Options
2»

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hong wrote: »
    MY is IP blocked, plus if you "love" the guild member; than why let him go to PW I when your positive that you can't play.

Imagine if your case, your from MY. You grind and grind in MY-EN and finally PW I pops up. Your most reliable guild mates are so hyped up, and so are you. But they randomly appear to IP ban all MY user and unfortunately your reliable guildmates are from NA. Would you let them go and probably most likely wont see them for a long time - or perhaps never again?

If they don't make an effort to keep in touch with you, they're worthless as guildmates anyway. Not all of RQ is playing PW, a lot of us are waiting for Aion and staying on different games (L2, WoW, a couple of us are even playing AoC) but we all keep in touch. That's how you know that the average guild is a worthless waste of time, you should never lose touch with a guildmate unless they quit. No matter what they're playing.

Don't talk about guilds that care about their players until you understand one. In a true guild, members never "fade away" no matter what game they're playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    If they don't make an effort to keep in touch with you, they're worthless as guildmates anyway. Not all of RQ is playing PW, a lot of us are waiting for Aion and staying on different games (L2, WoW, a couple of us are even playing AoC) but we all keep in touch. That's how you know that the average guild is a worthless waste of time, you should never lose touch with a guildmate unless they quit. No matter what they're playing.

Don't talk about guilds that care about their players until you understand one. In a true guild, members never "fade away" no matter what game they're playing.

LollageOfWagon ;D
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »

That is so true, but having those kind of members are incredibly hard. I guess you recruited lots of good ones :) Keeping in touch isn't hard unless they quit yeah. Well, I still don't think it's reasonable that members would randomly ditch you for another MMORPG. I mean, that is exactly what I'm talking about right? I stated "or perhaps never again" because not all of them will come back to you. If you started in AoC and they're in a well-developed guild, would they quit and go back to RQ? True, some might but some wont. Unless all your recruits are that incredibly loyal to you.

I had members quitting and coming back, so I know what you mean. And I also had members backstabbing me, and also never came back =) Of course, those were never real guild members to me.
    RoC.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've never had loyal guildies to that point... o.o like the ones you guys are talking aboutt :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity