Which server will YOU go?

millenium
millenium Posts: 34 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
So I heard there will be two servers, Free PvP and Optional PvP, which one would YOU go?

I'm definietely staying in the optional server. When I'm having a bad day and just wanting to grind peacefully, some drunk PvPer is the last thing I want to see ;)
Millenium, the fallen angel has arrived.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by millenium on

Comments

• roflstomp
    roflstomp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pvp is a way to go.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pvp all the way ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Oh Em Gee. Its RQ!!!! *girlish fan girl Squeel* lawlz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    does the free pvp mean there is no minimum level requrement and that there are no safe zones anywhere?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Cities are safe Zones, and you have to be at least Level 30.... but my understanding is once you hit level 30, your fair game... to everyone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ^ correct.

me = opt PvP
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVP server all the way -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whitetiger
    whitetiger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pvp for life :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Like Pie....look up RQClan.com or else
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    TEAPARTY SERVER!
    not, Ill be rolling on the pvp one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • xapheret
    xapheret Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP is the only place to be!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP server of course
  • masteralchemist
    masteralchemist Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hehe optional for me - spent too long getting ganked in midlevel areas in WoW to like PvP servers :P

EDIT: In fact, I might as well make different chars on each and find out which one I like best.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I wouldn't mind going on the PvE server till I found out some of the people there are just as close minded as on PW-MY.

Had there been some reasonable people and I wasn't in RQ it would have been optional pk for me.

However ;D
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm not much of a PvP person, so probably primarily the PvE server. Though I'll have characters on both, for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP server, obviously.
  • delux
    delux Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I PVP cuz I wanna live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandwitch
    sandwitch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i play this game for PK so i am guessing ima go pve server... bet u didn;t c that 1 comming ;)
    no PK all the way nothing much more to do in the endgame really that keeps me happy
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sandwitch wrote: »
    i play this game for PK so i am guessing ima go pve server... bet u didn;t c that 1 comming ;)
    no PK all the way nothing much more to do in the endgame really that keeps me happy

i think most of the people are gonna end up going to PvP ://
    and then people will find the PvE server waay to empty and boring (cant do fb's or anything) so they eventually move to PvP and the PvE server wil ldie !! :0!~
    haha just a guess
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'd probably make characters on both as well. Seeing as I can't decide between which class I want to play anyway, that'd be the logical thing to do ^_^
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Interesting too see most of the replies are for PVP. Of course, this thread is in the PvP Discussion forum. One would think 90% of the people are going to play on the PVP server based on this thread alone. ^.^"

PVE. I might make a character on the PVP server too. It wasn't too horrible on MY-EN.
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvE for me. I enjoy PvP a lot, just not PK. The game simply is not fun for me when I get called out to assist a guildie with some PKer everytime I log in and this happened in every guild I joined in PW-MY. PW is a game with PvP that centers around level/gear more so than player skill so I found myself having trouble keeping up with others with so much of my time spent helping the guild. I doubt it'll be much different here.
  • millenium
    millenium Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I changed my mind LOL.
    Millenium, the fallen angel has arrived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kristallregen
    kristallregen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll choose the optional PvP Server because I think that pvp will be more fun there than on the pvp one. When I compare the current opt. pvp server (ph,jp ..)with the pvp (like my-en) PvP and especially TW will be much more interesting there because there's no KoS which prevents people from trying and enjoying pvp.
  • novalee
    novalee Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    since i hat epk ill go to optional pvp server^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry:p
  • istapp
    istapp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Most likely Optional PvP for me,though i dont really know the diffs.If somebody would explain the diffs between them real quick,that would make me happy :)

And one question: Is the Delphi server on PW ENG-MY ( i think) compared with Open PvP or Optional PvP?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    istapp wrote: »
    Most likely Optional PvP for me,though i dont really know the diffs.If somebody would explain the diffs between them real quick,that would make me happy :)

And one question: Is the Delphi server on PW ENG-MY ( i think) compared with Open PvP or Optional PvP?

The Malaysian engrish servers are open PvP.

Optional PvP mean that you have an option to chose to turn PvP on of off at will, under certain restrictions. If you turn PvP off, your name turn blue and no one can attack you, and you cannot attack anyone (like if you were below level 30).

If you turn PvP on, your name turns white, and other players who choose to turn PvP on can attack you, and you can attack them.

There is a cooldown on this option. Once PvP is turned on you cannot turn it off until 10 hours have elapsed (that's the time set on the Philippine and Vietnamese server, so chances are it will be the same here.) Likewise, you cannot turn it off if you are red or pink named.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    istapp wrote: »

The PVE/Optional PK/CAREBEAR server is not fun, just boring and predictable since everyone will use the "wuss out" option.

The PVP server will have you watching your back, instead of staring at your character's butt like the zombies on the carebear server do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    The PVP server will have you watching your back, instead of staring at your character's butt like the zombies on the carebear server do.

I do that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • akatsuki
    akatsuki Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Does optional pvp mean someone has to accept my challenge in order for me to kick his ****?