PKKers for your PKers

Options
reparta
reparta Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
So I've seen a lot of people going on about how they are going to go PKer in this game, it's always good to see a healthy pvp community.

But with all these PKers it brings up the question of how many people are going to be PKKers. (I don't agree with the thought that they are the same people.)

For the people who don't know what PKKer stands for (weirdos :D) it's a person who specifically hunts down and kills any PKer they find. They do this by just generally looking for indications that a person has killed another player (in this game I think they'd look for red names, I've never played so correct me if I'm wrong.)

There are various reasons people do this including but not limited to, the want of a challenge (That person is strong enough to kill another player so it'll be a fun fight), to make sure that PKers don't get out of hand (there's high level PKer slaughtering people in a low level area and he won't let anyone do anything) or for vengence issues (A random person killed me when I was low levels so now I'm going to kill all pkers [I hate these guys :( )

Also as a short note because I see so many people saying PKKers are immature people with issues that came from being PKed when they were younger, not all PKKers are like that. In fact if you need an example look at me, I do it for the better thrill and to make sure things with PKers don't get out of hand (even the most noble PKers know this happens.)

So what do you people think about it? (If I forget anything I'll add it later and if this sort of thing has already been posted, I didn't see it so sorry.)
Post edited by reparta on

Comments

• meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't discriminate, I kill all.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Meh nothing wrong with random killing, some people just look for easier ways to find a challenging meal. (Before someone goes wonky I'm NOT saying that all PKers look for easy targets, in fact a lot don't but I'm saying that you get a higher entertaining fight ratio compared to just going out and killing people.)

Also PKers usually complain less when you kill them. :D
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Everything dies!

they touch my tra la la la
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    reparta wrote: »
    Meh nothing wrong with random killing, some people just look for easier ways to find a challenging meal. (Before someone goes wonky I'm NOT saying that all PKers look for easy targets, in fact a lot don't but I'm saying that you get a higher entertaining fight ratio compared to just going out and killing people.)

Also PKers usually complain less when you kill them. :D

So what happens when the PKer's get fed up with the PKKer's running around ganking them while they are PKing.

Then the PKKKer's come out stalking the darkness, waiting to see a noob getting ganked by a PKer who is getting ganked by a PKKer, out comes the PKKKer.

A new clan has begun.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    meatshield wrote: »
    So what happens when the PKer's get fed up with the PKKer's running around ganking them while they are PKing.

Then the PKKKer's come out stalking the darkness, waiting to see a noob getting ganked by a PKer who is getting ganked by a PKKer, out comes the PKKKer.

A new clan has begun.
    PKKer rule number one. Have back up incase the enemy tries to outnumber you. (This doesn't mean gang up on one person but rather have an ally near by to make sure you don't get ganged up on yourself. An example of this an old guild I used to know about, they grouped people up into teams of about three. Two players would do whatever but stay nearby incase an army showed up while the other would watch out for PKers and kill them one on one.)

Yeah about PKKKers. There's not that many of them, if anything it's just PKers who get pissed and try to kill the PKKer. :D That however is part of life. Speaking of which I can only recall actually having a real PKKKer after me on two occasions. :( Since there are so few PKKers there's very little need for that many PKKKers.

Also, on a general level it's hard to get the jump on a PKKer since we usually start assuming that everyone near us is going to try and kill us at one point or another. :D Fun stuff.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PKKer rule number one. Have back up incase the enemy tries to outnumber you. (This doesn't mean gang up on one person but rather have an ally near by to make sure you don't get ganged up on yourself. An example of this an old guild I used to know about, they grouped people up into teams of about three. Two players would do whatever but stay nearby incase an army showed up while the other would watch out for PKers and kill them one on one.)

Yeah about PKKKers. There's not that many of them, if anything it's just PKers who get pissed and try to kill the PKKer. :D That however is part of life. Speaking of which I can only recall actually having a real PKKKer after me on two occasions. :( Since there are so few PKKers there's very little need for that many PKKKers.

Also, on a general level it's hard to get the jump on a PKKer since we usually start assuming that everyone near us is going to try and kill us at one point or another. :D Fun stuff.

Ignored for having too many K's in your post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Making a PKKK'er. All should fear me. White power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moop
    moop Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pkkers are exponentially worse than pkers.. simply because pkkers don't understand the concept of personal discrepencies and always end up trying to kill people that should otherwise have just been left the hell alone in the first place :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So much negativity. :( Looks like I'm going to have to make them from scratch and show people what a real PKKer is.

Also on the note about PKKers being worse than PKers. I'm not going to go and try and make this an issue of whom is worse for a community since that's an issue of opinion. And on the point of disreprencies, what are you talking about? Unless I'm misunderstanding your point (completely possible) you're stating that PKKers go about wantonly killing all PKers they see. I have some points involving that.

1) Pkers kill people, generally without a real pattern although some have them. PKKers do the same, just with PKers. Thus neither one is really worse in that regard, at least in my opinion.

2) You seem to be under the impression that all PKKers have PKer issues and do it out of malice. In the end that's a moot point since while some do that it doesn't reflect on the whole. It's like saying that all PKers kill people weaker than them, some may but not all do.

I had another point but forgot it after going to eat. :( I'll bring it up later if I remember.

So anyone mind explaining what the issue people have with PKKers is?
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So much negativity. :( Looks like I'm going to have to make them from scratch and show people what a real PKKer is.

Also on the note about PKKers being worse than PKers. I'm not going to go and try and make this an issue of whom is worse for a community since that's an issue of opinion. And on the point of disreprencies, what are you talking about? Unless I'm misunderstanding your point (completely possible) you're stating that PKKers go about wantonly killing all PKers they see. I have some points involving that.

1) Pkers kill people, generally without a real pattern although some have them. PKKers do the same, just with PKers. Thus neither one is really worse in that regard, at least in my opinion.

2) You seem to be under the impression that all PKKers have PKer issues and do it out of malice. In the end that's a moot point since while some do that it doesn't reflect on the whole. It's like saying that all PKers kill people weaker than them, some may but not all do.

I had another point but forgot it after going to eat. :( I'll bring it up later if I remember.

So anyone mind explaining what the issue people have with PKKers is?

"PKKers" are just PKers who go around shouting that what they do is "right" and "good" because they're too puss to gain a rep as a PKer and have to deal with the consequences.

Grow some balls or don't flag. That simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    "PKKers" are just PKers who go around shouting that what they do is "right" and "good" because they're too puss to gain a rep as a PKer and have to deal with the consequences.

Grow some balls or don't flag. That simple.
    I object to that. Most PKKers I've met don't go around shouting about the nobility of it, it's PvP in a bleeding game for the love of earth!

Also many PKKers just get the same rep as PKers since most people can't tell the difference on a general level.

And what in the world do you mean grow some balls? We (the ones of us I know) attack people we KNOW can beat us off since the challenge is easier to find that way. (Not saying that killing normal players isn't challenging but often you'll find that half the people you hit don't know how to fight back. I know that I used to be a normal PKer.) Also I think there's a misconception that PKKers attack people while they are fighting other players. I don't know about many others but my friends and I have never done that. I mean that's about as dirty as ganging up on a person you can beat normally.

You guys must have had some bad PKKers in your old games if you're this messed up on them. You'd think we were the anti-christs of games.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I object to that. Most PKKers I've met don't go around shouting about the nobility of it, it's PvP in a bleeding game for the love of earth!

Also many PKKers just get the same rep as PKers since most people can't tell the difference on a general level.

And what in the world do you mean grow some balls? We (the ones of us I know) attack people we KNOW can beat us off since the challenge is easier to find that way. (Not saying that killing normal players isn't challenging but often you'll find that half the people you hit don't know how to fight back. I know that I used to be a normal PKer.) Also I think there's a misconception that PKKers attack people while they are fighting other players. I don't know about many others but my friends and I have never done that. I mean that's about as dirty as ganging up on a person you can beat normally.

You guys must have had some bad PKKers in your old games if you're this messed up on them. You'd think we were the anti-christs of games.

We don't think you're the anti-christ, we just think you're ****. If you want PVP, go fight someone. If you limit yourself to only red players then you're missing out on a world of challenge. I'm sorry, but it's stupid. PK or don't, "PKKers" are a waste of air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We don't think you're the anti-christ, we just think you're ****. If you want PVP, go fight someone. If you limit yourself to only red players then you're missing out on a world of challenge. I'm sorry, but it's stupid. PK or don't, "PKKers" are a waste of air.
    While I don't appreciate being called a waste of space or ****, I'll accept that as your opinion. I'll just see if I can change your mind though actions, if not then thats fine since I'll still do it anyway. :D

Good luck Pvpers. (Also on a side note from people who have played the game before. Will killing a red player make you red as well? If not that seems kind of unfair.)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was a notorious Pkker in a fan game of the .**** series. The term pkker, at least in my perspective had stemed from there. For years I had protected the newbies of the game from **** pkers who would pick on them because of their low level. However at some point the pkers all got pissed at my carebearness and ganked me constantly unabiling to let me defend what I liked doing, which was essentially training newbies.

In the end I learned that pkkers try to justify a kill. First of all its a game so you can't really take it that seriously, but then again since I'm all into morality and what not the matter of the fact is irrespective of what reason you're killing for you're still a killer

By nature I still consider myself a pkker but in a different way. I pk for one simple reason, their stupidity and that by far surpasses, in my opinion my previous mentality on the whole pking issue. People tend to think more with their e-**** then their brain, or a sorts of "IM RIGHT SHUDDUP LALLALALLAlaALALALA" or "AHHAHAHA WE OWNED YOU OUR GUILD VS ONE PARTY FROM URS" like in rohan. For me that is considered Pkking

Then again I've always been a carebear and have no trouble accepting it, and so do my peers. They joke around about it but they still love me ;D
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm going to be a PKKer when I become strong enough.... I may have to hide my identity from RageQuit after posting this.... o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    I'm going to be a PKKer when I become strong enough.... I may have to hide my identity from RageQuit after posting this.... o.o
    Good to hear there'll be some company.
    Also RageQuit CLAIMs that they're above killing targets for a purpose (aka singling people out needlessly aka killing people for reasons other than being an idiot) as far as I've heard, but if they show themselves not to be you won't really need to worry anyway. They'd get stomped out in 1-3 months if they turn full noob guild. You see it a lot in most of the English side MMO's (or the ones I've seen which lies somewhere in the 20ies)

Well anyway if what they claim is true there's nothing to worry about anyway other than them just killing you because you exist then moving on. See you out in the field, leave some of the prey to me. :D
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »

If you really think RQ is going to bother specifically hunting you simply because you want to fight us in the future, you really don't understand us.

We like a challenge. And no "future challenge" is important enough to devote clan time to specifically hunting. We aren't that spiteful, and we sure as hell aren't worried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• aceabc
    aceabc Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I just like to kill people ^_^
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm like a rose, touch me in the wrong place and i will make you bleed
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Whenever I encounter a red player I will try to PK him/her. Not because of moral issues, but simply because of financial issues. I want their drop.
    But I must say I hardly encounter red named players in Oracle, only see them in safe places.
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Good to hear there'll be some company.
    Also RageQuit CLAIMs that they're above killing targets for a purpose (aka singling people out needlessly aka killing people for reasons other than being an idiot) as far as I've heard, but if they show themselves not to be you won't really need to worry anyway. They'd get stomped out in 1-3 months if they turn full noob guild. You see it a lot in most of the English side MMO's (or the ones I've seen which lies somewhere in the 20ies)

Well anyway if what they claim is true there's nothing to worry about anyway other than them just killing you because you exist then moving on. See you out in the field, leave some of the prey to me. :D

Aion
    severan wrote: »
    I'm like a rose, touch me in the wrong place and i will make you bleed

Sounds so kinky ;D
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You're gonna try and imitate "KrzyKillas" from MY-EN. Their slogan was "We PK PKers". I soloed their guild multiple times.
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    celes wrote: »
    You're gonna try and imitate "KrzyKillas" from MY-EN. Their slogan was "We PK PKers". I soloed their guild multiple times.

They also pked a bunch of newbies. Lollageofwagon so much for those pkkers ;D
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    They also pked a bunch of newbies. Lollageofwagon so much for those pkkers ;D

http://i37.tinypic.com/j7rib5.png

Kross didn't fight back. You shut your ***** mouth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    http://i37.tinypic.com/j7rib5.png

Kross didn't fight back. You shut your ***** mouth.

hahaha xD can you make a photobucket with all your pw screenshots. Or if you have a tinpic profile post it here, I wanna see your screenshots xD

I never really liked KrzyKillas, we constantly fought with them for land under ND. They remind me of LegionHespania and Divinity from rohan. All goody goody talk on the forums then in game being righteous **** shoving their morality down the drain and being the denial douchebags they are
  • reparta
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you can kill a PKKer in game, fine and dandy, but until you meet them don't assume that they'll be like any of the ones you've met in the past. Many of us aren't self righteous and I like to think you'll find us to be a somewhat entertaining fight no matter how "elite" you constantly claim to be.

Good day.
  • ahnya
    ahnya Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah I saw lots of those PKers looking for a challenge in RO. They'd be level 50+ coming into the level 30 areas to wipe the noobs for that huge challenge they presented. They prolly gathered in a circle after and rubbed.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    And that's the kind if PKers that should have been aborted with a hanger.

Again, if someone way over your level PKs you, tell one of the RageQuits ingame. We'll be glad to slaughter their ****.

However, if we find our they were your level and you just crybabied about losing, we're going to slaughter your **** too. You've been warned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    russel wrote: »
    Whenever I encounter a red player I will try to PK him/her. Not because of moral issues, but simply because of financial issues. I want their drop.
    But I must say I hardly encounter red named players in Oracle, only see them in safe places.

red names in safe places can be sorted using the lure guard trick.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not if they stay in one spot without moving. Then it gets significantly harder ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]