what's PVP like in this game?

foxybrown
foxybrown Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
I played the Maylaysian version a little, but never got to see the PVP battles. I heard there can be huge battles. How do they play out? What kinda strategies are common?
Post edited by foxybrown on

Comments

• zephyr
    zephyr Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Its all about spiking the enemy down after their Hierogram breakes (A hierogram heals you fully, once you're at 50% HP and then has a 10 second recharge time)

So its all about spiking the enemy to death. Also there's a 75% damage reduction in PvP so you dont run around and 1 shot everything.

Especially because the whole PvP is in the sky as well, is quite nice, however if you attack someone on the ground from the sky, you only deal 50% damage, which is nice, because like that you can **** up people who dont know how to pvp.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Zephyr described it pretty well. The PVP is excellent and there is quite a bit of teamwork required for heirogram spikes (despite no healers actually healing in PVP).

I released quite a few PVP videos, and ended up being well known in the PVP community. The videos are being uploaded again and will be available tonight for download.

Any questions you have, I'd be glad to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    One of the problems with Mana Heirograms was the 75% activation. So if you were a fox, the shift brought you down to 80% mana AND cost mana, so if you were shifting in and out of fox form to keep up the Dark 60% movespeed bonus, it would basically melt any Mana Heirogram off you in a matter of minutes considering how much maxMP foxes have.

That was one of my two problems with PW, considering how important Mana Hieros are to Fox (with Intersoul Switch it's basically the equivalent of having two HP Heiros).

The other one was that Magic Weapons have zero durability and an insane attack speed, making using one as a melee Fox an exercise in frustration. Good thing Fox can't use any other weapons in Fox form. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    It sucks. I'd almost prefer they fix the ripping bite bug but change it to allow foxes to use heavy weapons. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i think they should fix the heavy wf's curses!!!

they can only use 1 at a time! thats such a limitation :(

i vote for allowing WF's to cast at least 2 of their curses on one target and for shorter curse duration (to make it fair)
  • senovit
    edited July 2008
    Why? I prefer one curse at a time with longer duration X:

Curses really aren't necessary anyway. One attack from you can reduce them by 20% for sure, so why amplify maim? Regen's only if you're worried about a werebeast trying to run away or someone pots. So what does that leave? Vigor crush, which is really only useful if your target is getting gangbanged. I almost never bother with curses except maim in hh/fb <_<'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kubear
    kubear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Are there PvP servers like in World of Warcraft where you can just randomly attack an opposing force? Or is it just duels?

Heyy, I'm Kev~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You can attack anyone at any time, so long as you're outside of a town.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • maxx
    maxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Once you reach lvl 30 its game on outside of secure zones, outposts or towns.
  • mac
    mac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    unless of course the person happens to be in "safe mode".
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    mac wrote: »
    unless of course the person happens to be in "safe mode".

Which is only available to players under level 30 (the minority of players).
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kubear
    edited July 2008

I'm going to love this game. Thanks alot.
    lmao. So, a pro in a bad mood could just beat the **** out of other players? D:
    Any kind of police in this game?

Heyy, I'm Kev~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    kubear wrote: »

I'm going to love this game. Thanks alot.
    lmao. So, a pro in a bad mood could just beat the **** out of other players? D:
    Any kind of police in this game?

If a red named player goes near a town guard (npc), the npc will kill them.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • mewchi
    mewchi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    OMG! This is soo going to be like The World(.****//G.U. for those who don't know). I think it would be better if there was arenas where guilds can PvP each other for the title of better guild or challenges between parties. Especialy guild master vs guild master!
  • kubear
    edited July 2008

Man, this game is going to rock so hard. Is there a time where the red name can go away btw?

Heyy, I'm Kev~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You have an hour of red name for every WHITE named person you kill. For example I killed about 30 people before I quit the MY version so my character was red named for 30 hours. You also have a chance to drop equipment when you are red named.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kubear
    edited July 2008

Damn nice. This game sounds fun already. Thanks ^^

Heyy, I'm Kev~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    :eek: have you even pked before?
    it's 2hours for each white name killed
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    :eek: have you even pked before?
    it's 2hours for each white name killed

Are you sure? I've never gotten 2 hours per kill D: Maybe it's like that in the MY version but it's been awhile since i played it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i havnt played this version yet but i play maylasian version as archer and pvp for high lvl archers are quick or mages :p we dont waste time and every1 needs heirograms esp archers , if u go full dex ull have low hp but kill fast and need heirograms.

Pk system in this game is big though in maylasian version big guilds will sometimes get mad at each other and take it all out on a lake pking =Dlol
  • atomictamale
    atomictamale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I've have a question I've been wondering for a whiles..
    I know if you attack someone from Air-to-Ground, the air person has reduced Dmg.
    Is this the case vice-versa?
  • senovit
    edited July 2008
    No. I'm like, 80% sure ground to air is full damage. But don't quote me on that o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    No. I'm like, 80% sure ground to air is full damage. But don't quote me on that o:

Yes you are correct. Damage is only affected if YOU are the one flying in the air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The pk system here is awesome. its intense, lots of fun, and definitely takes teamwork.
    Arg i hated those big pks in fish!! always pt crashes!
    Yeh, pking a white name will require 2 hours of red name.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    If your target is in a different medium, i.e. you are on land they are in air, or they are in water you are on land, or you are in water, they are in air, then you both do 50% damage. You will only do 100% damage if your attacker is in the same medium as you(land, air, or water).
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    WTF??
    you will always do 100% damage as long as you're in a lower or equal medium as your target.
    Ground to air = 100%
    water to ground = 100%
    water to air = 100%

you damage only gets reduced if you're in a higher medium than your target.
    air to ground = 50%
    air to water = 50%
    ground to water = 50%
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Ok, faruxue is right. I always thought it was halved no matter where you where if it was in different medium. But, yes if you are on ground and attack air target its 100%. Learn something new everyday, nice one faruxue.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    You can attack anyone at any time, so long as you're outside of a town.

That is sick..... Awesome.

So how long has this game been around? I've never played, gotta find a manual somewhere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    sigoh wrote: »
    That is sick..... Awesome.

So how long has this game been around? I've never played, gotta find a manual somewhere...

Hm. I think it's been around for 3 years so far, but I'm not completely sure. And... these forums shall be your manual :p. Just ask away.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.