Pets

smiley
smiley Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
Anyone have input on the best pets to have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our Battle; Your Soul
Post edited by smiley on

Comments

• june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    smiley wrote: »
    Anyone have input on the best pets to have?

Someone should have a guild up somewhere, but generally, the lowest level monsters have better stats when leveled up than compared to the higher level existing monsters. Lower level pets have less skills, but skill books can be purchased for a few hundred thousand and the pets can be customized.

Most often, the best common land tanking pet is arguably either the lvl 1 bug at the starting point, or the lvl 17 rock golem north of Human Startpoint(called Molten Lava Rime on MY-EN)

The best common air pet is probably the sawfly at lvl 8, southwest of elf town, because it has the highest attack.

The best common water tanking pet is probably the lvl 5 turtle, if you don't mind it's huge butt filling up the screen when you're zoomed out.

There's some variation, like at higher levels, and there are some elusive rare pets. Some pets are situational, and may be good for TW or PVP, but not work as well as tankers. For the most part, the above pets are what people use, with the rock golem used the most for grinding, and the sawfly used a lot for PVP. Sometimes it's nice to have a pet just because it looks nice. ;)
  • anberlin
    anberlin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's really no point in getting a water pet though. You're going to be leveling a land mob, and an air mob, and a water? How often are you going to use a water pet? As you level higher and get quests for water mobs, just get tame a mob around that level.

If you want, it's not considerably the BEST, but very recommended for PK/PVP/TW, is a Dodo bear. Of course, you can't tame the Great Dodo Bear (level 80) yet, but you can go for the smaller one. That one is level 20. The reason why is because of the Doodoo skill, which stuns your target. Note: It's a rare pet though ;)
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    yea i hav a smaller Dodo bear he is lvl 22 now and his skills r good cuz im lvl 28 which he fights the mobs with me.. He does a great job.. i also have a crystal lava my lvl and a cutie bunny my lvl.. i just kepp lvling them to my lvl then work with the dodbear for the rest of the way.. I just wish i knew wat specific pets to hav so i dont hav so many pets.. TY PPl....:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    BTW anberlin i like the suggestion u said about taming the water pet at same lvl for its moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hell no, Dodo bear is a terrible pet to have, at least for pvp.
    It has terrible damage, half of any golem, with 1 up side to it which is the stun skill. But you dont really need it since it has a 1 minute cool down.
    Dodo is mainly just for show, you cant realistically use it to solo HH because of it's bad damage, killing bosses would take twice the time of a golem.
    Must get pets are lvl17 or lvl18 golem, lvl8 petite sawfly.
    These 2 pets will get you set for anything you might encounter. Both pets are suitable for PvE because of their high damage which means better at holding aggro, the sawfly is very potent at PvP, it is the best pet for pvp just under the legendary phoenix.

You might wanna train a lvl 2 scorpion from the start too, because early Territorial Wars will disable flying, that means sawfly cannot be used, and the slow moving speed of golem makes it undesirable to use. A scorpion has faster moving speed and higher damage, but lacks in defence, perfect for damage dealing in a situation where sawfly cannot be used.

Of course you can get a faster pets later for luring, you can pick up a lvl 60 wolf for it's 10m/s speed.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ytes, plz dont listen to anberlins false information.

water pet is good to have when u ever want to pk at fish. also, u gonna need one to do all those water mob quests.

a small dodo is horrible for pk/tw. an aquabarrier is better or a golem since they r both high in patk.
    Small dodo only has doodoo and u can get that rare skill if u know how.
    If u know how, u can use an aquabarrier to kill Robe/light armor users within 2-3hits by itself :). This could apply to golem too.
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    Wow u guys are so cool.. Thank You so much for the info...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    Btw wat do u ppl think about the great Dodo Bear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    Oh i forgot to ask about these pet too, cutie bunny ,and a mutant whirlwind turtle as water pet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    They all suck, never bother to train any one of them.
    I tried the great dodo thinking that it would be nice for pvp. It turns out to suck like hell, the terrible damage isn't even enough to hold aggro let alone doing damage.

All the rare pets sucks and not worth getting(get it only for looks), the cheapest most efficient pets are golem/scorpion/dharma(lvl 60 pet), and sawfly.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    TY again for input it really helps me..Btw what pet is good for water then?
    Is the sawfly also good for air mobs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Water pets aren't worth lvling, as there aren't many water quests. Lvling a lvl 8 Fly and a lvl 17/18 Golem is very important, as they are the main pet most WFs have. I had a rare frog pet at the PW-MY server as my magic tanker, I think it's great to have, it's totally optional though.
  • rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I do have a question, its not about which is best pet but just pets in general. How fast do pets level compared to their master ? Also Is there any difference is strength to a leveld up low level pet and a just caught high level pet (if its same type of mob) ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rena wrote: »
    I do have a question, its not about which is best pet but just pets in general. How fast do pets level compared to their master ? Also Is there any difference is strength to a leveld up low level pet and a just caught high level pet (if its same type of mob) ?

Pets lvl much faster than the character. You can lvl several pets at the time.
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    hypnos wrote: »
    Pets lvl much faster than the character. You can lvl several pets at the time.

Are you saying you can keeper ownership of multiple pets or you can level them together ? How many total pets can you have ? Is there any pets that are unable to be tamed ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rena wrote: »
    Are you saying you can keeper ownership of multiple pets or you can level them together ? How many total pets can you have ? Is there any pets that are unable to be tamed ?

You can only summon one pet at a time. But at you can own up 10 once you've maxed out your pet backpack. Pets gain 15 experience points at full loyalty for every mob you kill, but with dailies and (if you choose to) Dragon quests, they may start lagging behind in levels.
    Pets that cannot be tamed don't have a monster icon next to their name that only venomancers can see. Those monsters are rancor or the main threat in the game.
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    Wow up to 10 ? I am impressed, that adds a whole new death to the class. Thanks for your help you answered all my questions..also love your siggy =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    Hi ppl ,
    BTW nice siggi Demise... Well u were very informative on renas question.. TY..LOL when I reached lvl 30 i went out lookin for saw flys on PW-MY i began to lvl it from lvl 8 .. it was fast n easy. now its 16 but later i hope to lvl it to 30.. Man i cant wait till CB then open Beta..:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    do this: when ur lvl 11 u get the quest where u can teleport to the other two main towns. while ur at feather city, run down to bamboo village and look for a sawfly that is within ur range. There is also a building nearby where u can jump on top. This way u can start training ur sawfly earlier in the game. lvling a sawfly from lv8 to 30 is a big hassle lol.
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im planning to use the first nooby wolf u get at lvl 3 until 17, get the molten lava guy, and then at lvl 70 i think? get the EF (i forgot the real name only the abbreviation, kinda sad huh :( but its a white bird like thing^^ gonna be my pvp pet) and then by the time im really high lvl, the phoenix should be out and thats my last pet and my pvp pet :D:D:D
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    i finally got my sawfly pet to my lvl.. It was a hassle but not as bad.. I went to lvl 20 mobs and kept it back while i fight being lvl 30 it was a piece of cake. But took me 3 days due to me being busy but its done lol.. Now i fight mobs in the sky.. Sawflys are strong..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    BTW my siggie means i am an archer which is my main .. N ow i play WF till CB then back to Archer.. WF will be my alt.. Archers do rock.. WF is interesting and fun too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • tune
    tune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    smiley wrote: »
    BTW my siggie means i am an archer which is my main .. N ow i play WF till CB then back to Archer.. WF will be my alt.. Archers do rock.. WF is interesting and fun too

awesome ;) me alt wf and arch main tooo :D
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    Cool U know wat i mean:):)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just some additional info.

Pets only lvl fast when you're low lvl. At lvl 70+ its a major pain in the behind to try and lvl more than one type of pet at a time. Aslo the sawly is really easy to kill which makes it a not so great leveling pet. My fav air pet sofar was the flying pig.

Water pets is just useless cos lvling in the air/land is easier and you have a better selection of earth type mobs. I used to also just tame one of the quest mobs and use it for the duration of the quest.

In general at higher lvls its more important to get a pet with high def to be able to grab 5 or 6 mobs and then aoe them. Killing 1 by 1 is really tedious and mind-destroying. The only reason you'd want high dmg pets is for pvp.

Aaalso remember that in dragon palace you have the chance to get rare pet scrolls, i was fortunate enough to once get a "sharp claw" skill and it turned my lil aquadharma into a nice monster, ripping bite +30% was yummy :P There is also pet scrolls for sale from the granny in ADC, things like the 30%dmg reduction helps a lot when you want to succesfully lure a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    you cant aoe monsters in the air, your pet doesn't have aoe aggro skills, so if you're gonna take forever clicking and telling your pet to put aggro on each one of them, aoe is not gonna work, it will take longer than killing mobs 1 by 1.
    The sawfly is the best to level with actually, because of the high damage you never have to worry about stealing aggro. The flying pig is so weak that it takes forever to kill a mob, and the longer it takes to kill something, the more likely you'll steal aggro.
    water/air mobs gives 50% more exp than land mobs and most of them have lower HP than the normal land mobs.
    After lvl 80, you need to start party leveling in water, which means the lvl 80 water pet is needed to help you get to 90.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was referring to land aoe. It depends on your play style, personally i despise solo lvling killing the same boring air mobs over and over for days at end.
    There is also a lot to be said for killing higher lvl land mobs to get close to the same exp air mobs give. Even tho air mobs have lower hp, their atack is quite mean and they tend to spawn in awkward places that cause butt-violation. Few air mobs is earth property, since WF has mostly poison skills its most times faster/easier to kill earth type land mobs.

In the air you could use a sawfly, but i prefer a pet that doesnt need to be healed 3x to kill one monster. And if something atacks the WF at the same time you or your fly will die for sure.

At lvl80 you'll be using the seal as a water pet that can be tamed near peach dock. The time spent to get a lvl5 or w/e turtle to 80 for the marginal benefit isnt even close to worth it. Aslo I used to get a lot more exp at those lvls doing FB89's and HH parties.

Lastly if you steal agro from your pet you havent lvled ur pets agro skills. Its nearly impossible to outdmg a pet unless ur a pure int WF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    wow a WF sounds sounds so technical lol.. I give it to u hi lvl WFs U ppl ROCK........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • smiley
    edited August 2008
    I just wish there was a sure specific mob to use for land, water,and air:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our Battle; Your Soul
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    you want cold hard solid pets for tank/kill?

Land: Golem for Damage/Tank, Scorpion for Damage, Dharma is an alternative for pk because of speed(but lower damage).

Air: Sawfly for Damage, Flying pig for tank(at higher levels your pig will do non-existant damage in pvp).

Water: Pick up any water pet around your level to do water quests
    ULTIMATE TOPIC: