• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    loughman wrote: »
    Explanation?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Read the stickies.

Use the search button.

PvE server is exactly like PvP server but for one exception : you have an option to turn PvP on and off under certain conditions.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • freaqo
    freaqo Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvE means Player versus Environment.

Basically players killing brainless mobs. No challenge in that, since anyone can do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Whiteout
    Clan: RageQuit, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    Level: Lower than you
    Related to: Blackout (husband)
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »

Read the stickies.

Use the search button.

PvE server is exactly like PvP server but for one exception : you have an option to turn PvP on and off under certain conditions.

It's not 'exactly' like a PvP server. Please stop blatantly advertising the PvE server. You can't kill someone kill stealing you unless they have PvP on, which most of the players won't have.
  • longfirm13
    longfirm13 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Read the stickies.

Use the search button.

It's the carebear server when you can't punish people for being **** because they hide in the NON-PvP mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    alexo wrote: »
    It's the carebear server when you can't punish people for being **** because they hide in the NON-PvP mode.

It's the server where you won't have to fear to be ganked 100 times an hour by bored players and brainless PKers that go hide in safe zone when someone come back for them.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's the server where you won't have to fear to be ganked 100 times an hour by bored players and brainless PKers that go hide in safe zone when someone come back for them.

It's the server where you instead have to fear constant killstealing and harassment and can't do anything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    It's the server where you instead have to fear constant killstealing and harassment and can't do anything about it.

Only the unimaginatives ones who can only think of PKing as a solution cannot do anything about it.

• ryiah
    ryiah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Only the unimaginatives ones who can only think of PKing as a solution cannot do anything about it.
    Precisely. I remember on one MMO I played, a couple of people got tired of others kill stealing, so they got some mobs that used AOE attacks to follow them and then walked up to the players and killed them that way. :D
  • houstonwolve
    houstonwolve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    loughman wrote: »
    Explanation?
    will you be able to build a character up in pve and then use him in pvp? first time on playing any mmorpg
  • ulflin
    ulflin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Karmelia, I'm all with you!
    It's interesting to read these hard core PvP peoples narrow minded slur about PvE servers where "Basically players killing brainless mobs. No challenge in that, since anyone can do it.". Well they obviously don't understand the main reason why some people play a RPG and not a brainless blood and guts "kill all you see" game like Team Fortress 2. There are more to it than killing stuff, like doing the quests, solving puzzles and interact with other players in a civilized way. But I guess that's to much to ask from people who wants to punish others for "stealing" their prey but it's okay to kill a 20-30 lower level player just because he dared to come close to a powerful warrior. Usually these attacks are not fair and square either but comes when you are egaged in a fight with some mobs.
    I will gladly exchange some lost mobs to a noob for getting PK-ed by some high level jerks who doesn't have anything better to do than show their strength.
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll explain properly,

The PvE server is for nerds and losers who can't handle themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    stampede wrote: »
    I'll explain properly,

The PvE server is for nerds and losers who can't handle themselves.
    funny, i can sweer i heard the very same about PvP players :) what an incredible coacident isnt it?
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • stampede
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    funny, i can sweer i heard the very same about PvP players :) what an incredible coacident isnt it?

Please explain. And ffs you have an automatic spell checker, that sh*t is just terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    sadly - no i dont :(
    on topic(???): i simple said the very same i heard about PvP players that you stated about PvE players. do i need to explain your own words...?
    -severan
  • stampede
    edited August 2008
    My words are the exact opposite.

I'm asking you to explain how a PvP server player can't handle himself, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• irbis
    edited August 2008
    My words are the exact opposite.

I'm asking you to explain how a PvP server player can't handle himself, that's all.
    i understand that and accept that and you can be sure i will explain, but first please explain why a PvE player i like that okey ? :)

[this post was super-hyper edited as i screwed it up complatly :D]
    -severan
  • stampede
    edited August 2008
    Sure.

They roll PvE because they can talk trash while being unflagged. So they face no consequences nor embarrassment of getting rolled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• irbis
    edited August 2008
    Sure.

They roll PvE because they can talk trash while being unflagged. So they face no consequences nor embarrassment of getting rolled.
    hmmm. and thats all you have to say? so ALL the pve players aren like that? sorry i am some reapetetive but i want to make this one clear.

"You state that PvE server player can't handle himself," because "They roll PvE because they can talk trash while being unflagged. So they face no consequences nor embarrassment of getting rolled"
    em I correct?
    -severan
  • stampede
    edited August 2008
    hmmm. and thats all you have to say? so ALL the pve players aren like that? sorry i am some reapetetive but i want to make this one clear.

"You state that PvE server player can't handle himself," because "They roll PvE because they can talk trash while being unflagged. So they face no consequences nor embarrassment of getting rolled"
    em I correct?

I state that about the ones talking trash on the forums. Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• irbis
    edited August 2008
    finaly we are going somewhere!
    what about those who dont post on forums? lets just imagine that PW has no forum. and theres only in game.
    is you statment exactly the same still?
    -severan
  • stampede
    edited August 2008
    what about those who dont post on forums? lets just imagine that PW has no forum. and theres only in game.

If you read my previous post, hopefully you can figure out the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• damianlord
    damianlord Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how do you turn pvp on then ???
  • arann
    arann Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Sorry to say the debate isn't going anywhere, because of your pointless, idiotic posts.
    If you can't post a valid point, why continue?
    Clearly English IS NOT your first language.. not that there's anything wrong with that ;)
  • raydehn
    raydehn Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008

No wonder your post count is so high, you just keep on posting random **** that leads nowhere.
  • ehm
    ehm Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    to me,
    What im seeing now...
    (Note: Its only for NOW, the time when this msg is posted)

PVE = More ppl, so the ping is gonna be higher...
    Ranging from 10-100+

MORE LAGNESS TT...hope it doesnt affect my connection much =(
  • n0va
    n0va Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think PvE is more for people who want to enjoy the Environment, practice and learn from the game. So probably better for people who are new to MMORPGs, like me.
    PvP, instead, is for players who want more competitive Territory Wars. So for people who are experienced and plan to join a guild.

But that's just an interpretation from a novice :rolleyes:
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    n0va wrote: »
    I think PvE is more for people who want to enjoy the Environment, practice and learn from the game. So probably better for people who are new to MMORPGs, like me.
    PvP, instead, is for players who want more competitive Territory Wars. So for people who are experienced and plan to join a guild.

But that's just an interpretation from a novice :rolleyes:

PvP server will only have 1-3 guilds for "competitive" TW. That is if they stop QQing about everything they dislike and not end up quitting.

PvE server's population is 3x or more larger than the PvP server. I, and a few members have went to LC to take a peak of the population. PvP server is actually incredibly small compare tot he PvE server.

People who says the PvE server has absolutely no PKing; that's not even true. I see tons of white named players and PvP in open fields. But not as much as PvP yet though. Soon enough there will be drama; as it almost have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • argosax
    argosax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Eh, people play different ways. Whatever works for them. I like PvE just because I don't want to waste time. Let me explain, let's say I go out to do a quest and someone keeps killing my character every time I go to do it.

To me, that's not very fun. However, other people enjoy that randomness. Like I said, different play styles. We're all playing the same game, let's just enjoy it.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    everything turns into a fight T.T on these topics ~sigh~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]