which is best hunting char???

Options
2»

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah. Only reason werefoxes are able to solo HH is because they have a mini tank in their golem, as well as a mini ep in themselves. Since a werebeast has no healing moves, you'll have to spam pots or drain your hiero to solo hh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    Yeah. Only reason werefoxes are able to solo HH is because they have a mini tank in their golem, as well as a mini ep in themselves. Since a werebeast has no healing moves, you'll have to spam pots or drain your hiero to solo hh.

So then, why do people get the full INT werebeast to make loads of money if the werefox can make more? Someone even recommended me to start with the INT bow WB. If I'm new to the international version, which one of these two should I start out with?
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Go with the werefox. The int bow WB is a godly build that people certainly cannot handle as one of their first characters. No one ever said the int werebeast was a moneymaker, just that it would tank magical bosses easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Most people have an alt money-maker character such as a WF for their int bow WB (Barbarian in this server). Anyway, you can't get every single HH material from a solo-mode run. These WBs are always invited to the party mode runs to tank magical bosses, where you can get every kind of material.
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    Go with the werefox. The int bow WB is a godly build that people certainly cannot handle as one of their first characters. No one ever said the int werebeast was a moneymaker, just that it would tank magical bosses easily.

Actually. Someone did say that a page or so back on this topic. Even though it's not true, someone said they make a lot of money. Anyway, my main character in MY was a werefox, So I might make another one, but I'd rather make something else for my main this time. I was thinking, EA?

I assume with their damage reputation, that they'd receive at least some extra attention for runs and HH, right?
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    LOL at this thread
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Actually. Someone did say that a page or so back on this topic. Even though it's not true, someone said they make a lot of money. Anyway, my main character in MY was a werefox, So I might make another one, but I'd rather make something else for my main this time. I was thinking, EA?

I assume with their damage reputation, that they'd receive at least some extra attention for runs and HH, right?

EAs are immensely difficult to play, they're high crit rate make them useless and undependable for PVP because you never know what they're going to hit for.

Not something i would recommend for your main if you haven't had past experience with them.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Emblem is absolutely right. High crit rate, for Archers, makes them suck at PvP. The best hunting build has definitely got to be the robed Blademaster, wielding basic fist weaponry.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Archers are okay, especially when you go fist archer. Your attack speed raises dramatically, allowing you to get a ton of fury ("chi") and spam fury bursts along with your close range wing attacks. You have the highest flying movement speed in the game so you'll have no trouble spamming these close range attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Emblem is absolutely right. High crit rate, for Archers, makes them suck at PvP. The best hunting build has definitely got to be the robed Blademaster, wielding basic fist weaponry.
    thank you!
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    Archers are okay, especially when you go fist archer. Your attack speed raises dramatically, allowing you to get a ton of fury ("chi") and spam fury bursts along with your close range wing attacks. You have the highest flying movement speed in the game so you'll have no trouble spamming these close range attacks.

For this build, you will need to add some int to your build, in order to spam wing attacks. They will drain your MP. Int increases your MP and MP regeneration.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nobody mentioned the hidden bonus stats you gain from staying naked in field for 48+ hours non-stop.

after this time has elapsed (remember you must remain completely unequipped and active - need to kill mobs or players continuously) you become almost invincible and receive bonuses of +100 to your main stats, which remain till you log out or die (whichever comes first).

this is just one of the many cool hidden cookies in PW.
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    nobody mentioned the hidden bonus stats you gain from staying naked in field for 48+ hours non-stop.

after this time has elapsed (remember you must remain completely unequipped and active - need to kill mobs or players continuously) you become almost invincible and receive bonuses of +100 to your main stats, which remain till you log out or die (whichever comes first).

this is just one of the many cool hidden cookies in PW.

LOL it's a troll! :D
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    LOL it's a troll! :D

no actually hes telling the truth lol.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes, troll is just my forum name.
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so when u say stay active, this means u must kill something wut every minute or hr for 48hrs?
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wow this thread is a joke , if any1 wants to make a full dex wb or a wb that uses bows make a archer , even if ur wb as alot of dex it still wont do as much damage as a archer because archers have passive skills that increase arrow range and arrow attack %. my main is my was a archer but am thinking of making a human warrior for beta
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    azure wrote: »
    wow this thread is a joke , if any1 wants to make a full dex wb or a wb that uses bows make a archer , even if ur wb as alot of dex it still wont do as much damage as a archer because archers have passive skills that increase arrow range and arrow attack %. my main is my was a archer but am thinking of making a human warrior for beta

Ban this guy. He's obviously a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not even going to bother responding to a post like that that's obviously meant to incite a flamewar =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    muskoka wrote: »
    so when u say stay active, this means u must kill something wut every minute or hr for 48hrs?

just regular killing/running around.

you go into afk timer from standing around in safe zone or even just standing in field for some length of time (anything much longer longer than a bathroom break in my experience), so the stats bonus reward can't be so easily exploited.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can we let this thread die yet? Even I feel like it's dragged on too long. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]