Effectiveness in dungeons

rena
rena Posts: 184 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
I read here and there that the role of a venomancer is very limited when it comes to dungeons. Basically pulling mobs which isnt always needed in every dungeon. I was wondering if someone could elaborate on that. How is the average dps compared to the other members ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Post edited by rena on

Comments

• hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Venomancer are also damage dealers. Their dps is also great, but obviously MGs will deal more damage. Every dungeon run will need a puller, and WFs are the only ones who can, that why they're know for that. They're still useful as DDs (they have pets to deal extra damage also).
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    In FB dungeons your role is pretty much just to lure, yeah. However, in Holy Hall, all bosses have a damage reduction. I THINK this is 75%, though I'm not completely sure. In any case, while every class is affected by this, werefox pets are not. Therefore, werefox pets are considered good damage dealers in HH. Just turn your pet skills off or else you'll pull aggro even from a wb spamming ripping bite and your pet will get 1-3 shot.

Werefoxes are also needed to transfer vigor to the tank to allow them to continue spamming ripping bite, keeping Amplify Maim on the boss (2 werefoxes can keep a boss on permanent amplify maim if they get the timing right), and possibly keeping ironrock parasite on the boss if the tank can't expend vigor to armor break himself. Basically, every dungeon party needs 1 werefox at a minimum, just like how every dungeon party needs at least 1 werebeast and 1 priest. The rest of the slots can either be filled with an additional priest in case the bosses require more healing or need a purify, a mage as a backup healer in case it all goes to hell, or archers for high damage (as long as they know how to control their aggro <_<)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    Wow thats very helpful, you have been extremely helpful. I do have a one more question, generally in dungeons do you always turn pet skills off ? Or just for HH sense he will be doing more dps compared to other party members then usual ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Just for HH for the damage reduction that every other player suffers. In FB's other classes should be doing enough damage to stop your pet from pulling aggro. Just in case though, I usually don't turn on skills until about 1/3 of the way through the boss x:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    I appretiate your help but I kind feel bad for having you answer all my questions from this and the other thread. That pretty much answers all my questions, you been a great help ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Also, WF has a reflect buff that can be casted on the tanker, so the boss take extra damage from the reflection, therefore dies faster.

Pets can also be off-tanks against normal mobs if things get out of hand.

Bramble array can give you invincibility for 15seconds, it comes in handy when a teammate needs to be rushed through a number of fake bosses to the next portal when the wb doesn't have vigor for tortlen skill.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    It's not invincibility, it's a 75% damage reduction. A bit of a far cry compared to a werebeast's 90%, and unless you're in light armor / heavy armor, it's better for the werebeast to rush through un-turtled than to have a werefox attempt to run through in array. You can always just duel real fast to build up vigor for the werebeast, too =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fantasy
    fantasy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ooops

nvm
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I you are lucky enough to get a hercules you can completely take over the role of a WB in a dungeon. I had bluster on my Herc and coupled with its own bramble skill its very efective in HH/FB's

In short there is NO FB you dont need a lurer, unless you are 40 lvls higher than the monsters.
    Pets ignore the defence/penalty players suffer against mobs and often do higer dps than other players.

And finally, apart from sex nothing is better than a WF :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
This discussion has been closed.