glorious maint...

yugi2390
yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
So did everyone else's base get locked for this blah? I know my guild had 3 weeks until we needed to get the 1k points again and it's locked. Some people's dailies didn't reset i know as well, so many mess ups for a simple time change....gg

Comments

• cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Same with our guild, we got over 1k points last week and had 750 points before Sunday and now our base is locked. Just wait until they points reset again Sunday night/Monday morning. But hey, they don't care, its obvious because we don't get patch notes anymore. Only person who cares is Heeroy, but he is only a CM and they don't communicate with him.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Same with our guild, we got over 1k points last week and had 750 points before Sunday and now our base is locked. Just wait until they points reset again Sunday night/Monday morning. But hey, they don't care, its obvious because we don't get patch notes anymore. Only person who cares is Heeroy, but he is only a CM and they don't communicate with him.
    He is not a CM. Just a forum moderator. kalystconquerer was a CM.
  • cyberomega45
    He is not a CM. Just a forum moderator. kalystconquerer was a CM.

You better look again. kalystconquerer was an employee for PWI. HEERO200, who is whom I was actually speaking about is a Community Manager atm.
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    Most of factions won't be able to do trials this week due to the fact they couldn't rack up enough funds to open them and some of them lost ALL THE REWARDS from last week cause there wasn't a ******** post about this maintenance and leaders didn't send out rewards in time. PWI ****- OFF
  • pisskitten
    pisskitten Posts: 7 Arc User
    Community Managers are typically employees, Heero is not an employee but he was promoted to Forum Moderator status. Forum Mods are not employed by PWE.

As far as Faction Bases, from what I remember, time changes will always affect this feature as well as any time based events. So it's advised to not do anything that will be affected by the DST maintenance if you are unable to clear quests before the servers go down. Since it is a known issue, OP and anyone who is severely impacted can ticket into Customer Support and request some form of compensation.

There might still be limits to the type of compensation able to be rewarded - see this old newspost for what it was previously https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10879864-merit-compensation-update-and-dst-chivalry-points

You can put additional suggestions in your tickets though, no harm in that.

I would also mention things specifically about trials being unable to be completed and request that they look into checking what rewards should have been awarded (if possible). Things sent though in-game mail can be seen as can completed quests.
  • surekill#1585
    surekill#1585 Posts: 10 Arc User
    this is old from last year

There might still be limits to the type of compensation able to be rewarded - see this old newspost for what it was previously https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10879864-merit-compensation-update-and-dst-chivalry-points

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    HI All,

firstly I see their is a bit of confusion around my activity with PWE. Just to clear up I do not work for PWE and my title is "Community Mod" to sum this up Community Mods are active players that support the forums. We have no control over game decision or operations. I may give my opinion on things on occasion and pass info on where possible. That is the limit Im faced with.

I support the game from this side because it means that much to me that someone tries.

With regards to this it is sadly a known issue that is a direct cause of DST or Time Zone Changes.

ALL bases will have been affected in some way from having the base closed completely to loosing all the points for the week ( this will cause loss of base buffs faction buffs and the loss of some trials) As I know PWE are aware of the problem its fair to ersaw PWCN will know.

I recommend that people affected do a quick support ticket on this, This will raise the problem and make the number of players affected more known

Also note your time for X Server event may change during this time if you live outside of the EU time Zone.

Also on a last note my apologies for not letting you all know, ive been using my phone in the last few weeks for forums which is not ideal. I aslo was unaware that US DST was this week. It will be EU DST at some point so ill check this out and let you know.

Thanks.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    et3rea wrote: »
    Most of factions won't be able to do trials this week due to the fact they couldn't rack up enough funds to open them and some of them lost ALL THE REWARDS from last week cause there wasn't a ******** post about this maintenance and leaders didn't send out rewards in time. PWI ****- OFF

It sure sucks we can only do 5-7 trials for most larger guilds but the whole losing rewards is on you. This has happened every single time change so you d think ppl would expect it.
  • sarahbella6197
    sarahbella6197 Posts: 10 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »

It sure sucks we can only do 5-7 trials for most larger guilds but the whole losing rewards is on you. This has happened every single time change so you d think ppl would expect it.

In the past there would be a warning at least that there was going to be a maintenance. We honestly have no communication from any PWI employee these days. Not everyone lives in the US and so wasn't aware there was DST this past weekend.

Also, remember, there should be another DST maintanance in a few weeks for EURO time change. So this is going to happen again.
  • heerohex#3018
    @sarahbella6197 I normally remember to warn people, sadly this was something that slipped my mind this time.

The EU servers will indeed have this maint tho i think it falls on the 30/31 this time so thats in a few weeks. With this we are likely to see all servers go down for maint to allow for the servers to be set up correctly. By this I mean X Server events. EU server will have its points wiped, All other servers should not be affected by this.

once again
    I recommend that people affected do a quick support ticket on this, This will raise the problem and make the number of players affected more known

Also note your time for X Server event may change during this time if you live outside of the EU time Zone.

If anyone else have any questions ill do my best to answer them

Thanks.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »

In the past there would be a warning at least that there was going to be a maintenance. We honestly have no communication from any PWI employee these days. Not everyone lives in the US and so wasn't aware there was DST this past weekend.

Also, remember, there should be another DST maintanance in a few weeks for EURO time change. So this is going to happen again.

It took them like 2 months after PvP season ended to even announce rewards, expecting them to do anything is kinda naive at this point. So while it would be nice for them to announce these things, like a real company, expecting it is silly.
  • cyberomega45
    I just submitted this to support.

I am part of ********** faction on the Etherblade server. The base is not supposed to close unless in 4 weeks you dont get 1k points in a week. 2 weeks ago we got over 1k points and we had 690 points by Saturday. Due to the time change, our base was closed even though we were not close to the 4 weeks. What makes it hard for us is on of our active members lost her husband and another lost a brother. Its frustrating that our faction and others who don't have 40 people on at all times get punished. I have attached in game where it states "if the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked." Those are the rules you put into the game, we followed them and you because of the time change locked our base and others. Have someone reset the time for all factions to keep their base open its only right. We didn't make the mistake, you did.
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Heeroy, can you get your foot shoved up pwe management's **** with forums so we have important things like maint posts
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Pretty sure I've seen Heero say he has zero contacts with pwe's management these days, so he's as bad off as we are, screaming into the void lately... =/
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • heerohex#3018
    yugi2390 wrote: »
    Heeroy, can you get your foot shoved up pwe management's **** with forums so we have important things like maint posts

O Dear.
    aradriel wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've seen Heero say he has zero contacts with pwe's management these days, so he's as bad off as we are, screaming into the void lately... =/

True to the point at the moment. And it's frustrating for me as well.

If players want maintenance posts I'll get back to it. I just felt it was not helping anyone and the info I had was not great.

I dont mind tho if it's useful for people.

Thanks.