[Maint] Server Maintenance 10/9/18 (complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If their is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Todays question.
What is your favorite instance of current and times past. Also give us a clue to why.

I still have a few auto pot 30 days to give out. So I'll give 1 away for the response to this week's question where it strikes me the most!

Will close after maint is complete.

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• bayshmaster#5899
    bayshmaster#5899 Posts: 21 Arc User
    Fb59 was always the best. Especially back in the day when you needed a full squad. LF cleric last spot for fb59😂
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    Best instance was Hall of Deception when pvp was enabled.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    Would also be fb59 for me. I still remeber the very first time I did it. Was on my archer Chasazuma. I remember ofotis (w.e wood name was) being so pretty when I turned the max settings up.
  • pralle#9518
    pralle#9518 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I always liked and still do fb/bh 69, coz it was challenging back then and today its instantly done. before nerfing the flowsilver rewards i liked flowsilver a lot
  • druppyjkj
    druppyjkj Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I like Lunar because it was challenging but not overwelming or to long or gimmicky ( when i say gimmicky i mean traps like Dawn hall or FSP) or puzzles like UP
  • artemis#2494
    artemis#2494 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Lunar glade. Soooooo pretty.
  • goodjob2
    goodjob2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Best is nirvana but useless atm, when will you make it back usefull?? maybe droping astrolab items or glyphs ??
  • cosmicrays
    cosmicrays Posts: 4 Arc User
    I like Abba and Sot before they overhauled it. They feels ridiculous now
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    I agree with most the posters here. And love the use of the word 'gimmicky'. That describes the new instances perfectly. I think most players prefer the older instances, where a player could actually have fun, and enjoy it, as opposed to being one shotted because you weren't in the right place, at the right time, or whatever. There's plenty of other games out there for people that enjoy puzzles and strategy games. Just my .02
  • cura#9866
    cura#9866 Posts: 7 Arc User
    agree'ed lunar and sot. some people dont have hours to play, these stupidly long dungeon are...
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Back in the day I really liked Delta. I had a friend teach me how to do it before I was level 100, back when you used to do it at the eye and not at the spawn point. I used to do the running quests a lot for my squads. I'd even join BH runs before I even hit 100 I liked it that much. It's a shame that nowadays people aren't keen to do runs that take hours but things and attitudes can change a lot over time. Even now I'd probably not be too keen to spend 4 hours in a full Delta.

I'm sure if I had been exposed to it in my lower levels I probably would've liked Alpha/Beta/Gamma too, but surprisingly I never did any of those runs.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • raukovic
    raukovic Posts: 2 Arc User
    My favorite instance in PWI ever is one and only Twilight Temple back in the days when you needed full squad to be able to stay alive there. Oh man...that place in 2008/09 was nightmare. I still remember drumers nasty AOE where BB was a must. But not only that...that place when I entered for the first time was magical and wierd at the same time. =D That combination of mystical music, confusing halls, strange designed mobs and bosses, drops, forges with new green glow shiny weaps for level 60...(omg..must...level up...from 59...to wear that green magic sword..dat dmg *.*)...ah...memories...^.^
  • bananabanban
    bananabanban Posts: 18 Arc User
    nirvana and caster nirvana when you could actually make money from it and TT, again, when you could actually make money from it! Now nothing, because you literally can not make any money from any instances... or not enough anyway.
  • deathoverwrite
    deathoverwrite Posts: 4 Arc User
    Adventure Kingdom :D who can say no to freebies
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    Twilight Temple. I loved it when we have been doing 3-3 with TT90 green gears and spent many hours to finish it. That was a real challenge. Countless deaths, infinite rage/laugh.

Then sin class came out. It turned to be a solo cave, done in few minutes. I loved that too. I was able to farm tons of money and spend time alone.

These times are long gone, but will always make my heart wavering.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2018
    I see servers are up. So entry's closed.

So thanks for all the comments I'll be contacting the winner Friday. Today.

I look forward to reading them all.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    My favorite is IBU and sadly its damn hard to get a squad together for it. Its 15 minutes of fast paced fun. Of old hmmm probably nirvana, although i cant say i am sorry that the old aps craze died :pensive:
  • heerohex#3018
    I think its only fair I answer this question as well.

So my favorite all time Instance has to be Caster Nirvana! - I did countless Caster Nirvana nights ( Doing back to back runs with many people ) and with the faction I was in at the time. An instance that catered to the Casters only as APPS had really taken over at that time.

My Current Favorite instance has to be IBU! - Yes it hard to put a squad together, But when your going its a fast paced instance that has an end in 15Min so it dont mean your at it all night. In fact your prob spend more time putting a squad together than running the instance!

So ill announce the Winner of the Auto Pot 30 days!

It was a tough call and many of the reasons you like the caves where well remembered and made me think O YER that was that cave! One point however stood out to me and really made me think "I remember those days" and was also true to that instance.

So Congratulations to...
    hamid80 wrote: »
    Fb59 was always the best. Especially back in the day when you needed a full squad. LF cleric last spot for fb59😂

Thank you everyone for your time posting I enjoyed reading them!

Thanks.​​