Lb:chuckle PW has blocked my myspace account, oh noes!
    i admit i was pissed off about the event and i stated on there myspace page that i was, so your solution is to delete and block?

this goes to show how PW deal with there customers and it seems to go a little like this...

Dear player, your not happy with the way we run things? then we dont care, i think we shud jus block u instead so you cant be on the friends list and help add to 6000, lol with a capital L!

well doesnt bother me, cant say that i diddnt try and i thought free speach was alowed.

o well, g/l wih the event

Lol How Sad Lol If We Get To 5,999 Then ill Be Pissed
  • Eveangeline - Heavens Tear
    Eveangeline - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    WOOO HOOOO

Thank you guys, this is an act of good faith on your part, it's nice to see a company that listens to their customers.

Now I hope we will get the magical 6k!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ achieved level 40 in 14 days of gameplay =^.^=
    Married Erikose on 16th November 2008 b:kiss
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Most of the "OMG YOU SCAMMERS Q_Q WE DIDNT REACH GOAL WE WANT PRIZE ANYWAY!" turned into "YOU'RE THE BEST !!!" looks like the PWI staff is just ignoring the fact that most ppl turned agaisnt'em.
    Funny how everyone was calling'em scammers even tho there was nothing anywhere near a scam, just an unreached goal now they give us more time yet some ppl still call'em scammers or try to change stuff even after they're giving you a second chance and ignoring how you backstab'em.
    Thanks PWI staff, second chance and ignoring the stupidity of most of your comunity ?
    Daaammmnnnn nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Vyllina - Heavens Tear
    Vyllina - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I don't envy the mods/GMs their jobs, that's for sure...everytime I read these forums, someone makes me mad. LOL

Nonetheless, I think it's really awesome of PWE to extend out the event, and not just give in to the whiners. Thanks so much!
    Venomancer of Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **Thanks to Forsankenx for my sig!
  • floodman
    floodman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    in my opinion the way most of the community acted after the failed event.Do not deserve this extention to the event @.@ they had a good month to get 6,000(which might i add is not too difficult considering the pwi comunity it self consists of a few thousand if not more people
    so there complaining was just childish and also what i dont get is were they get there logic from o_O i heard that the event would give 150% exp >.>' to all players not just zen buyers so the so called "OMG THERE SCAMMERS" is utterly **** cause hows that a scam? every one gets a 150% exp buff and levels faster >.>' dont scams usally benifit the producer/seller in a 60/40 if not higher like 90/10 margin? were the consumer loses out? o_O i do not see that here Free is Free 0 + 0 = 0 >.>' yes you can get exp scrolls to get from 150~200% but so what? even without the exp event you guy a exp scroll you still get 50% more exp then the average person o.O so i dont see the problem here.Also note even in this event its not "required for you to get exp scrolls" to level even faster every one will get 150% exp >.>' which is a ton more then normal be happy with it. if you get greedy and want to buy exp scrolls then later complain about having to buy them i pitty you. >.>' cause you did that of your own will and try to cast blame on some one else which is just sad.

~floodman

p.s: i would like to thank the gms for extending the time though most ppl dont deserve it and i wouldnt mind if we didnt get it. you still gave us a second chance which was nice of you ^_^

bye for now. b:bye
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Options
    muff wrote: »
    Pity you had to be beaten into it.

ummmmm, not at all.

I (and several others) did read every post in the various threads on this topic but truth be told our primary motivation for pushing to get an extension of the event is the simple fact that we have come to adore our MySpace Community and really wanted to make sure that they got rewarded (and by virtue, everyone here as well).
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    I (and several others) did read every post in the various threads on this topic but truth be told our primary motivation for pushing to get an extension of the event is the simple fact that we have come to adore our MySpace Community and really wanted to make sure that they got rewarded (and by virtue, everyone here as well).

It would have been less complicated to simply say "Eh, you did well enough, here is your 1.5 xp event" instead of going through the process of making a consolation prize, then extending the event.

Admit it : you loves drama b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    LOL! Now THIS is a scam! b:chuckle

Read between the lines : the 20% rebate on xp srolls was not going as well as expected. So the Powers-That-Be decided to extend the event in the hope to finally reach that 6000 mark to finally see the sales of xp scrolls sky-rocket through the roof. b:chuckle

Pitiful...Pitiful PWE... Why not extend it a year to make sure to reach your goal?

You are faster to start again an event that will put money in your pocket that to fix the real concern of many of your players like fixing those ridiculous TW times shcedules, or hte horse race..

I do agree. Although I think the word "scam" is a little harsh.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how about a mastermind trick? b:shutup
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how about a mastermind trick? b:shutup

Yeah, thats closer to what I was thinking.

If they wanted to give us another chance, they should have started over from ZERO on any other community but Pedophile/****/VirusSpace, The fact that they couldn't get 6k friends should have been a BIG SIGN that a majority of the PWI community will not go anywhere near that place.

Although i will take full advantage of the extra EXP, I wish PWI would have just kept it at YOU FAILED and gave us nothing for NOT REACHING 6K FRIENDS.
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    No progress. Seems we haven't moved up at all today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org