How to change WSAD controls?

mrdeeply
mrdeeply Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I tried asking this question in game but nobody answered. Is their anyway you can change the movement controls and so on?

You will be rly helpfull :)
Post edited by mrdeeply on

Comments

• anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What do you want to change it to? Please be more specific, as I know the AD are for walk left and right, you can't change it into turn, if I remember correctly. Use you mouse to do it, you will get used to it later.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdeeply
    edited August 2008
    Cause the W is UP and the S is DOWN. It doesn't make sense. It would be better if you can change the order. And I rather want to change it in arrow keys :)
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    ...WS is for back and forward. How can you go up and down? WASD here works just a FPS game, what is wrong with it? If you play Elf class, you can fly up by pressing space, and use the mouse to dive down.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • humbieke01
    humbieke01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Guessing what mrdeeply is trying to say is that the game is inpossible for movement when using an azerty-type keyboard.
    Since countries like France and Belgium use these azerty-keyboards, I and mrdeeply are just examples of users who are experiencing problems with the movement in this game...
    Especially since they call it international, they should support every kind of keyboard :D
    The game developers should do good if they allow the user to reconfigure game controls to their liking.
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    Oh, I am noob to this case then ^^. GMs should be seriously consider this ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdeeply
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I'm from belgium and indeed have a azerty keyboard :) and it's difficult to navigate then but oh well I will try to :p But like Humbieke says it would be nice if you can change the movement controls and so on in game.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    humbieke01 wrote: »
    Guessing what mrdeeply is trying to say is that the game is inpossible for movement when using an azerty-type keyboard.
    Since countries like France and Belgium use these azerty-keyboards, I and mrdeeply are just examples of users who are experiencing problems with the movement in this game...
    Especially since they call it international, they should support every kind of keyboard :D
    The game developers should do good if they allow the user to reconfigure game controls to their liking.

Yes. I agree! I see some ini and cfg files in the Perfect World International directory. I wonder if any of them have to do with key assignments? I can't make heads or tails of them. :p

Otherwise, you can set the keyboard to like US/UK in keyboards of regions and languages and just realize the keys are completely remapped the wrong way afterward. :(
  • humbieke01
    humbieke01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mrdeeply wrote: »
    Yeah I'm from belgium and indeed have a azerty keyboard :) and it's difficult to navigate then but oh well I will try to :p But like Humbieke says it would be nice if you can change the movement controls and so on in game.

I'm from Belgium too, but since France was the biggest country using azerty, I put it in my reply
    june wrote: »
    Yes. I agree! I see some ini and cfg files in the Perfect World International directory. I wonder if any of them have to do with key assignments? I can't make heads or tails of them. :p

Otherwise, you can set the keyboard to like US/UK in keyboards of regions and languages and just realize the keys are completely remapped the wrong way afterward. :(

I've opened almost every ini/cfg-file there is in the entire installation folder and the key configuration was nowhere to be found.

I sure hope they will fix this soon...
  • robai#6206
    robai#6206 Posts: 1 Arc User
    [quote="mrdeeply;c-4523053"]Cause the W is UP and the S is DOWN. It doesn't make sense. It would be better if you can change the order. And I rather want to change it in arrow keys :)[/quote]

Indeed, the game still has protected UP and DOWN arrow keys.
    I hate WSAD controls, I always prefer the arrow keys instead.

It's very simple: I just can't play this game at all since I can't more forward with the UP key.
    it's 21st century and such a poor programming ...
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Do we have a necro record here?
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    giphy.gif

I'm Necroing to tell you that you have won the Necro Trophy @robai

Congratz!!!

Mr. Justice
This discussion has been closed.