PvP Ruleset?

preston
preston Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Hey can anyone give me a quick overview of the PvP ruleset? Particularly interested in Territory wars and PK penalties on the PvP server only please!

Carebears need not reply. k thx.
Post edited by preston on

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    preston wrote: »
    Hey can anyone give me a quick overview of the PvP ruleset? Particularly interested in Territory wars and PK penalties on the PvP server only please!

Carebears need not reply. k thx.

PK penalties are two hours of "red" time per kill, after 10 consecutive kills you go "crimson". (Was it 10 in a row? I'm not positive on this. It's been a long time.)

While red, guards will kill you (but you can just fly over the walls anyway and npcs still talk to you) and players can attack you without getting flagged. You have a higher chance of dropping items when red.

When crimson, you have a 100% chance of dropping items.

So, if you killed 5 people you'd have 10 hours of red. In which case you'd just fly over ADC's wall and go afk/sleep for 10 hours. When you returned, you'd be white.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    it be nice if gettin red named also lowered defense. that would add more challenge to it also dont ya think. :)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thirst wrote: »
    it be nice if gettin red named also lowered defense. that would add more challenge to it also dont ya think. :)

How about no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thirst wrote: »

That's the worst idea I've heard. :D
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    PK penalties are two hours of "red" time per kill, after 10 consecutive kills you go "crimson". (Was it 10 in a row? I'm not positive on this. It's been a long time.)

While red, guards will kill you (but you can just fly over the walls anyway and npcs still talk to you) and players can attack you without getting flagged. You have a higher chance of dropping items when red.

When crimson, you have a 100% chance of dropping items.

So, if you killed 5 people you'd have 10 hours of red. In which case you'd just fly over ADC's wall and go afk/sleep for 10 hours. When you returned, you'd be white.
    oh great!
    so i can buy / make potions.

dam, my old MMO pk penalty is
    > 3 hrs per kill (no cap, kill 1000 players and it's 3000 hrs penalty)
    > you drop items
    > you cant talk to NPC!!! this also means, no equipment repair, no potions... no nothing!
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The benefit of "Murderer" status in this game is basically you can still use the NPCs. Which is awesome. The only thing that prevented me from randomly PKing people is that I wasn't able to talk to NPC and there wasn't a cap on kills. I'd have to AFK the character for like a month till I can use the NPC. Automatically quit the game, never playing that kind again.

I'm not sure if there is a cap in this game, ever since I PK"d I was never back to white anyway; in the previous server. Military items = your best friend, if this version implemented Soulbind Hierogram than I'd soulbind almost all my equipment. Plus, even if your caped and pure red, no one is going to hit you. Simply cause they are afraid, unless they decide to gank you with his entire guild. Simply, all you do is tap space bar and hit F6 or whatever your flying hotkey is and run. Most of the time players are too slow to react and your already long gone. When I play Perfect World, I always had speed pots with me.
    RoC.