Comments

• r00st3r
    r00st3r Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    how about a similar wiz guide
  • christer
    christer Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So, if I want to be a Cleric that's probably only heading towards healing/supporting, I should get 9 INT, 1 STR every 2 lvls? Nothing more, nothing less?
  • capriccio
    capriccio Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ^well-you would still need to add some points to str for armor requirements
  • bobrossx
    bobrossx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hey, i've noticed that the abilities you posted here have different names in game. is this just me? i have seen the Quill Spell and the Cyclone spell, but do not know where all of the other spells you mentioned are.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bobrossx wrote: »
    hey, i've noticed that the abilities you posted here have different names in game. is this just me? i have seen the Quill Spell and the Cyclone spell, but do not know where all of the other spells you mentioned are.

Yes, they're the My-en translations. I rushed to 30 so I didn't have time to paste the new names in, going to log on a cleric and do it now.

Edit: as of now, skill names are updated.
  • bobrossx
    bobrossx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this is great! thank you for clearing things up.
  • ashlen
    ashlen Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    k i feel really stupid but ima ask cuz i can't figure it out ^_^;
    but uh like u guys say int con agi and str i can't find those. all i see is magic str dex and vit.
    am i looking at the wrong thing or are they jst different names >.<;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*Ashlen*~ ^__^
  • junk
    edited August 2008
    ashlen wrote: »
    k i feel really stupid but ima ask cuz i can't figure it out ^_^;
    but uh like u guys say int con agi and str i can't find those. all i see is magic str dex and vit.
    am i looking at the wrong thing or are they jst different names >.<;;

Same thing as skill names, they were the old names from My-en. INT = MAG, DEX = AGI, CON = VIT. I forgot about that, thanks for pointing it out. Updated.
  • xanny
    xanny Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this is a very helpful guide ^_^ im jst confused is spark ignition the other verions name or is it in this one too cuz i can't find it >.<
    all the other ones i can tho :D
  • junk
    edited August 2008
    xanny wrote: »
    this is a very helpful guide ^_^ im jst confused is spark ignition the other verions name or is it in this one too cuz i can't find it >.<
    all the other ones i can tho :D

Spark Ignition won't show up in your skill tree because it's a general skill that all classes can get, much like manufacturing and town portal. You can purchase the skill by getting to level 29 and doing your cultivation quest.
  • christer
    christer Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How much STR do you need in total?
    Per 2-5 lvls?
  • sahja
    sahja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thank you for this guide! Why oh why didn't I read it before I started playing I'll never know. NOw I have a lvl 19 cleric that has several upgrades to Blessing of the Purehearted but not in Inronheart Blessing because I didn't realized it stacked. D'oh! And I also haven't put nearly enough into my MAG skill... live and learn, as they say. That is what beta is for, right? :) Thanks for the great information and all the side infos.

Noob-ly yours....
  • zeroin
    zeroin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hey thanks for the info...very useful
  • ashlen
    edited August 2008
    okay i got another question ^_^;
    um i wanna get revieve but i think i haave to get welspring surge to get that skill :3
    do we have to get all the skills to at least lvl 1 to get the next skill in the tree >.<?
    its telling mt my prerquiste lvl isn't right or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*Ashlen*~ ^__^
  • junk
    edited August 2008
    ashlen wrote: »
    okay i got another question ^_^;
    um i wanna get revieve but i think i haave to get welspring surge to get that skill :3
    do we have to get all the skills to at least lvl 1 to get the next skill in the tree >.<?
    its telling mt my prerquiste lvl isn't right or something

Yes, Wellspring Surge lvl 1 is a prerequisite to Revive. In fact, the only one that isn't a prerequisite for the skills I listed as primary or secondary is Razor Feathers. Anyway, you can check how it all adds up by going to your skill list. Somewhere in the bottom-right corner is a ">>" symbol with the tooltip "Skill Tree". Click on that and you'll get a window with all your skills. Some have arrows linking them together, you need to get all the skills on the arrow's path to level 1 to access those further down.
  • ashlen
    edited August 2008
    yea ty found it ^___^;;
    this is so uber helpfull xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*Ashlen*~ ^__^
  • box
    box Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Razor feathers is supposed to be no good lol
  • ashlen
    edited September 2008
    i herd plume shell wasn't really nessesary either what do u guys think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*Ashlen*~ ^__^
  • maka
    maka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well from all this i think it is best 4 cleric 2 wear robes, and put ewery 2 lv 7mag 3 vit and 1str,it will be high damge and healing rate, and survability rate will be decent, and 4 plume shell ??????????? aaa i dont know either, can smn write down what spels we schould raise and which one we schouldnt,if he do it quickly he have beer on my treat =)
  • ravanna
    ravanna Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This guide was and will be extremely valuable to me, thank you very much! :p

I highly implore that this thread becomes a sticky asap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuujo
    kuujo Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    awesome guide as i just started out and was a little confused, hahaha i even took notes.
  • Anastase - Heavens Tear
    Anastase - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Great guide!! I was wondering which stats to take though. My husband and I are both playing clerics together (as my second character), should one of us go damage dealing and the other high survivability?
  • independence
    independence Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    AWESOME guide! im lvl 33 atm, and i've followed the guide pretty closely, and im doing pretty good.. thnak you for taking the time to make this guide, junk. You're the man b:thanks
  • enth
    enth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Pretty new to Cleric but a couple of things that I was thinking when I read this:

"Hey i just checked yourt Guide it looks great but I have a suggestion :p

Quote:
    + Light armor build. Geared towards using light armor. Balance of magic and physical defense. Superior critical rate. Minimal hitpoints but higher survivability when facing physical opponents. PvP versatility
    - 6 INT
    - 2 STR
    - 2 AGI
    The Light Armour build is my favorite but with it you will need some con imo

I would suggest every 2 levels doing this:
    - 5 INT
    - 2 STR
    - 2 AGI
    - 1 CON

Its pretty much the same but from my experiences the Cleric needs more HP and sacrificing alittle DMG/MP shouldn't hurt but instead help ;)"

I am working on the -6 INT -2 STR -2 AGI build and is working out pretty well so far. I was thinking the 5,2,2,1 makes sense but am worried about sacrificing to much INT because my understanding is the it is exponential in nature.

Now thinking this I fist thought well isn't the point of the light armor build to build phys def so that you can take a hit without building CON?

This in mind though then I thought well maybe it is kinda the real "best of both worlds" thought behind light armor. However, I had also read that you should never put a point into CON b/c the payoff in HP is so little that you should just make up for it in armor and place the extra stats into magic att. b/c, let's face it, you really wanna rock em before they hit you. Now you still may get hit, especially if you accidentally go in for a hit on a long dist. boss before the tanker has landed a hit.

So this may seem like a petty change but what about light armor build looking like this:

Every 4 lvl:

First two:

-6 INT
    -2 STR
    -2 DEX

Second two:

-5 INT
    -2 STR
    -2 DEX
    -1 CON

Disclaimer:

This may help HP a little, while not sacrificing that exponential magic us clerics need so much. However, it may also dilute either theory to the point of, and I'm quoting another thread, "neither here nor there". Good luck all and thanks for the excellent post.
    Look death in the face with joyful hope, and consider this a lasting truth: the righteous man has nothing to fear, neither in life, nor in death, and the gods will not forsake him.

-Socrates
  • Twylla - Heavens Tear
    Twylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm fond of the 5 MAG, 2 STR/DEX, 1 Con pattern for a light armor hybrid build, since every hp is another chance of surviving, and the MP shield only lasts for just so long in an emergency. MP isn't very useful if you aren't alive.
  • ..kohana.. - Sanctuary
    ..kohana.. - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think the support for Light Armor builds is interesting. I was told that only a 9mag-1str was desired for parties, but I think I am going to start pouring stats. into dex and str. to switch builds. I'll have some issues for a few lev.s but hopefully not for too low.
    Unfortunatly I already got lev.4 Blessing of the Purehearted... and left Ironheart Blessing at lev.1. I'll need to grind to make up for the lost skill points. Everything seems to make sense! Thanks for a great guide!!!! I wish I would have read it sooner.
  • beelee
    beelee Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This was really helpful. So glad Junk put this up. Thanks a bunch
  • beelee
    beelee Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How many differnt classes of clerics are there and what's the difference? I've heard of attack clerics, nuke clerics, support clerics but not sure what the difference is.
  • Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear
    Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hi im a newb to cleric builds, and read a few of the posts, and junks, but want to ask why put points every 2 levels ? im used to playing veno's n bm's, so this will be very different for to play, i would like some help with points, and what armor? ok what i would like to do is still be able heal ppl when i squads, but still be able to survive soloing even in the lower levels,.. in previous post when talking about points what points area is cons, as i said - cleric newb-.. could some suggest a points things for every level, i find only putting points every 2 levels , that later on in levels, when u want ur points to have affect now, not have to wait the next 2 levels for it show affect ? or is the every 2 levels the best a cleric should be or go? .............. thanks in advance
  • Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear
    Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hi im a newb to cleric builds, and read a few of the posts, and junks, but want to ask why put points every 2 levels ? im used to playing veno's n bm's, so this will be very different for to play, i would like some help with points, and what armor? ok what i would like to do is still be able heal ppl when i squads, but still be able to survive soloing even in the lower levels,.. in previous post when talking about points what points area is cons, as i said - cleric newb-.. could some suggest a points things for every level, i find only putting points every 2 levels , that later on in levels, when u want ur points to have affect now, not have to wait the next 2 levels for it show affect ? or is the every 2 levels the best a cleric should be or go? .............. thanks in advance

also i would like to add that i intend to do crafting skills, and have found that when following ppls guide that when Ive made something i dont have certian points in the right thing to wear any or use anything i make ......... than ks in advance......