What if the PvP folk rolled on the PvE server

Options
t0yo
t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Personally? I think a majority of the PvP guys would entice the PvErs to go in a raged state to try and pk them but ultimately failing causing the whole server to go in disaray just because people take this game too seriously

To be honest I though about rolling on the PvE server because it would be more fun. Of course here come in the flames of me being a n00b because I want to pick on the newbies or something, but the only reason I like pking is because I get to pk ignorant people and till now the PvE server has way more then the PvP one

At this rate the friggin PvP is going to be a carebear server because we all seem to agree on everything.

Thoughts?
Post edited by t0yo on

Comments

• arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    Personally? I think a majority of the PvP guys would entice the PvErs to go in a raged state to try and pk them but ultimately failing causing the whole server to go in disaray just because people take this game too seriously

To be honest I though about rolling on the PvE server because it would be more fun. Of course here come in the flames of me being a n00b because I want to pick on the newbies or something, but the only reason I like pking is because I get to pk ignorant people and till now the PvE server has way more then the PvP one

At this rate the friggin PvP is going to be a carebear server because we all seem to agree on everything.

Thoughts?

Leave it to t0yo to post this.
    You can't entice them to pvp if they have pvp toggled to off. You can just rage at them until they leave. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and you can't teach carebears to be pro :D

Unless you are t0yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I wouldn't roll on the pve server period, I'd rather wait on NCsoft games.
    The carebears would stay carebears, if they got "rage" they would just quit. That or the pvp guys gets banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    Leave it to t0yo to post this.
    You can't entice them to pvp if they have pvp toggled to off. You can just rage at them until they leave. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and you can't teach carebears to be pro :D

Unless you are t0yo.

I mean entice them to put the Pk switch on ;D. With a few people, especially carebears *I'd know* E-**** is everythingggggggggggggggg.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    I wouldn't roll on the pve server period, I'd rather wait on NCsoft games.
    The carebears would stay carebears, if they got "rage" they would just quit. That or the pvp guys gets banned.

arent all NCsoft games P2P??

sealed~
  • arcane
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

sealed~

Doesnt that mean they dont get ruined by cash shop!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Id just stand there and laugh at you. Unless you tried to KS me etc. Then, Id just report you for being a butthead.

Good times!
  • arcane
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    Id just stand there and laugh at you. Unless you tried to KS me etc. Then, Id just report you for being a butthead.

Good times!

Then you would be laughed at!

GM:
    "LOOK AT THIS GUY"
    "LOL REPORTING FOR KSING"
    "HAHA WHAT A POOR POOR SOUL"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options

Good times!

If they ban for that I will rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Good times!

I'd wait for the GM to show up and aggro you for being flippant with the Report Bot function.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

sealed~

Guild Wars is by NCSoft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    Guild Wars is by NCSoft.

And so is Exteel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That or the pvp guys gets banned.

As long as you would stay within the limits of the game, I don't see why they would ban anyone.
    Id just stand there and laugh at you. Unless you tried to KS me etc. Then, Id just report you for being a butthead!

I doubt KSing will be considered an offense.

As for a PVP players rolling on the optional-PvP server... He would ultimately die of boredom....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    People Rolling on the PvP server far from agree on everything.... been in that tread about which class is best for PK/PvP lately? :P Lycanthra embl3m Kairon and myself will be rolling on the PvP servr :cool:
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wow.... should we be honored? o.o
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    blaze wrote: »

way to not read a thread and post making yourself look like a bafoon nbd
  • reality
    reality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wow.... Should We Be Honored? O.o

Lol Get Out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Wow.... you cant possibly be that stupid?
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Wow.... you cant possibly be that stupid?

I am >(@o@)<
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I see no problem with PVPers or pkers coming to PVE server it would be fun. I think they sholud have rival guilds still and I am sure some people will go white name. I will. But for pkers to go to that server and bribing , I dont think you gonna bribe someone 20+ levels lower then them to turn off safe mode lol. And plus pkers may actually learn how to pvp in a more fair system then "you log in hit 30 you force pk" (MY version) hehe I will luagh when pker gets killed by "carebear" as they call them lol. Can I say Irony?...:)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PvE / non PvP = sucks period
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    PvE / non PvP = sucks period

It's not a PvE / non-PvP server. It's an optional PvP server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    It's not a PvE / non-PvP server. It's an optional PvP server.

No, it's a wussy server for people who can't handle real pvp.
    L2 never gave you an option to wuss out (well... bsoes I guess, dolls will suffice as equivalent here) and it was fine. People just whine too much instead of trying to actually do well at the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No, it's a wussy server for people who can't handle real pvp.

It's a server for people who don't like to be ganked all the time by people like you.

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thread is pointless.

what's left of thread that's of any use to discuss is this -

pvpers roll on pk-on server and everybody else rolls on pk-toggle server.

my pick is the odd griefer type pker will roll on toggle server and try to ks players just to grief.

normal pvpers will stay on pk server where they can fight at will.

the rest of thread is typical threat/****/smacktalk, but no fear - it's all clarified and summed up as above, so you can all stop now.
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    It's a server for people who don't like to be ganked all the time by people like you.

What's the fun in not being able to kill/killed.

I think it adds flavor.

PW without PK is like, grindfest2008, grind grind grind grind weee TW, grind grind grind.

Just think of how boring the game would be if everyone justs grinds all day, then hangs out at west gate for some dueling XD.

So fun that is. Spice it up a bit, throw a little PK into the mix.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^the guy above seems to have lost his way, somebody kindly direct him to all the other 5 million pvp vs pve threads.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    pvpers roll on pk-on server and everybody else rolls on pk-toggle server.

my pick is the odd griefer type pker will roll on toggle server and try to ks players just to grief.

normal pvpers will stay on pk server where they can fight at will.

Good summary, Troll.

+1 for you.

• t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is not a pve vs pvp server you douchebags.

Thanks for the gross over simplification and generalization troll. You sure are a mutley for a troll, which makes you a redundant troll =/

Then again people like you are the ones who constantly call out to make threads pointless with **** you don't agree is discussable and then when your pve stupid discussions about classes come up you whine and moan at each other like alley cats in heat.

Point is that personally at this point I'd only have fun pvping the people in the pve server because they're so obnoxious and stuck up their own ****. Whilst theres only like two people like that /AT THE MOMENT/ on the pvp server /that are not in my guild/
  • flax
    flax Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes yet another thread about the PVP/ Opt. PVP server thing. Don't some of you just want to let it go? I mean I think I've read every post on the subject, it's getting old.

Plain and simple....
    If you like the excitement of PVP/PKing make your toon on the PVP server. If it's just not your thing and you'd rather not have PVP/PKing a major part of your PW experience join the optional server.

I hear what your saying about the kill stealing, well that's great that you're letting the Opt server know this is going to happen and the only way to stop it maybe to PK him/her.

If a bunch of PKers would like to level up on the opt server and start to KS and get the carebear to "RAGE" and toggle themselves white and PK or get PKed so be it. On the other hand I would think if they get upset (remember folks it's just a game) and quit the game that will start to get noticed. And if enough gamers that buy from the cash store quit, well your now **** with PWE's profits. And I don't think PWE is doing all this work to lose a bunch of money. So do you think they're going to sit back and watch their hard work go down the drain so that a group of people can get their rocks off.

Without beating the DEAD horse to much more why are PVPers so upset about two servers. They have theirs and the carebears have theirs. Why are some so hell bent on spoiling the fun of others?

I myself will have toons on both servers, no problem for me. I'm a nasty PKer (you can flame away about this) I don't care how much below me you are, I'll kill you at least once. But I won't have a KOS list. That draws the line for me, once is to relieve rage KOS is to ruin someone gaming experience.
    Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    flax wrote: »
    Without beating the DEAD horse to much more why are PVPers so upset about two servers. They have theirs and the carebears have theirs. Why are some so hell bent on spoiling the fun of others?
    Some people just enjoy provoking other people. That's the only reason i see why this type of threads still appear one after another.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]