I currently hate trees!

Options
noahman
noahman Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
Hello, when I played PW in the Malaysian version, I would love to try to get as high as I could in some pretty high trees, but I would always get thrown off when the leaves would follow my every direction. I'd like them to remain stationary, so I could have more fun with what I sometimes liked to do. :(

If you guys could fix that, it'd be great. (Besides, I've never seen any other game do that, and for Perfect World of all games to, I think it's quite ridiculous.
Post edited by noahman on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It does it to save resources. the leaves you see are actually 2D and not 3D, that's why they move this way.
    That's also one reason while PW doesn't need a powerful PC to run.

Don't think it will change...
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • champion
    champion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Finally! Someone who agrees with me! The whole tree issue sucks a lot. Just make them 3D. The other graphics are nice, don't skimp on the trees, of everything...
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    WTF Trees are 2D???? I could of swore everything in PW is 3D, I like your tree jumping story, tree hugger?:p

sealed~
  • champion
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    WTF Trees are 2D???? I could of swore everything in PW is 3D, I like your tree jumping story, tree hugger?:p

sealed~
    Cool it dude. I read your little tussel back and fourth with the whole **** marriage thing. I think if **** can marry, then this guy can jump trees all day if he wants to. PS: I enjoy spying on people in those trees too. Isn't PW supposed to have as much variation as possible? It seems to be with the character creator being so in-depth. And by the way, the leaves ARE 2D... so no, not everything in Perfect World is 3D...
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this thread is massive fail on so many levels

Leafs are 2d because nobody would be able to run this game if they where 3d

Worst suggestion ever.
  • champion
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol, speak for yourself.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    show me a game with 3d leafs
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tantra online had 3d leaves afair, but they looked like poo. So i rather have semi-good-looking 2D leaves....
    I think leaves in GW are 2D too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I know this is a bit aside from what the OP meant, however I personally would enjoy seeing an option added allowing the display of folliage to be temporarily cropped down to ground level (just for the view of the player obviously) for times when we are in heavily forested areas and trying to select something which gets continuously obscurred. Even if it were just a 5 second time delayed thing to allow us to see what we are looking for would be a reasonable touch. Sorry for the aside, continue with the tree hugging *grins*

Oh, and sidenote. Guild Wars has 3d leaves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    starelf wrote: »
    Oh, and sidenote. Guild Wars has 3d leaves.
    Might be, i wasn't playing it long enough to know it 100% (i didn't even made it out of tutorial, i hate GW's class system)

Where did you get the images in your sig from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Two are the female wallpapers for Aion (all 3 would be for Aion if they had released more than just the 2 so far) and the third is Lulu from FF X. Mostly I just love her expression so am using it til another female Aion wallpaper arrives =) Thanks for asking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]