pure fox form build?

Options
sefomi1
sefomi1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
Yesterday while I was out hunting, a thought came up. Would it be possible to make a pure fox form build? It's got good dps and some of it's skills are good against casters like purge or fox wallop (reduce enemy cast speed). I'd just have to change up the attributes for mainly str. And plus you'd be able to wear heavy armor. I know your saying "well why not just be a barb?" right? The main reason I want to try this is to just do something different really and try to experiment.

What do you guys think? Think this might work?
Post edited by sefomi1 on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Works mostly as a support / robe killer class. You don't have any physical % spikes, so endgame you won't do as well as say, warriors. Plus you get gimped with lower damage since you have to use a magic weapon in order to fox form / use your other skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sefomi1
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oh, really? Hmm. Didn't know that you had to have a magic weapon to go fox. Guess you changed my mind :p
  • puppet
    puppet Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Actually, you could always try the light armor build. My melee fox kills faster then most because you have an extra attacker (Your bestfriend pet!) and you'll be attacking with lots of speed. Your pet will attack about the same speed as a barbarian and you should be able to do 2-3 attacks in the middle of those. Theres been history of this build in other perfect world versions and I perfer it over any other venomancer builds.
    You basically put dex and str in for your next armor then the rest goes into int for your weapon.
    You should remember to keep a tanker pet for this build, like the golem.
    (I find this build kills faster than warriors)

ONLY USE POINTS ON FOX SKILLS!

Downside: like every other build this has its downsides, LOW CON!! we melee foxes never use con because well our pet can take the damage while we boost our attacks with those extra stat points. YOU MUST be careful to stay out of danger because you'll be sticking with 5 con for awhile.

Theres a tanker fox build (PK BUILD) too But i don't suggest this unless restating at a higher level. If you want to know more about these build try searching them up.

EDIT: AHHH! looks like somebody mentioned it already ^^; my bad
  • sefomi1
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oh ok, so how would you have your stats? 3 dex, 1 str, 1int?
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Never play pure melee fox, the damage is terrible, you wont kill anyone in pk.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Light armor melee is a bad idea. If you're going to get up close and personal, you should use heavy armor. Even in light armor fox form, which adds 120% p.def from equipment, my p.def just barely touches 6k, and a heavy armor user with no buffs at my level can already get more than 7k.

Plus our melee attacks suck. You're going to have to cap out int for a weapon and maximize str to deal decent damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]