MySpace Countdown - The road to 1.5x EXP

Options

Comments

• spicyjack
    spicyjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Myspace is, to me, a complete waste of time. Why spend all this time putting random info for complete strangers to look at you? For those who try to counter with "It's for my RL friends" I say what for? Since when has a phone not been faster and more efficient? Why do ppl spend hours "decorating" just so that people who know who they already are can see them again in a permenent frame?
  • elpostre
    elpostre Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Wow spicyjack, you make a very good point. I repeated what you said to my myspace-obsessed friend and they swore at me, but they admitted that it was true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ellysius - Heavens Tear
    Ellysius - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Aw man! Why myspace?? That website steals souls!

Heheh no offense, but I really hate myspace, so I'm happy without the 1.5 exp =)
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    spicyjack wrote: »
    Myspace is, to me, a complete waste of time. Why spend all this time putting random info for complete strangers to look at you? For those who try to counter with "It's for my RL friends" I say what for? Since when has a phone not been faster and more efficient? Why do ppl spend hours "decorating" just so that people who know who they already are can see them again in a permenent frame?

I use myspace to keep in contact with my friends internationally, who i cant really afford to call, or to let friends who cant afford a cell phone (or a phone at all for that matter and just use the library comps to check their pages) that can recieve pics to view new pics of whats going on with me and my family. Its also great (and was originally intended for) music promotion and advertisement. Yeah decorating the page is kinda a waiste of time, but as for keeping in touch with ppl its alright. I've found many old friend that I lost contact with through myspace that I probably never would have been able to get in touch with again. The new goodreads app has introduced me to several new authors too. Not one person on my page have I not meet in person either even though i leave my page on the public setting. Just because its not useful to you doesnt mean you have to rag on the ppl who do find it useful
  • Mimelle - Lost City
    Mimelle - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I use myspace to keep in contact with my friends internationally, who i cant really afford to call, or to let friends who cant afford a cell phone (or a phone at all for that matter and just use the library comps to check their pages) that can recieve pics to view new pics of whats going on with me and my family. Its also great (and was originally intended for) music promotion and advertisement. Yeah decorating the page is kinda a waiste of time, but as for keeping in touch with ppl its alright. I've found many old friend that I lost contact with through myspace that I probably never would have been able to get in touch with again. The new goodreads app has introduced me to several new authors too. Not one person on my page have I not meet in person either even though i leave my page on the public setting. Just because its not useful to you doesnt mean you have to rag on the ppl who do find it useful

I have many international friends, and find myspace useless anyway. :P

You could keep them updated with LJ. You can post photo there, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'll just grind for the exp.

I never really liked myspace, since most users in there are either a complete simpleton or just an oddball. But then again, I might just be super imposing the understanding of human "needs" on what the right "thing" is about.

1.5x exp event should happen at least once every two weeks for 2 to 3 days X)

Though, I'm happy to say this, I'll just munch on those exp with or without ;)
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    spicyjack wrote: »

It's for networking, spicyjack.. for people who can use that kind of networking for something productive, like to succeed in their career, sell art, join together for some common goal, whatever.. Also to meet people to date and find penpals and things?

Not that I really care as they deleted one of my accounts that had been there almost from the start with no warning or notice at all.. all my mail of 6 years, journal, everything.. gone. And they wouldn't even tell me why. I know I didn't do anything or break any TOS. It was clearly some kind of thoughtless mistake. And they should have at least warned me about whatever they were accusing me of first, or told me what I supposedly did. So.. myspace in my mind, from experience, officially sucks. :D It's run by incompetent management who are greedy and care nothing about their customers or doing their job properly. I don't bother with it anymore.

It can be good for networking though, if you need that. Best for people in the entertainment industries I think. A shame the company is run by careless, brainless incompetents. Don't know how it got so big. I guess they just got lucky.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Btw, to achieve the 6000 friends goal.. what everyone who has a myspace needs to do is put PWI in their top friends, especially the ones who get a lot of traffic... That might help.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I got rid of my myspace a while ago mostly because none of my friends were using it themselves anymore.

One less wouldn't make much of a difference anyway; we still need over 2000 in the next two weeks.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Disable apps, make your stuff private, and only you and your friends can see your profile, pics, and blog.

It isn't going to hurt to make a profile. If you really don't want to use it, don't. Let it sit there and rot, or delete it later. I don't know about you all, but 1.5x bonus is nice, and we only have to do a little work to get it.

I have found many old school friends on myspace from different US states who I haven't heard from since I was a kid.

It is also great for networking and meeting new people with interests similar to yours.

I also mine it for new music to listen to from the millions of indie artists.

Youtube is great for original music artists, and funny stuff in general.

Add the Firefox ad-blocking plugin, and your internet is less visually and aurally noisy, and more enjoyable b:laugh
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Pinyin - Lost City
    Pinyin - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol yesterday it was @4000 and now its down to 3994 :( wth did u lose 6friends?
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ahhh 1600 and a few more friedns to meet total in 9 days .. oh it shall be close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol yesterday it was @4000 and now its down to 3994 :( wth did u lose 6friends?

ehh, we have to cull a few myspace members every now and then for saying naughty things and posting pictures that would make a Grecian sailor blush. b:chuckle
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Arissu - Heavens Tear
    Arissu - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well you know what they say about opinions "there like armpits and they all stink" but tbh thats alot of friends. Sooo my opinion is let us have to xp increaseb:laugh or at least shorten the duration of the increase.

Oh and btw, a little less "big head kid pills" and more Midnightsb:surrender
    but the good thing is I LvL'ed twice grinding all those coins to buy Guardian Anjels:P
  • schwarze
    schwarze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I added PW :D woot ya? b:chuckle
    b:heartb:heartb:heart
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh, come on now kids.

Disclaimer: the following is NOT an official suggestion or three, they are personal ones. PWE is not responsible for my silliness.

Tell your friends. Post bulletins. Post a thoughtful blog on the game and make it public.

Jump into some gaming chat rooms and ask for people to join you in your adventures.

Ask nicely the people on the emails lists you are on.

You know those people that send you those irritating email Forwards? Like how you'll die in 7 days if you don't paint a cat green or forward this email on to 18 karate jumping raccoons in their quest for finer garbage?

Well, you can make your own email forward story, and send it back to those people to join the myspace friends list.

A little creativity goes a long way. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh, come on now kids.

Disclaimer: the following is NOT an official suggestion or three, they are personal ones. PWE is not responsible for my silliness.

Tell your friends. Post bulletins. Post a thoughtful blog on the game and make it public.

Jump into some gaming chat rooms and ask for people to join you in your adventures.

Ask nicely the people on the emails lists you are on.

You know those people that send you those irritating email Forwards? Like how you'll die in 7 days if you don't paint a cat green or forward this email on to 18 karate jumping raccoons in their quest for finer garbage?

Well, you can make your own email forward story, and send it back to those people to join the myspace friends list.

A little creativity goes a long way. b:victory

hmmm...i have 2 cats...don't give me any ideas b:laugh and you had some good ideas..hope we make it..i could use the extra exp..i'm old and slow so every little bit helps b:chuckle
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1000 people in 2 days doesn't seem possible, I think we put forth the effort to earn it though. And I think it should be launched along with the Etherblade (PVP) server!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Eveangeline - Heavens Tear
    Eveangeline - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I signed up..... come on people!!! get your name down too b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ achieved level 40 in 14 days of gameplay =^.^=
    Married Erikose on 16th November 2008 b:kiss
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Can we bet they'll make the event even if they don't reach 6000?

They'll not give up an event that will make them sell more XP scrolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited October 2008
    Options

lol indeed.

I dont personally mind though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. There's positives and negatives if we push out the exp bonus to all servers. some in the company are all for it others not really.

food for thought!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Lu bu - Sanctuary
    Lu bu - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i uess i joined in a little late or just very close to the end <(^_^)> but at least i did it and added
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. There's positives and negatives if we push out the exp bonus to all servers. some in the company are all for it others not really.

food for thought!

Why not simply do something like 1.4 or 1.3 xp event since we were close but no cigar? >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordbiorn
    lordbiorn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just recieved PW as friend, leaving last count at 5306. Not a lot, but still a ways to go before midnight. Good luck PW.

This is a great game. Just started yesterday...banned already. :P I don't understand what it means, but sent my ticket in and hopefully it will be resolved soon so I can start playing again.
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm doing one last thing that is sure to generate friends, though I can't vouch for the quality of said friends. But I should be able to get a couple hundred before the 1st, 700 might be possible.

I deserve some award if this works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    5332 at november 1.

Let's see if my prediction will come true b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.