Duskblade [Demon or Sage]

frankyztein#1980
frankyztein#1980 Posts: 14 Arc User
I just recently came back from the game and wanted to try the duskblade. I have been asking in my server's world if I should go for demon or sage. I'm planning on going to a PvP path once I have decent but not totally endgame gears. What I have noticed so far when I was asking this question is that, demon gives me more skills with longer cc duration while sage gives me more damage. One person gave me an advice that I should go demon first to get a hang of my cc skills and once I'm good at it, then I should switch to sage. I also did read all of my skill description and I think that sage seems to have more better advantages than demon when it comes to PvP. To add, my friend told me that demon spark gives crit buff instead of interval which kinda sucks because we already have enough dex to cover up for that crit. Anyways, I would love to read the answer you guys are gonna give me and maybe your own explanation as to why sage is much better than demon or vice versa.

Comments

• hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    I dont play DB much so my opinion is more of a casual take on things. Demon offers more CC and because dmg increases of sage were mostly flat dmg iirc, at endgame you really dont see the dmg difference between sage/demon. Utility generally beats dmg addons in this game so I`d say go demon but I know ppl who really like their sage. The gap between paths closed with neverfall update and I dont think short of few diehards you get flamed for going sage like in past.
  • frankyztein#1980
    I dont play DB much so my opinion is more of a casual take on things. Demon offers more CC and because dmg increases of sage were mostly flat dmg iirc, at endgame you really dont see the dmg difference between sage/demon. Utility generally beats dmg addons in this game so I`d say go demon but I know ppl who really like their sage. The gap between paths closed with neverfall update and I dont think short of few diehards you get flamed for going sage like in past.

Thank you very much for giving me your opinion regarding my topic. About the last sentence you said, I did read that there's a new cultivation in which demon and sage are going to merge into one. Does that mean that whatever I path I choose, once I finish that cultivation, I get to have both demon and sage skill benefits?
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Main difference with the skills on db vs sage and certain skills getting merged...

Dragon trap
    sage: adds Heavenflame proc on full cast which on a maxed DB can one shot certain people but most likely not.
    Demon: faster fast easier lock

Settling Ripple
    Sage: useless upgrade think longer freeze or something
    Demon: iron guard affect can’t be damaged while casting, can be used to fully cast or animation cancel it after first hit for movement with the iron guard effect.

As far as sage/demon merge skills there’s really no major change that makes one superior to another. It has no effect on really any other skill merges the only major differences now are the two skills above so up to you.
  • frankyztein#1980
    edited October 2018
    nunuator wrote: »
    Main difference with the skills on db vs sage and certain skills getting merged...

Dragon trap
    sage: adds Heavenflame proc on full cast which on a maxed DB can one shot certain people but most likely not.
    Demon: faster fast easier lock

Settling Ripple
    Sage: useless upgrade think longer freeze or something
    Demon: iron guard affect can’t be damaged while casting, can be used to fully cast or animation cancel it after first hit for movement with the iron guard effect.

As far as sage/demon merge skills there’s really no major change that makes one superior to another. It has no effect on really any other skill merges the only major differences now are the two skills above so up to you.

I think the demon Settling Ripple offers much more flexibility in combat than the sage Dragon Trap. Demon seems to be the promising path for duskblade but I hope I get more answer from PWI community to draw a conclusion. Anyways, thank you very much for putting in your opinion.
    Post edited by frankyztein#1980 on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Literally the majority is demon due to dragon trap and settling ripple. If they later glyph it for neverfall perks than sage would win due to moonchant in all honesty I say demon unless neverfall completely makes it obsolete
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • frankyztein#1980
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Literally the majority is demon due to dragon trap and settling ripple. If they later glyph it for neverfall perks than sage would win due to moonchant in all honesty I say demon unless neverfall completely makes it obsolete

Thank you very much for putting in your opinion, I really appreciate it.
    From the answers I got so far, it's Demon: 2 | Sage: 0 | Either: 1.