New skill books

wabbitt
wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems you cant buy any skill books for your pet. Thought I would tame one of the level 1 beetles and give it bash, but cant find anyone selling the skill books. In the past Ive gone to the granny in the SE of ADC (Archosaur) but she doesnt sell them.

Oh well, back to the scorpion I guess.
Post edited by wabbitt on

Comments

• bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like you found a bug. That's what CB is for. Submit a report. Make sure to scroll her menu first and check everything before you do, though.

Both she and her merman husband should sell pet books and teach pet skills.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • evilgeek
    evilgeek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I got a quest to get the pet tame skill at around lvl 8, I didnt see any other option for getting skill books. I am a total newb, never played any other version, if there wasn't a quest in the other version you played could this be a unique way to get the skill in this version?
  • bron
    edited August 2008
    The OP is talking about Pet Skills, which are normally supposed to be bought from "Granny" or her merman husband, and how she doesn't sell them here like she should.

What you are talking about are the starting character skills you get that relate to pets.

Different things.
  • kunamie
    kunamie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    is this about the tame beast skill? cus i have got that skill yet and im lvl 13 right now and theres no quest i can take to learn that skill...so yeah help?
  • bron
    edited August 2008
    OMG, I just said this is about PET SKILL BOOKS to give the pers new skills. Do people read? Apparently not.

Pet Related skills can be learned from the Pet NPC menu options after getting the books. Jeez, stop spamming up the thread.
  • wabbitt
    edited August 2008
    [QUOTE=kunamie;329061theres no quest i can take to learn that skill...so yeah help?[/QUOTE]

As stated, the thread is about skills that are taught to pets.
    But to answer your dilemma, you learn tame pet from either the venomancer traner or the pet skill trainer (tame pet menu option), I dont remember which.
    I think you need to have completed the quest where you pick 3 flowers and encounter the damage immune white gazelle thingy, (around level 5 iirc)
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Pet skill books can be bought in Archosaur city, from old granny NPC, surrounded by pets (South-East corner of city), each costing 300-600k. She does sell them as usuall, just search through dialogue options.
  • wabbitt
    edited August 2008
    Edit: You are correct!
    They are in "Pet Items"
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bron wrote: »
    Sounds like you found a bug. .

No he said lvl 1 beetle >_>
    :p

edit:// nvm dude above me answered it.
    i really gotta start reading the full post before i reply.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]