What do YOU get out of PKing?

Comments

• faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    They rage then quit, that's all they've been doing in recent games. Never stayed long enough to play the real pvp in PW.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's true that PK fun come really soon for EA, but late for other classes.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chii
    chii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What about clerics who choose to be player support :( it's not nice to kill them
  • ponyboy1987
    ponyboy1987 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok so i am new, what exactly is a pk and a pkk? and any guild willing to help someone new?
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    They rage then quit, that's all they've been doing in recent games. Never stayed long enough to play the real pvp in PW.

Says the kid who ran from us on OB to the PVE server. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    faruxue wrote: »

Isn't this the kid that posted timed screenshots?

He tried to make it look like we were ganking his guildie 3v1 right? When the fight was actually 2v7 for the most part?

And then he admitted he timed the screens to make us look bad and begged us to let the whole issue drop and said sorry?

That's what I thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok so i am new, what exactly is a pk and a pkk? and any guild willing to help someone new?

Pk = player kill. Means you are not safe after lvl 30, and anyone can PK you outside safe zones. You don't lose experience, but you may drop items. To avoid all unpleasant feelings and drama you'd better join PvE server. :D:D

PKK is like anti-PK, people who hunt Pkers....
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    chii wrote: »
    What about clerics who choose to be player support :( it's not nice to kill them

The Desati call them lessers. If you are rolling you class with no pvp skill only to "heal and help" your not on the right server. Priests can be deadly Pk'ers just earn your classand you'll be fine. If you don't well then you kinda deserve to die.

I like PK because it makes the hours of questing and grinding worth something in the measure of how you fair against other players, I take great personal pride in killing anything and anyone, mostly I like pk because lost city is a PK server and maybe PKKers don't belong because everyone's ultimate goal on this server should be Pk plain and simple If you don't want to be killed for being a total failure noob you need to go to a PvE server.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit
  • hotaro
    hotaro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    I've seen RQ people around but they didn't bother me, of course I'm not level 30 yet either, and most of them weren't.

I've been thinking. Your guild name is nice and all, but it doesn't exactly fit. You want rage to quit, so why do you pk people to create rage, instead of make it quit?

I really don't see the point of pking but darn it, if someone attacks me I'm going to fight back. People have tried to pk me in other games and died trying. The person who did get me I quickly killed when I got back to where I was trying to level. Not sure how things will turn out in this game but I don't travel alone.

People like this is the entire reason I pk. After the twenty+ players who fall without a fight, you just might get lucky and find that competent fast-thinking player who can escape, recover, and bring the fight back on you for an epic clash.

Good luck to you Fox, may I be lucky enough to cross you the wrong way someday.

As for the rest of the uninformed, I thought I would share my view of ragequit for you all to enjoy from a 2 week member's perspective.

~Heavily organized
    ~Tight nit community core with many new trial members still learning the ropes. That being said some members will make mistakes sometimes and Mystic pounds them to the grindstone to ensure our ideals are preserved
    ~Despite what many believe, the ranks are filled with multiple college students and graduates with vast life experiences and wisdom to share
    ~International player base. Extremely diverse but sharing the same rebellious spirit
    ~Fun-loving. We crack jokes on each other just like we do on these forum flamers. Only difference is we know better than to take it seriously :p. Comes with the maturity level I suppose

So there you have a look at it from the inside. Hope this added something new to this over flamed post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RageQuit- Our way of viewing the world brings us together. Society demands you to stand against us. Dare to think for yourself.

In-game contact info: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/DioAurion/signature.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bard-Prophet-GodSlayer

Any faction that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.~ W. Dyer
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The Guardian Angel in the Boutique is great for not letting your items drop when killed. Charms are good for extra HP and MP. (like 150,000) :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • coldash
    edited September 2008
    hotaro wrote: »
    People like this is the entire reason I pk. After the twenty+ players who fall without a fight, you just might get lucky and find that competent fast-thinking player who can escape, recover, and bring the fight back on you for an epic clash.

As for the rest of the uninformed, I thought I would share my view of ragequit for you all to enjoy from a 2 week member's perspective.

~Heavily organized
    ~Tight nit community core with many new trial members still learning the ropes. That being said some members will make mistakes sometimes and Mystic pounds them to the grindstone to ensure our ideals are preserved
    ~Despite what many believe, the ranks are filled with multiple college students and graduates with vast life experiences and wisdom to share
    ~International player base. Extremely diverse but sharing the same rebellious spirit
    ~Fun-loving. We crack jokes on each other just like we do on these forum flamers. Only difference is we know better than to take it seriously :p. Comes with the maturity level I suppose

So there you have a look at it from the inside. Hope this added something new to this over flamed post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RageQuit- Our way of viewing the world brings us together. Society demands you to stand against us. Dare to think for yourself.

In-game contact info: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/DioAurion/signature.jpg

^5 this. You people get all fussy about our name and in-game persona, and you make illiterate assumptions about us. Take off your diaper an put on your PK hat that's all that really needs to be said if you are an RQ hater. This is one of the most highly organized well run guilds I have ever been in, and because the guild has standards for the kind of players it recruits it is also a concentrated area of either well educated or otherwise intelligent people. We are smart enough to know how to get under your skin, and you are dumb enough to let us. so it is epic lols for us. GG
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hotaro wrote: »

~Heavily organized

Excellent post, thank you for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited September 2008
    I will mostly play on heavens tear server but I don't have characters on Lost City for nothing. I'll be on them from time to time and do some pking of my own.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    for FUN nothing more or less
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I will mostly play on heavens tear server but I don't have characters on Lost City for nothing. I'll be on them from time to time and do some pking of my own.

No you won't.

You'll be a solo pker leagues behind everyone else in gear/levels, feebly fishing for ganks in a sea of heiros.

After your first four or five failures, somebody is going to GITURMANE and stomp you out, and you're going to get frustrated and either return to the nonfactor server where everybody can claim they're king because nobody can challenge them; or you'll ragequit the game altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaela
    jaela Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008

PKK is hypocritical, your still killing a player but just claiming that its in defense of others:confused: Didn't the PKK just kill a player ._. Thus making them a Pker :eek: Basically there the same thing
  • faustiv
    faustiv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thats the only reason I play MMORPG.....
  • asuirth
    asuirth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zakat wrote: »
    Ok so I've been searching around the forums and it seems to me like everyone want's to be a PKer.Is that the best way to get glory out of PW or is everyone in the game just looking to tick the next person off?Does in make people "fear" you in PW when you go around killing off lower levled people and ambushing the higher people you know you can't take?

In my opinon there is no point to PKing...not only this but those who do PK get extremley annoying.Personanlly I have choosen the path of PKKer.Not of out malice or to get revenge on all the PKers who have killed me in the past....I choose PKK because I am one of those who beleive that there is at least a small amount of morality in everything...even games.I don't think it's right for the expirienced people to prey on noobs just because they enjoy easy kills.Besides,it seems like EVERYONE wants to "grow up and be a PKer"....someone has to make sure they don't get our of control.

So I ask my fellow users.What is it that motivates you to become a PKer?
    no points on pking? umm if your in a pvp server then theres nothing wierd about that at all.. why shouldnt there be pking? carebears server --> PVE, non-carebear server --> PVP. im only lvl 9.. and i know that at some point im gonna get randomly ganked.. but i realize that is a possibility and accept it since i did chooseto play on a PVP server.
  • zoefox
    edited September 2008
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    No you won't.

You'll be a solo pker leagues behind everyone else in gear/levels, feebly fishing for ganks in a sea of heiros.

After your first four or five failures, somebody is going to GITURMANE and stomp you out, and you're going to get frustrated and either return to the nonfactor server where everybody can claim they're king because nobody can challenge them; or you'll ragequit the game altogether.

Actually I won't be alone. If you read another post I made earlier, I don't travel alone. My equips will be better than you think.:cool:
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Actually I won't be alone. If you read another post I made earlier, I don't travel alone. My equips will be better than you think.:cool:

err if you in Heaven's Tear then you can chose not to get PKed only at PVP server type you can't chose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoefox
    edited September 2008
    tricktia wrote: »
    err if you in Heaven's Tear then you can chose not to get PKed only at PVP server type you can't chose

I have characters in both.
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Get the rush of over powering someone in the heat of a battle when it could go anyway, you start of stalking who you want and keep going and once you get them and you get in to this fight and you might win you might lose? Or it could be the rush of Gank someone who didn't see it coming :) I will be a crazy PK, I don't really care what it come to.. I will be Pk anyone and everyone i come pass :) Or well try..there a lot of people out there.. lol?
  • Adolamin - Heavens Tear
    Adolamin - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Maaan this is why I chose the PvE server PvP = Flame wars, excess stress which takes the fun from the game. On the PvE server atleast you have a choice not to get **** by some hench untamed when your not looking >.> ok that was a joke but the first part was serious I would love to be on the PvP server but your all so damn volatile >.>
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok so I've been searching around the forums and it seems to me like everyone want's to be a PKer.Is that the best way to get glory out of PW or is everyone in the game just looking to tick the next person off?Does in make people "fear" you in PW when you go around killing off lower levled people and ambushing the higher people you know you can't take?

In my opinon there is no point to PKing...not only this but those who do PK get extremley annoying.Personanlly I have choosen the path of PKKer.Not of out malice or to get revenge on all the PKers who have killed me in the past....I choose PKK because I am one of those who beleive that there is at least a small amount of morality in everything...even games.I don't think it's right for the expirienced people to prey on noobs just because they enjoy easy kills.Besides,it seems like EVERYONE wants to "grow up and be a PKer"....someone has to make sure they don't get our of control.

I suggest you stay away from PVP servers.

PK = FUN!!!
  • coldash
    edited September 2008

Killing people like you, Is all I need to get out of it to feel good.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have no life so I need pking to counter my sexual needs. It helps do away with the stress :3
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    I have no life so I need pking to counter my sexual needs. It helps do away with the stress :3

lmao thats a good reason:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arrowsled
    arrowsled Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm sorry but I do not understand why you would kill others just to have a good time.It's a GAME for crying out loud and a good one at that.There are plenty of ways to have fun without ruining it for everyone else.It's selfish to make PW unpleaseant for others just so you can get a few laughs.

You ask what does PW do for me?It has a POSTIVE impact on my life.I'm a teenager who has to go to school and work.I use the game to unwind and relax and it's sometimes hard to do when you can't enjoy the game because other people want the "thrill of a kill".

I know this quote was from like a month ago, but I think instead of justing killing random players, we should be allowed to kill players, BUT challenge them to a duel. That way, the other person ( like Zakat) can decline the offer and walk away. But if the user keeps trying to fight you because of your level is lower then his/hers, then just try and report them.

PKing is for a thrill, I might add. I mean, fighting agaisnt a computer monster for the whole period of time your on PW, that's not really fun, plus, half the time people are quiting because it's boring killing the same monsters over and over and over again. And if your the type of person who likes "the thrill of a kill", there is nothing wrong with that, unless he/she is out of control and just loves to **** some teenagers off
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeah i like the idea of being able to enjoy PvP but having a limit or duel function to it.

~ima be called a carebear........... CUZ I CARE RIGHT!??!?!!?!?!?!?:D~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]