Forum Lounge - Anything and Everything on Neverfall

sunnys1dework
sunnys1dework Posts: 33 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Thread's open!

Welcome to our latest forum lounge session! Our topic this time will be anything and everything about Neverfall, in observance of Neverfall-ember month! Where were you when the Neverfall expansion was released? What was your favorite thing about Neverfall? What sinister scheme could the Changelings be plotting right now?

Please remember to order your "drinks" here!

Meanwhile, enjoy some of these hi-lights from our last Forum Lounge session:

"Im not sure which are my favorite. I can mention more that I dislike than I like.. I suppose Lorelei and Peachblossom Ritualist are the ones I find the most pretty.
I have been using Lorelei for total over a year now. She were with me when I was seat set, though I had a shorter breakup with her during my candleflame time. Now im back to using her card again."
  • shopcheese - an epic tale of love, lost, and redemption.

"Astrid, because Astrid is the best empress."
  • catgirldesu - from the Astrid nation's propaganda department.

"I didn't even realize this was going on, but hello everyone! My favorite War Avatar Card is Puppeteer  I got him as my first A card, and eventually finished his whole set. Then I re-birthed that set until one day I got an incarcerate and decided to run WS city set. I'm nuema portal now, but getting that first card set made me get actually serious about playing. (Vyrg, Seeker DA)"
  • womack10 - the origin story, in theaters this coming summer.

"I have the same issue on my cleric. I got all cards, double even, but no Mistress of Night. No matter how many packs I open, it just won't come."
  • ailiadrake - please give thoughts and prayers for getting Mistress of Night.
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
    I just wish that with all these updates, that someone would fix the dang Thursday night fights. It will hang and not teleport anyone into the next round and then it freezes and only people that got to gold get to go to the final room giving noone else a chance. Can't we just have nice things?
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Thread's open!

"I have the same issue on my cleric. I got all cards, double even, but no Mistress of Night. No matter how many packs I open, it just won't come."
    • ailiadrake - please give thoughts and prayers for getting Mistress of Night.

Redeemed that latest code. 5 A packs, 5 A chests, 5 S packs.

And yet...

STIL. NO. MISTRESS. OF. NIGHT!

Anyway, onto topic.
    I don't remember where I was when the Neverfall expansion came out. My memory isn't exactly something to rely on most of the time. Well, I know for sure I was sitting on the couch in real life, but no idea where I had parked my toons when expansion came live. Perhaps they were all sitting around a banker in archo. Either East or South, as I avoid west as much as possible (a leftover from old computer, where it couldn't handle west zone even with the lowest settings) and I just don't like North for... dunno... maybe because it's up the stairs and I'm a lazy person.

Neverfall in itself is ok, I guess. I'm pretty neutral towards it, but I did have some spark of curiosity and wonderment as I explored the land while doing quests. Hate the changeling cave, though, because it's cramped and until china nerfed the mobs in was stupidly insane to get inside and NOT die on the spot. Even with R9 gear...

Though, I do enjoy doing Haspon boss (when I'm not lagging, that is). It's a nice challenge that needs some work rather than just nuking it, but at the same time is doable in a decent amount of time and people won't rage if people die left and right (which happens more than often due to lag, rubberband, lag, horses, mobs, did I mention lag and rubberband?)

Also, as a final thing... didn't the whole Changeling thing get resolved at the end of new culti? With Althea taking charge of Neverfall and welcoming the Changelings as her subjects?
    Or are these new changelings not part of that welcomed group?
    Still clueless here, because I'm just at Royal Sky 2, and I feel no inclination to rushing to next levels. Dunno why... maybe because it feels more like a chore and has no reward to it beside those 25 s packs for Royal 10. If China wanted more sky levels, they should have given more rewards so that lazy people like me are more likely to level it up.

Wow... that's a lot of writing I've done... *grabs water* Cheers!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Where were you when the Neverfall expansion was released?
    Watching an animated series on Netflix called trollhunters

What was your favorite thing about Neverfall?
    Honestly I thoroughly enjoyed the new skills and glyphs they can be game breaking but everybody seems to like new skills coming out so can’t complain. That and it seems to follow the exact same story as Guillermo del Toro’s Trollhunter book/animated series.

What sinister scheme could the Changelings be plotting right now?
    Honestly, seeing how much it reminded me of Trollhunters and how it pretty much follows the book, except with a couple minor concept/name changes, I’d say that we are going to transfer into an underworld like place and face off against the person responsible for sending Natya Veda and starting the story in the first place.

Side note: might want to re-title the forums post
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    "Astrid, because Astrid is the best empress."
    • catgirldesu - from the Astrid nation's propaganda department.

Oh no! They're on to me! egg-20.gif

My favourite parts of the Neverfall expansion were exploring the new areas, testing out the new skills/glyphs and reading the quest line. I'm still sad Rose Commander Candersis died. I have to visit him in Neverfall's City Hall and pretend he's still alive.

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited November 2018
    nunuator wrote: »
    Side note: might want to re-title the forums post

I was thinking the same. Dono if I should but since he is off guess I should.

@sunnys1dework changed the title so it works with the post. It looked like it was closed in progress. Sorry hope you don't mind.

@catgirldesu first line omg made me laugh.

I'll post my go on this later.

Thanks.
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    I had a day off when it arrived and i swear the download was extra slow that day. As soon it was installed i jumped into the action and rushed the pre quest to unlock the ship to neverfall. For a brief moment i got lost around *cough* the city of lost when i was unable to find a coordinate to trigger a pop up that continues the quest. Finally, after some
    troublesome searching and asking other players i made it on the ship and my first impression of neverfall was like , ohhhh
    so beautiful and peaceful but this inhabitants talk really wired stuff.

But for me the best part of neverfall is the introduction of glyphs. I like the idea of modified skill effects depending on what youre up to. Unfortunatly this great freedom failed on the costs of high level glyphs and most people push only one set after level 6 or level 7.

I beat the changelings still have some aces in their sleeves that will give neverfall a hard time. We will trace down the cause for this invasion and defeat them by taking away their power to create new changelings. Because althea got a big heart it wont end purging all the remaining changelings but they will rather been allowed to spend their remaining life amongst us in peace and as equals as long they keep the peace and obey law and order.

• bestdusk#2943
    bestdusk#2943 Posts: 18 Arc User
    When neverfall released I came home and started doing the quest chain to enter NF. In that quest chain there's a part where you ride a boat, I remember literally everyone jumping onto the boat with their character and than falling into the water and being confused. It made me lol.
  • byakko0
    byakko0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Neverfall?
    just 1 simple thing, I love Neverfall city it is beautiful. I hate the mobs even if you are r999 it is hard to kill them.
    the new skills are the best, it helped me a lot in PV and thanks to that I am 105x3.

• hxh
    hxh Posts: 7 Arc User
    I need astrid card, thanks...
  • rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    Neverfall... When it came out was kinda fun, a new place to explore.

A few months later, when the cave of dooooooooooom (Tretais Caverns) was revealed I went in cocky as can be.... and almost immediately died after a few AoEs (SB, ign FlashyHippie of Etherblade)... Ayeeeeeee that was quite the jump in difficulty lol, I had gotten complacent in PVE and this was a good reminder of weaker times xD.
  • mikey442
    mikey442 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I just came back to PWI after a few years. Neverfall was just a interesting experience for me. The farm quest was whoa. I never thought I would be riding vehicles to beat mobs in PWI. The mobs though hit pretty hard since my Veno still has her weak G15 gear. I only got though these quests due my herc.
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    I was nowhere close to PWI when neverfall was released, while impatiently waiting for work to be done i read how my friends were spoiling neverfall for me on skype ! >.<
  • yukseldusk#6523
    yukseldusk#6523 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    hi frineds game very nice but so expensive and hard , new players impossible playing, pls game easy systm :(
  • jyleelee
    jyleelee Posts: 10 Arc User
    The Neverfall expansion was one of my favourite ones to date. I had quit the game on and off for a year or so beforehand so coming back and getting introduced to this massive new area was amazing. I remember being so confused with a friend of mine on the docks of Dreamweaver, not knowing how to board this ship that would take us to the new land but once it did, I was in awe. I don't know, maybe it's because I was so use to the 'mainland' that the idea there was other lands out there in the PWI lore was just fantastic.

Neverfall itself is gorgeous, I love that there is a market district and a business district. I love that there is your little government building where all the important kids are hanging out. I love the little pub off the docks where kids are getting drunk. Donald the Clown was also a funny addition. I love that digging the chest in Thursday's Fight Night gives you the opportunity to make an absolutely massive statue of yourself in Neverfall (RIP wearing a short dress in my statue). The area's beyond were nice too but nothing really compares to the grandure of Neverfall itself. There was so much lore that I spent hours just doing quests, getting lost in the lore, and that's something I hadn't done in a long time in PWI.

The glyph system was also such an interesting addition to PWI. All of a sudden, so many possibilities were introduced to play styles and the possibilities were endless.

I'm still waiting for a new expansion to give me the same feelings as Neverfall did when it was first released. I mean Wonderland was fun and all and the new area in Western Steppes was cute but there wasn't much substance in terms of skills or actual content that meant something so right now it seems I'll be looking forward to when the new classes are introduced.

• jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »

x500 Apacks + x12morai chest and no Locen for me.. hahaha ****. im back to 0 A packs. talk about luck eh? xD
  • ailiadrake

x500 Apacks + x12morai chest and no Locen for me.. hahaha ****. im back to 0 A packs. talk about luck eh? xD

Not sure how many packs I've opened. I've been hunting for Mistress since the release of the card system, so it might be a lot.
    However, I've never tried the Lord of Morai chest. Mostly because I know I won't get the card I need and 300m or so is a lot for a single card.

But man... I feel you. I really, really feel you.
  • federico649
    federico649 Posts: 12 Arc User
    I still remember seeing the Wenham plow quest back when I first took the quest in Neverfall. Ever since I have not been able to stop saying "I'm ready to plow" when I take the quest. *raises glass* cheers to Neverfall! God bless Danny DeVito
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Where were you when the Neverfall expansion was released?
    I'm always near the fridge protecting all my drinks from weird aliens etc. For some reason they're always trying to drink my beer, wine, whisky and other stuff.

What was your favorite thing about Neverfall?
    The train! Just have a couple of drinks and let your character ride with the train. Relaxing!

What sinister scheme could the Changelings be plotting right now?
    If Changelings are plotting something right now it would be something like keeping me away from the fridge by attacking me with a crapload of mobs. It would be surviving in the game or surviving near the fridge in rl. Hell, it would be difficult to choose if I want to survive in-game by killing mobs or let my character die because I also need to protect my fridge and all drinks inside.

O and yes, I ordered a drink on your google docs-page. Seems my character needed a drink too. :)
  • sunnys1dework
    Hey all, just your humble bartender dropping in. Please redeem nFDBiBIA for War Avatar Pack x3 + Ancient Gift x3. This code is redeemable once per account and will expire on 11/30/18.
  • sunnys1dework
    draco5787 wrote: »
    I just wish that with all these updates, that someone would fix the dang Thursday night fights. It will hang and not teleport anyone into the next round and then it freezes and only people that got to gold get to go to the final room giving noone else a chance. Can't we just have nice things?

A bit off topic, but I'll pass this along to get it looked into. Thanks!
  • sunnys1dework
    I second a lot of the sentiment here about how much more interesting Glyphs made the game and changed up a lot of class dynamics. I'll be passing this on to the devs in light of this also being a time we're collecting community feedback. Hopefully we can get them to either expand on the system or create something new with these similar ideas!
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    dont know if im the only one. but since, the Daylight Saving unstoppable maintenance in Tideswell this thing happens:

16laafr.jpg

does anyone notice about this? cheers!! :D
  • ailiadrake
    dont know if im the only one. but since, the Daylight Saving unstoppable maintenance in Tideswell this thing happens:

16laafr.jpg

Not of topic, but yes. I've noticed that too. It happened when mbh icebound was introduced and some of the others were shifted around.
  • sunnys1dework

16laafr.jpg

Not of topic, but yes. I've noticed that too. It happened when mbh icebound was introduced and some of the others were shifted around.

Forwarded to developers, thanks for bringing it up.
  • sunnys1dework

16laafr.jpg

Hi everyone, certain time-sensitive quests might've been affected by the recent DST maintenance. Abandoning and reacquiring the quests, if possible, should resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, the game being from China was not created with something like DST in mind. We apologize for the inconvenience :frowning:
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator

16laafr.jpg

Hi everyone, certain time-sensitive quests might've been affected by the recent DST maintenance. Abandoning and reacquiring the quests, if possible, should resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, the game being from China was not created with something like DST in mind. We apologize for the inconvenience :frowning:

I think there's a bit of a communication error here; the issue isn't with DST maintenance but just with the quest descriptions.

When the the Redemption expansion was released, they swapped two of the BH2 quests around: Lord of Captivation and General Wurlord: Null. They only adjusted the objectives and didn't update the quest descriptions. There's some other quests that have incorrect descriptions, such as the BH quest for Snakefist Guardian.

----

Anyway onto the topic at hand, if I'm not too late :p

The Neverfall expansion was released around the time some of us had discovered the wiki was editable (for those who don't know, pwi-wiki was the original wiki but was uneditable as of several years ago, and then it moved to Gamepedia around 2016 or so). At this point I think I had been learning the ropes for a couple of weeks and was still a pretty far way away from being any good at editing. I've definitely improved a bit since then!

I remember that for quite a few months I would ride the train in Neverfall, so I'd probably consider that my favorite thing. It was pretty comforting to just sit on the train while it sent me around the city thousands of times. I did quite enjoy the quest chain and the area in general was really nice to explore. The setting in the Western Steppes is much more different than the Midlands - it was pretty nice to see that other continents in the game are unique in their architecture.

I also did enjoy finding the little references to certain real-world things in the Western Steppes. There's heaps, but one I remember is "Don't Fear the Reaper", a song that is also a name for one of the quests in the Swords to Plowshares daily. One I recently found were a couple of NPCs near the docks in Neverfall called Zhinu and Niulang, from a Chinese folk tale called The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl. I wonder what other references there are from the Neverfall expansion that I might have missed.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ailiadrake
    obielle wrote: »

I remember that for quite a few months I would ride the train in Neverfall, so I'd probably consider that my favorite thing. It was pretty comforting to just sit on the train while it sent me around the city thousands of times. I did quite enjoy the quest chain and the area in general was really nice to explore. The setting in the Western Steppes is much more different than the Midlands - it was pretty nice to see that other continents in the game are unique in their architecture.

I find that train fairly creepy. Especially at HOW it turns corners. I can understand the limitations of the game, but... I suppose they could have found a work around? or at least lessen the "I'm breaking the laws of physics at every corner" effect.