Character damaged

mth4
mth4 Posts: 2 Arc User
My OlinB character can not use r for skills and it does not show the digging progress bar.
I believe my character may have become damaged.
May have been caused by either a BSOD or client crash both of which has happened recently on the system.
I have tried reassigning the skills keyboard letter but no change and I have run client verify on the system usually used for the character.
I have tried it on another system and the r skills problem has gone on that system.
I also got the digging progress bar. It was right over on the right hand side so I moved it into the center and when I tried on the original system it was visible again but r skill still does not work.
Is it possible I have somehow moved the skills window somewhere where I cannot see it and if so how do I get it back so I can see it.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I'd agree that your skills window and your digging bar were probably moved way off the screen - window and other UI locations are saved locally on your computer so it's easy to fix. To find the files, go to userdata > layout, for example C:\PWI_en\element\userdata\Layout

In this folder you'll see a bunch of .ini files with numbers, the name of the file is your character's ID. The easiest way to figure out which one is the correct file is to log into your character, move something around (skill bar or quest tracker for example) and then log off. The most recently modified file in that folder will be the one you're looking for.

If you just wanna reset everything you can just delete the file - it will be recreated after you log in and out and the position of a lot of windows and such will be reset. If you want to just modify it though in case it doesn't fix things or you don't want to risk other things disappearing, make sure you've logged off your character and then open the file in notepad (if the file is missing, log in and out of the character to recreate it). For the skill window you will want to search for "Win_Skill_x" and "Win_Skill_y" - you can set both of these to 0. If it doesn't appear after that you may need to try some other numbers, as the positioning depends on your window size and resolution I think.

Hope this helps :)
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • mth4
    mth4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for that. I had not realized there were files involved.
    I suddenly realized that I had not tried resetting the graphics settings to the default so tried that and all came back.
    All I have to do now is set them back to how I wanted them.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Oh neat, I hadn't even thought about that! That's definitely an easier solution than the one I gave xD glad everything's fixed now.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com