to many archers???

Options
emir
emir Posts: 176 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
on this part of the forums almost every topic includes talk bout how archers are good at pking

so does anyone else think there will be to many at the beginning

cause i always wanted to be an archer before i even came to know they were good

but know with so many talking about them what should i switch to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by emir on

Comments

• xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i actually had the exact same thought. i'm thinking the venomancer and archer classes are going to be pretty popular.

i'm switching over to cleric, only because i had a moderately leveled one previously so i'm sort of familiar with its style. its pretty similar to an archer with the exception of less damage, but healing/support abilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xii wrote: »
    i actually had the exact same thought. i'm thinking the venomancer and archer classes are going to be pretty popular.

i'm switching over to cleric, only because i had a moderately leveled one previously so i'm sort of familiar with its style. its pretty similar to an archer with the exception of less damage, but healing/support abilities.

thanks for the tip

i mite go ahead and just pick out a number and count it and whatever number is chosen that will probly end up my class

since i have no idea what to choose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only classes I see in the 7x areas are WF and EA, it's kind of sad, really..
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think the wings bit is what makes people play Elf classes. Not good.

Imo, the funnest classes to play are the human classes. Wizards are challenging to play, and deal the highest damage. ROFLing because you just 1-shot killed somebody is a good feeling. Blademasters are sweet in that they play kamikaze stunners in war - followed by a Wizard doomspell, or Barbarian perdition. I enjoyed the Blademaster quite thoroughly my first time through, and now I'll enjoy a Wizard.

Current rough guild stats:

Blademasters: 8
    Wizards: 8
    Clerics: 13
    Archers: 10
    Barbarians: 8
    Venomancers: 6

Elves are overplayed. They're cool, and good to have, and all, but that doesn't change the fact. Go and play an Archer if that's what you want... they're popular with (usually) good reason, but if you're looking for uncommon, fun to play classes, go Human.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    RQ's got more archers than most other guilds have members. I dropped consideration for that class due to overplaying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm Going EP... i didnt like WR cuz it was too much repetition. They say EP is repetitive, but its actually quite fun after you get the first three attack spells. Just switch them up however you like. Though I do have a question about the class. Its kinda inappropriate for this thread, but it relates..

The Plume Quil (i think its called) skill, the physical attack skill of EP, does it rely on str or int?

Just wanna make sure.. cuz it is the biggest reason I'm picking EP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    I'm Going EP... i didnt like WR cuz it was too much repetition. They say EP is repetitive, but its actually quite fun after you get the first three attack spells. Just switch them up however you like. Though I do have a question about the class. Its kinda inappropriate for this thread, but it relates..

The Plume Quil (i think its called) skill, the physical attack skill of EP, does it rely on str or int?

Just wanna make sure.. cuz it is the biggest reason I'm picking EP

It relies on Intelligence. and my god I dueled a pure Int EP on MY - EN servers with my Int/Con Hybrid Mage... her Plume Quill hit me for like 3k dmg non crit = =
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Clerics, Wizards, and the like.... every class specializes in killing other classes. Wizards are great for killing Barbarians and Blademasters, while Clerics are excellent at killing Wizards, Foxes, and other Clerics.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if u are gonna go heaven with ur ep plume quill adds 800 damage i believe , with a 30% Pdef debuff , this skill is very nice versus ne robe wearing class.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm going Hell though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Good we need more archers, because they're the easiest to kill.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ick
    ick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    Good we need more archers, because they're the easiest to kill.

heheeh well try my WF and my pet i kill u muahahaha WFgodess
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    EA are easy to kill of course, since they have average defense and low-mid hp. Its just that EA are great attackers, so if an EA PKs you without notice, you're probably screwed as well.

well anyways back to topic, i can offer a rough population percentage count from my old guild in PW-EN. Also, just to note, this guild was non-PK and moderate sized (only level 2 guild).

EA - 20%
    EP - 10%
    MG - 5%
    WR - 30%
    WF - 25%
    WB - 10%

i believe the high WR count was from the early players, when the WR class looked appealing at first, then lost its look later once WF were found to be dominating in PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah. Kinda a shame Blademasters aren't nearly as popular this time around - they're a great class, and good for war...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Yeah. Kinda a shame Blademasters aren't nearly as popular this time around - they're a great class, and good for war...

I was also surprised how few WR RQ ended up getting. There were so many back when I played, it seemed like 50% of the server was an axe wr.

They're one of our rarest classes.

Luckily, a lot of our WR players had 85+ WRs in MY-EN so they know their ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hopefully more will come around after a while, when people realize how sweet the Blademaster is. Leech class ftw :cool:.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kisahmi
    kisahmi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well it would be foolish to think that every player who chooses archer will be wanting to pk and all that junk. some people just like to shoot projectiles. others just like winged creactures hehe.

there will always be that one class that you have too many of, and the other where you have too little of. it is to be expected.
  • spark
    spark Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    BTW if you guys wanna see what people are gonna be then just look at the home page lol. There's a poll that asks what class you'll be.;)
  • psych0tic
    psych0tic Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wat does EA stand for? lol i know ima noob but I just wanna know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to become a CBT. ;)
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    "Elf Archer" in the Malaysian version.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm.. Well, I'm sorry, but I will add to that, I guess..
    I had a venomancer and a blademaster in MY EN.
    For the beta, I will have a mage, and when the complete version comes available, I will make an archer for my main and then a venomancer.. Sorry about that.. :D

Maybe if the people on this site didn't always tell the newcomers that certain classes suck, we wouldn't have this problem as much.
    kisahmi wrote: »
    well it would be foolish to think that every player who chooses archer will be wanting to pk and all that junk. some people just like to shoot projectiles. others just like winged creactures hehe.

there will always be that one class that you have too many of, and the other where you have too little of. it is to be expected.

Exactly. I want to become an archer because I'm interested in them. Because they wear light armor (my favorite armor), because they can fly early, I like how they fight (my brother had one), the fact that I'm not supposed to be hit (in my experience, hit and run beats tanking in terms of fun gameplay) and I LOVE that they can do physical and magical damage. They just look like really fun characters. Though, I might be interested in PVP later on though... If I do get into PVP, I'll consider making a Barbarian. I hard they rock at living and doing mass PVP.
  • checha
    checha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My experience as a MG lvl 78(wizard) My En version, has being overwhelmed with satisfaction. they do get a AOE spell that inflicts Physical DMG as welll at lvl 59, some tips I'd like to add to lvl up in this character is that you dont need a MP heiro to aoe, you can aoe with pots lvl 50, it might be a lil bit time consuming, however it does save cash when aoeing, and i lvled within 5 weeks from 1 to 78 playing about 5 hours at day, so thats good.
    in the other hand they are reallly weak against 1 vs 1 Cleric, and Archer, because Archers have great agility witch makes our long casting spells "interrupted" we have to cast again and thus this is the fustration towards PVP, nevertheless if you PVP with parties then you should do fine and inflict most DMG of all. Overall MGs can kill Eps and Archers if in groups with luck 1 vs 1 again as stated before depending in the gear. and lets not forget the AOE Sphysical spell its the fire one i forgot the name sorry but its goten at lvl 59, so if you max that and go PVP, it works. well thats just my opinion. Wish to see you all soon~
  • bloodz
    bloodz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    emir wrote: »
    on this part of the forums almost every topic includes talk bout how archers are good at pking

so does anyone else think there will be to many at the beginning

cause i always wanted to be an archer before i even came to know they were good

but know with so many talking about them what should i switch to?

Actually... Go for what u think suits for you... a Archer aint good in close combat y'know... but sure they can be dangerous to face at PVP ... but its almost like a mage but a few diffs... cuz i dun think either a Archer or a Sorc can handle a Blademaster (for example) in close combat... but they would be mor effective against a Venomancer... And mages would be good as AoE-plvlers..
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Everyone love PK, then they choose to play archer. But did you ever see an archer pk an archer? If that happens, level, skill and equipment talks. Beware ^^.
    Same case for other classes except melee classes. No one willing to play them,lol.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bleach
    bleach Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol everyone think EA is so good.

Obviously none of you ever play it.

I tell you that if EA pk a Mage/Cleric without knowing it. EA (Elf Archer) win.

But if its a Mage, it only need 2 spell to kill EA :P. depending on spell level.
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    2 spell to kill an EA? Is that EA naked, lol? EA is cool, MG is cool... play first and you will get the truth yourself.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kebber
    kebber Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    EA - Elf Archer is the only char that can kill WB the WereBeasts the easiest at higher levels. WB + Heirograms (< not sure if they're still called that in this version) are crazy hard to kill, usually need to gangbang it. Well... only Archers with high crit...
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kebber wrote: »
    EA - Elf Archer is the only char that can kill WB the WereBeasts the easiest at higher levels. WB + Heirograms (< not sure if they're still called that in this version) are crazy hard to kill, usually need to gangbang it. Well... only Archers with high crit...

bs. Wizard can 1 hit KO a barbarian. Everyone has a hard time killing barbarians, archers included.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    matthew wrote: »
    bs. Wizard can 1 hit KO a barbarian. Everyone has a hard time killing barbarians, archers included.

archers can't even kill blademasters.
  • iroiro
    iroiro Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I rather use a class that have possibilities to be variety of things, than a job class that basically have the build forced on you. Yes, you will be good at PK when you ambush someone on archer, but to me that is like 50% less fun than fighting someone on equal terms. Victory is only sweet to me if I win from outsmart and out do my opponents, and not from simply start a fight with advantage to myself.

I don't really care to PK people anyways, why bother hurting others when they are just enjoying themselves on a game, I only PKK due to my guilt is about 0-30% when I kill a PKer than some random person. Finding a PKer sure isn't an easy task at times though

BTW, I'll be playing a Blademaster and it will be claw build, despite what others say about fist/claw, it is the only build that appeals to me (maybe sword is oke too but asically, I dislike playing popular builds or job classes)