Better to keep updating, or just uninstall/reinstall?

ruuba
ruuba Posts: 12 Arc User
I haven't played in a long time, probably 1 1/2 years or so. Went to update the game last night so I could start playing again. The client has been updating for literally hours, the bottom update bar is loading a ton of things, but the top finished update bar is still 100% empty.

There are no numbers visible showing how many updates there are/how many have finished (it's been so long since I've played that I don't even remember if this game has those) so I don't know where in the process it is right now.

Would it just be easier for me to uninstall the game and reinstall it, or let it continue with the updates?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    If it's been 1.5 years or so then you're probably 4 major updates behind. If I were in the same situation as you I'd probably find it quicker to reinstall the game - it took me a few hours to do and I've got some pretty slow internet. But if you do reinstall I know some people have been missing customization files so you'd have to also verify your files which will take a bit longer...but you could also do that at a later time since the game should still function without them.

As for the progress bar, yeah they never really show you progress until like 1/4 or 1/3 or so - it's a pretty big jump.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ruuba
    ruuba Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for the information! I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled and it took about 45 minutes but it worked perfectly after that!

The only issue I see now is that apparently there were server merges since last time I visited. It looks like I might be missing characters (I can't find my strongest veno that I used to play). Oh well though, I went that long without them so I guess it doesn't matter. Found her!!