New player to PWI.

Options
varrakos
varrakos Posts: 1 Arc User
I am from JD but am losing everything i had there. Anyways, i decided to give this game a try now and see where it takes me, so if anyone can friend me up and help me out as soon as i get it, i will not disappoint.

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    If you are interested in playing a game, which costs more than a car to get to semi endgame nowdays. Game which literally has no support. Game, where all the main events seem to be broken in some manner. Game, which had one of its servers crash 3 times today alone. Then yes, welcome. If not, take your money and time to some other company, this one isnt worth it.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • bootlegger69
    bootlegger69 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Options
    save yourself the headache and aggravation and find a different game to play. After ten years of play and thousands of dollars and billions of coin spent to get to a point where I had a toon I was happy with, they have gone and taken all the joy and fun out of the game to the point of its just aggravating to play and there is no reason to continue.
  • ichigo1555
    ichigo1555 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    Don't waste your time, this game is following JD's path, and probably gonna be closed next year, since arc staff doesn't really care about it.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    Options
    I really do think this OP is one of the 3 users above my comment. Sounds too pathetic to be true, But it might actually be.

But if not, I do suggest sticking around, It's true it was a time that was hard for newer players. But it's more friendly these days. The gear is all but irrelevant now, How much your gear is refined or what shards you have in them, Doesn't matter anymore. It's a stat called Spirit, and if you can get enough, You can be a match for anyone on the server with any Gear.

It's currently two types of sets worth getting, One is referred to as G16 by the players, which is pretty good. But not as good as the next set called Rank 9. But Lets say a refined +2 G16 player would be attacked by a refined +12 Rank 9 one. If the spirit stat did not exist, the g16 user would be obliterated. Or one shotted. However in that same situation, If the +2 G16 Player had a Thousand spirit lead over the +12 R9, The R9 is the one who will be One-shotted.

The difference in prices between the gear, would be like $1000/maybe a little less for a Rank 9 set. A G16 set would cost you about $20, If you go to the right place. But though gold alone, It might be around $40. So in short, the spirit stat is Most important in this game now. To get it high, (3-4k) It's going to either take a year or two, Or Big money (billions).

That's the pvp aspect i guess. Other than that, The best thing about this game is the customization it allows. But, that's debatable.

There is currently a way to earn in game called Nation wars, or XNation wars. You can make easily 20m every week if you were to do just that. They are only on 3 days of the week however. You can buy vitae in the game, (the stuff needed to increase your spirit/sky lvl) At a in-game npc now. Along with daily's.
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    The gear is all but irrelevant now, How much your gear is refined or what shards you have in them, Doesn't matter anymore. It's a stat called Spirit, and if you can get enough, You can be a match for anyone on the server with any Gear.

It's currently two types of sets worth getting, One is referred to as G16 by the players, which is pretty good. But not as good as the next set called Rank 9. But Lets say a refined +2 G16 player would be attacked by a refined +12 Rank 9 one. If the spirit stat did not exist, the g16 user would be obliterated. Or one shotted. However in that same situation, If the +2 G16 Player had a Thousand spirit lead over the +12 R9, The R9 is the one who will be One-shotted.

If and when you understand zero bout math behind the game, dont talk as if you know anything. Assuming 1k spirit difference at the best scenario aka against somebody who has no spirit, you deal twice as much dmg. And take 50% less dmg from their attacks. The kind of spirit gap you describe does not exist in this game. My best guess for that spirit gap would be closer to 100k than even 10k.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    Options
    The gear is all but irrelevant now, How much your gear is refined or what shards you have in them, Doesn't matter anymore. It's a stat called Spirit, and if you can get enough, You can be a match for anyone on the server with any Gear.

If and when you understand zero bout math behind the game, dont talk as if you know anything. Assuming 1k spirit difference at the best scenario aka against somebody who has no spirit, you deal twice as much dmg. And take 50% less dmg from their attacks. The kind of spirit gap you describe does not exist in this game. My best guess for that spirit gap would be closer to 100k than even 10k.

The entire thing and the number in it was a theoretical. Thought it didnt need to be said sence it was implied but whatever. The point still stands that spirit is the most important thing now.

However if your online rebel# 982, you just looking to complain about anything. Goodbye.
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I really do think this OP is one of the 3 users above my comment. Sounds too pathetic to be true, But it might actually be.

But if not, I do suggest sticking around, It's true it was a time that was hard for newer players. But it's more friendly these days. The gear is all but irrelevant now, How much your gear is refined or what shards you have in them, Doesn't matter anymore. It's a stat called Spirit, and if you can get enough, You can be a match for anyone on the server with any Gear.

The difference in prices between the gear, would be like $1000/maybe a little less for a Rank 9 set. A G16 set would cost you about $20, If you go to the right place. But though gold alone, It might be around $40. So in short, the spirit stat is Most important in this game now. To get it high, (3-4k) It's going to either take a year or two, Or Big money (billions).

That's the pvp aspect i guess. Other than that, The best thing about this game is the customization it allows. But, that's debatable.

There is currently a way to earn in game called Nation wars, or XNation wars. You can make easily 20m every week if you were to do just that. They are only on 3 days of the week however. You can buy vitae in the game, (the stuff needed to increase your spirit/sky lvl) At a in-game npc now. Along with daily's.

Omg, this delusional human being again. Show me any any g16 with 1k more spirit than r9 player? You are talking like spirit doesnt cost anything. Spirit shards, cards or good starchart are all for free, right? ahaha...Or without hundreds of time dedicated?

Mathematics behind this game aren"t as simple as you imagine it to be.

Please, wake up.......

You are welcome anytime to visit Twilight Temple and prove your bs. But do not indoctrine your delusional thoughts about this game onto others. It is not nice.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    Wow! We begin with "give this game a try now and see where it takes me" and change the discussion to something for people with little c..ks. Isn't it better to just stay on-topic?

In this case the question was asked on June 3th and has nothing to do with pk other people. Yes, we can write about current end-gear and talk about how much we spend on a virtual character but just think about the time you started playing. What did you do to level up? Why did you spend money? Did you feel better when you spend money on this game? Are you still happy? Well, that sort of things. But then again: this isn't asked. So for anyone who still likes to write off-topic things here is the original post again:
    I am from JD but am losing everything i had there. Anyways, i decided to give this game a try now and see where it takes me, so if anyone can friend me up and help me out as soon as i get it, i will not disappoint.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Options
    What is JD?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    (World of) Jade Dynasty.

PWE announced to shut down Jade Dynasty in 2016 but the game is still playable on private servers. Something like this could happen to our PWI in the future lol... nah... we spend too much money on this game. :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    May be PWE will put together a pack for people coming form games they are shutting down.

Tho JD never picked up like PWI I'm sure we all know the outcome eventually. For now I get told pwi is doing OK on a basis of asking.

To answer the op pwi you need time and or money. I put a bit on every now and then as I want to support what I like. Really check the game out to see what you think.

Your never know until you do. Tho play pve and stay away from serious pvp until your ready. Take your time learn your character and enjoy.

Thanks