[Guide] Barbarian builds & tips

Comments

• TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Best guild used since level 1.
    63 barb 190 str 38 Dex 100+ vit
    stating for aps later kinda sucks though.
  • Wolvaarian - Heavens Tear
    Wolvaarian - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Best guild used since level 1.
    63 barb 190 str 38 Dex 100+ vit
    stating for aps later kinda sucks though.

i have 305str 52vit 58dex and 16mag at 79 it works perfectly if using shards for hp in armor, i can tank and DD when i want i hit 1/2hits over 10k dmg and have 10k+hp i can tell you it works perfectly i have enough str for 101axes allrdy and each lvl i add 5dex for claws at lvl95 and fists at lvl100 its a great barb build (half my opinion most truth)
  • Sovanara - Heavens Tear
    Sovanara - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just to make sure...

The tanking build is

LVL STR DEX

(no idea for the excess)

And so forth? I'm just wondering XD
  • tonyandabby
    tonyandabby Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    waht can i do to make a sage barb have mor aps lvl 100
  • ashtheninja
    ashtheninja Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So when going for a tank, what's the recommended Str/Dex level? Or is tanking not the best route for a barb anymore?

Right now I'm at 98vit, 86str and 33dex. I've been scattering my acquired points because everyone keeps telling me they build their tank barb differently... Where should I be focusing my points now?
  • Ziicon - Raging Tide
    Ziicon - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So when going for a tank, what's the recommended Str/Dex level? Or is tanking not the best route for a barb anymore?

Right now I'm at 98vit, 86str and 33dex. I've been scattering my acquired points because everyone keeps telling me they build their tank barb differently... Where should I be focusing my points now?

98 vit is way to high if you only have 86 str.
    98 vit would be level 70+ by then you need 200+ str
  • shiga
    shiga Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think I messed up my build. Currently I am level 14 with 44str, 18vit, and 18dex. Any suggestions on maybe turning this around, or am I on the right track? I dont feel like I'm going about things the right way.

edit: And this is excluding my gear boosts.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You're doing just fine. You're adding 3 str 1 dex 1 vit per level, which is great at lower levels. Eventually you'll want to cap off your dex (at 60 dex or 80 dex) and put that extra point in vit I guess.
  • shiga
    shiga Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You're doing just fine. You're adding 3 str 1 dex 1 vit per level, which is great at lower levels. Eventually you'll want to cap off your dex (at 60 dex or 80 dex) and put that extra point in vit I guess.

Thanks man, I'll do just that.
  • Dalenshee - Lost City
    Dalenshee - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If later in your build, do you find yourself missing a few stats, or wanting a stat change? A good way to accomplish these is to Plan Ahead.

Look at the required stats for gear you'll be using later in the game. Stat every level according to what you need later on. Once you reach your goal and are able to wear the gear for your level, you can start statting according to your desired build.

If your goal is a desired end-game build change, but you are a low lvl (example: 60-80), just rethink your lvl-by-lvl statting that ends with the desired stat build.

For a while, my random stat building wasn't getting me enough str., so from lvl 80-95 I was putting 4 str. 1 vit / 5 str. every other level to meet my end-game build.
  • pukec
    pukec Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    you get free to you email or you buy 5 diamandsb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:victory
  • DeathKicker - Harshlands
    DeathKicker - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well nice build's but i like to be a tanker + with some dex to equip fists/claws at 90+ so i can be a good aps and i want to have a good hp so i dont die alot and more plz reply by helping me solving the problem
  • Hollow_Lust - Raging Tide
    Hollow_Lust - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well nice build's but i like to be a tanker + with some dex to equip fists/claws at 90+ so i can be a good aps and i want to have a good hp so i dont die alot and more plz reply by helping me solving the problem

Wait till 99+ before you do that because 95 is for any good claws/fists. But at 99 you can do the ashura/lionheart x2 set bonus which will make you 2.86 aps(4 sparked) with the wraithgate or any higher aps cape.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Wait till 99+ before you do that because 95 is for any good claws/fists. But at 99 you can do the ashura/lionheart x2 set bonus which will make you 2.86 aps(4 sparked) with the wraithgate or any higher aps cape.

I switched to fist build at 90 and I had no trouble tanking really. I did have pan gu tome merchanted by then though, plus all the other aps stuff. It really made life a lot easier already.
  • highflyer351
    highflyer351 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Helped me alot...thnx b:victory
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Boy it's a lot of pages to read through.
    I just made a Barb and he's almost ready for FB 19.
    I've been stating him 5 str 3 vit 2 dex every two levels and have been happy with it.
    When should I stop with dex?
    He's a traditional tanker-axes hammers/heavy armor nothing fancy.
    Someone told me stop dex at 60? Is this right? Then 5- str 5 vit every two levels?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Boy it's a lot of pages to read through.
    I just made a Barb and he's almost ready for FB 19.
    I've been stating him 5 str 3 vit 2 dex every two levels and have been happy with it.
    When should I stop with dex?
    He's a traditional tanker-axes hammers/heavy armor nothing fancy.
    Someone told me stop dex at 60? Is this right? Then 5- str 5 vit every two levels?

You need 5 str every two levels for heavy armour, you need 6 str every two levels for axes/hammers though. So if I were you I'd start adding more str. You can cap dex at any multiple of 20 (60+) you are comfortable with (usually 60 or 80).
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I see what you mean with higher level hammers/axes.
    I made the adjustments so it's as though I went 6 - 2 - 2 every two levels.
    b:bye
  • arnaldo4455
    arnaldo4455 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Does every Barbarian need to use HP charms?

I was tanking Qinzi yesterday, but I kept dying, despite my 4.3k HP... The healer was good, and rezzed me like 10 times during the fight, but I felt so squishy for a tank.

My armor was the rank 1 armor, from the Commander and Chief or his buddy there in Arch.

What am I doing wrong, hehehe.

(I am only lvl 33 btw, am I being to hasty to think i can tank him without dying as much?)

THank you,

Arnaldo
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Does every Barbarian need to use HP charms?

I was tanking Qinzi yesterday, but I kept dying, despite my 4.3k HP... The healer was good, and rezzed me like 10 times during the fight, but I felt so squishy for a tank.

My armor was the rank 1 armor, from the Commander and Chief or his buddy there in Arch.

What am I doing wrong, hehehe.

(I am only lvl 33 btw, am I being to hasty to think i can tank him without dying as much?)

THank you,

Arnaldo

Qinzi is pretty hard for a barb your level, so don't feel too bad about it. Try and use alacrity of the beast to cancel as often as possible and perhaps get an extra healer to help or find a magic class to range tank it :)
  • serahbaby
    serahbaby Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When you talked about the "Tank" Build.
    You said for dex and str, follow equipment requirement?

So does that mean "Equipment" as in the Heavy Armor or the Weapons?

Please give me more details if any of you know?

If you can, my email is eric083196@comcast.net

Email me if you cant reply to my message, k? b:puzzled
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would u recommend restating about 1k hp (with buffs) to get more str for van a/r8/r9 wep?
    Plz note i can't just get 1k hp extra from refines since I'm not rich...
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • casttiell
    casttiell Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello, my main's name is Lucious and he is a level 97 tank barb. I was wondering if 11k physical defense is good for his level? If you could please email me at erebos94@gmail.com. Thank you
  • sokoli
    sokoli Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what is better to add for pvp build each lvl

Healp me if U can...

pls
  • dark0vistar
    dark0vistar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The most helpful guide ever thank you very much 4 this, u rock b:laughb:victory
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    casttiell wrote: »
    Hello, my main's name is Lucious and he is a level 97 tank barb. I was wondering if 11k physical defense is good for his level? If you could please email me at erebos94@gmail.com. Thank you

11k sounds a bit weak. I was pushing 25k(full buffs) & 18k hpwith frost gear around that level. Now at 100 I have 20k hp & 28k pdef full buffs with 2 recast r8 peices, oht wrist, r8 boots, phy neck/belt, forest hat and cloudcharger cape. My mdef is around 3k-4k which will change when I farm my mdef orns and rings.

and no you are not getting my email ty
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • stayoutofmyshed
    stayoutofmyshed Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My build is just : 5str 4vit 1dex. dont rlly know if its good?
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am coming up to lvl 99 & i have a question about gear

I have already made Loinheart boots & bracers & also TT 99 axes ( unparalleled Brimstone Axes )

Could you advise me what other gear i would need?

I'll be a tanker btw

Str 293

Dex 56

Vita 238
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey i got a question, i got too much vit and too little strength for R8 weapon. Should i restat 41 vit for that or stick to a Pan Gu's Giant Axe? I'm not going to Pk or TW!
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • MrPandikaze - Heavens Tear
    MrPandikaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    markillian wrote: »
    This is probably one of the best guides I've ever read. Extremely thorough and just plain awesome.
    I may admit that I agree with you.b:thanks