Some things you should know about PK server

iroiro
iroiro Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
If your are new to Perfect World or does not know about some rules or what to do in open PK server, this might clear some things up for you and prepare you for playing in PK servers.

1. The penalty of PK is red/crimson name penalty status (Not sure how exact time works in the international version)

2. When killed in red name, the chance of dropping item/equipment increase, and when killed in crimson name the you will always drop item/equipment. (Easily fixed with dolls from cash shop anyways, so no one usually cares about this rule)

3. The NPC guard will attack you when in red name or crimson name. (There aren't that many guards, plus you can always fly over them, and NPC still work anyways. Another meaningless penalty)

4. In PK, the person that does the first shot always have an advantage. Especially if you stay and fight them without thinking. (Assuming the level gap isn't so big that you got one shot by them)

5. There is nothing fair or honorable about ambush PK, so there is really no reason to not run away or even counter ambush when you can. Do not let the PKer enrage you into thinking there are honor or fairness in an ambush, nor should yourself believe it is justified to counter ambush. PK is just PK, nothing more or less.

6. More often than not, the PKer are ranged class of either archer or mage or cleric. Also, most PK starts out from in the air, so pay attention to the sky when you can. Even for close range classes, most of them choose weapons with ranged skill to attack. To the Pker, range is important, due to the security and the advantage it gives in most cases.

7. Most PKer will be equipped with Hierograms or known as Charms in the international version and also other cash shop items to tip their advantage, to plan on fighting back without cash shop items yourself in an ambush is rather suicidal.

8. Random PKer usually only will fight when they are in an advantage, only a very small number of PKer will not run should the table is turned on them somehow. (Not sure why but some PKer make a successfully get away in these situations sound like their victory) /confused..

9. PKing with the intention of interfere with others will happen in Perfect World. This usually pertains to personal grudge, guild conflict, or just simply to stay in power. This type of PK will generally make leveling up very slow and tedious for others. There is no avoiding of this type of behavior since the goal for the PKer is to not allow someone to become competitive enough to threaten them. These PKer usually look for targets in known xp spots. However this usually only applies to guilds that wish to suppress others and not as much on a personal grudge level.

10. Don't beg, most PKer have no good reason to PK someone (since its a game), so there is no reason for them to stop PKing you just because you ask them to. In fact they might use that as a reason to PK you all the more. (Not that they'd stop for any reason anyways)

11. Some PKer consider themselves more skilled players, however that is about as true as picking any random 2 person and say one of them is more skilled. Whenever a PKer does some strange actions that doesn't make sense just keep in mind that their goal of PKing you doesn't change at all. (Even if they raise you after PKing you, getting up when they are still close by only result in another PK)

12. Do not expect PKKer to help out unless its your guild or good friend. There are more PKer than PKKer, and PKer are devoted to PK while most PKKer can only kill PKer in their spare time. Plus there are alot more hobbistPKer than hobbist PKKer, and tracking down a PKer isn't that easy at times.
P.S. I like PKK since it is like the diet version of PK, 70% less saturated fat... i mean guilt.

13. Do not go AFK in an unsafe zone. If you need to go AFK, it is better if you log out for a bit. (Unless you enjoy the thrill of risking an AFK death, then by all means go for it :)

These are just my own personal experiences and opinions from PKing and PKKing, this post is intend to inform and not to instruct anyways.

Happy PK/PKKing:)
Post edited by iroiro on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    iroiro wrote: »
    1. The penalty of PK is red name for 1 hour per PK, to a maximum of 10 times then you become crimson named and the penalty time stops at 10 hours. (This is older rules from a different version of the game, I am not sure if they change this)

It was 2 hours per kill in the MY servers, with unlimited add-on, so you could end up with 200 hours of red name.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • iroiro
    iroiro Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thx i'll edit it since not sure how international version works i'll edit as not known :D
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    iroiro wrote: »
    thx i'll edit it since not sure how international version works i'll edit as not known :D

With the extended closed beta, it will be known soon enough.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Only once have I gone AFK and came back to find I've been PKd. But it might happen more in PVP server.
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    http://asiapworld.com/pwforum/userpix/9_Untitled7_copy_3.jpg

Tadah, the statement on the
    2. When killed in red name, the chance of dropping item/equipment increase, and when killed in crimson name the you will always drop item/equipment.
    is not exactly true. Well, I guess you're saying Crimson red as in dark red, but the chart kinda clears it up a little bit more. Basically having 20+ hours means you're dark red and will always drop at least one thing.
  • shadoran
    shadoran Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    what if, ur the victim here, will u still lose items if the pker kills you?
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This thread is **** PVE server propaganda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ''6. More often than not, the PKer are ranged class of either archer or mage or cleric. Also, most PK starts out from in the air, so pay attention to the sky when you can. Even for close range classes, most of them choose weapons with ranged skill to attack. To the Pker, range is important, due to the security and the advantage it gives in most cases.''

50% damage reduction when attacking from air to ground GL on that
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think you should change point 13 to:
    If you want to AFK, teleport to Fishing village and AFK there.......
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Fishing village is called Angler's Village here. Anyways that Village, Sundown town, Town of Arrivals are great places to afk and lost 5% ^^.
    If you have to afk, please fly up or stand next to a guard NPC, reduce risk a little bit ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It may just be because I'm a nooblet but going to the character select screen to go afk does sound more logical. I mean you leave and come back to the same excact spot with nothing lost except maybe a couple of buffs.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    Fishing village is called Angler's Village here. Anyways that Village, Sundown town, Town of Arrivals are great places to afk and lost 5% ^^.
    If you have to afk, please fly up or stand next to a guard NPC, reduce risk a little bit ^^.

What are you talking about.
    It's the safest place to afk in all the game ;D
    Especially if you're a pker there are guards that kill people attacking pkers there o:
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, it is only safest when I take my pets like "Ultima Weapon" or "Bahamut" to guard for you guys. And I don't have time to patrol anymore...
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    Hmm, it is only safest when I take my pets like "Ultima Weapon" or "Bahamut" to guard for you guys. And I don't have time to patrol anymore...

:eek:Ultima Weapon....Bahamut "gulp" sure hope these just names for pet and not actuel Bahamut :D

P.S. sure it would get crazy if final fantasy creaturs show up as pets :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    Lol, tricktia. They are not FF creatures, they are really exist in PW. Afk in Anglers' Village sometime too see them appear. Remember to put a Guardian Angel in your inventory when afk.
    If you really don't know, people, especially WB or Barbarian LOVE to lure Bosses like General Zhang to Anglers' Village or the effing Dragon to Town of Arrivals :D . Be careful ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    This thread is **** PVE server propaganda.

Why? I don't see anything really false about it. All of it are true except some unconfirmed game mechanic, plus it prepares whoever that wish to play PvP server to know what to expect.

People that want to play in PvP server won't change their minds because of this thread, nor the ones that didn't want to play PvP in the first place.

I agree the clan PK to keep people from level part is scary, but it indeed did happen in other versions of PW. It is part of the PvP experience. Doesn't mean people will do it in this version, I hope.
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wargasm wrote: »
    ''6. More often than not, the PKer are ranged class of either archer or mage or cleric. Also, most PK starts out from in the air, so pay attention to the sky when you can. Even for close range classes, most of them choose weapons with ranged skill to attack. To the Pker, range is important, due to the security and the advantage it gives in most cases.''

50% damage reduction when attacking from air to ground GL on that

I think original thread mean it "START" in the air. Doesn't mean "STAY" in the air. Of course anyone that read it carefully can see that.
  • Serpintina - Lost City
    Serpintina - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shadoran wrote: »
    what if, ur the victim here, will u still lose items if the pker kills you?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what they asked???? Does the victim loose anything can u like be looted??b:surrender