Auctioneer is ridiculous

daly
daly Posts: 2 Arc User
So i havent played this game in almost 6 years. I got on the other day to start playing on a new character. I enjoyed it until i got to almost level 30 and decided id look for some gear in the AH. I dont understand how this new auction house works. Like theres no way to find anything unless you know specifically what you want .

Does anyone else feel this way, or know if its something im personally doing wrong? Because to me theres practically no narrowing down what youre looking for. Like if i wanted a level 50 chest plate, i can only click on gear and have a thousand things come up that arent what im looking for.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, the filters don't seem to work too well as I tried to search for weapons in general but didn't give any results despite seeing some weapons in there. It's also probably tailored to PWCN's version so it skips a lot of the items we might put in there. It's definitely not that great for people who aren't sure what they are exactly looking for, and that's even harder for lower leveled characters or newer players who aren't too familiar with the equipment they can get in this game. There's always the option of browsing without the filters but of course that's a lot of browsing stuff.

As for finding lower leveled gear, I'm not sure too many people list those in the AH since a lot of newer things can't be traded. There are a few places you can check to figure out what gear you can get. The game's encyclopedia (accessed by pressing Ctrl +3) gives a rookie guide with some gear suggestions depending on level but it is lacking in some gear. The PWI wiki has a Gear Progression page but some of the lower level stuff is missing. There's also pwdatabase which has lists of armors that you can browse, but that list will have some non-existent or retired items in there that can't be obtained anymore.

For now though since you're around level 30 I assume, your gear I think will come from quests, and once you hit around level 50s you can make Quicksand Maze gear out of materials you get from dungeons and finishing certain quests (there's a main quest line at level 50 that will give a fair chunk of these). Some gear also does drop from bosses in the FB dungeons. Around level 60/70 is when you'd probably be able to find stuff to buy in the AH, because you'll be able to access Twilight Temple gear. You can check the forges in south archosaur to find the materials and search for those or search for the gear pieces themselves.

Hope some of that info helps. It doesn't really solve the issue of the AH filters but might give you some idea of what gear to look for. If you do need more info about certain gears I can do a bit more research.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com