[Maint] Server Maintenance EXPANSION UPDATE! 18/09/18 (Complete)

Options
heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

EXPANSION - Perfect World International : Redemption
maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.
In the Past with content updates it has started earlier!

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11000253-patchnotes-–-redemption-content-update
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4~ hours, (The past content Updates servers have been down longer and earlier.) so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Todays question.
10 YEARS! What was your best / Funniest / embarrassing moment in PWI?

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    This song goes out to you. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/OBwS66EBUcY
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    My very 1st toon was a BM..had him fully geared in AA gear! I didn't know any better! That was on Heavens tear server! You can imagine his stat build lol
  • pralle#9518
    pralle#9518 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    one funny moment i had way back was when i turned lvl 85 and picked quest from npc in fc big room after boss was killed....mobs were'nt xD
  • tigga0083
    tigga0083 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    [MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE EXPANSION UPDATE! 18/11/18 (OUTSTANDING)

^ is this date a typo?
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    If this maintenance is similar to past expansion maintenances, it will probably start an hour or two earlier than the normal maintenance time.
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    My funniest moment, well more like time, was when I first started playing. I started with a cleric and did not know that I could use spacebar to fly up and there was no autopath either, so I would tilt back as far as I could and hope for the best, I got stuck in walls and such all the time. I didnt discover the spacebar until about a year into gameplay and it was purely by accident. This game was my first MMO and so I was an extreme noob.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    tigga0083 wrote: »
    [MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE EXPANSION UPDATE! 18/11/18 (OUTSTANDING)

^ is this date a typo?

O Dear.

Corrected .

Thanks.
  • dapsy#9554
    dapsy#9554 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    WTB patch notes
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Servers are now down, time for the long wait. Last time they put the patch notes in a news post at midnight PT so hopefully we'll see something in an hour.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • alcantara9
    alcantara9 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Game is down now...

yet no patch notes.
  • ziina
    ziina Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    RIP my internet, the rapture has hit and I may never return for a few years while it updates.

s/o to At&T wifi
    Etherblade - Damasia

Player since 2008 gimmie that senior discount.

• obielle
    Options
    ziina wrote: »
    RIP my internet, the rapture has hit and I may never return for a few years while it updates.

s/o to At&T wifi

Haha yes, I think I'll also be waiting a few years for the update as well. Shoutout to slow Australian internet :'(

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    Morning all.

I'll try to get patch notes if they don't post them.

Thanks.
  • ziina
    ziina Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    ziina wrote: »

s/o to At&T wifi

Haha yes, I think I'll also be waiting a few years for the update as well. Shoutout to slow Australian internet :'(

We can get through this together, all us with the worst wifi ever. We can make it into the update by 2022 together.
    we-can-do-it-together.gif
    Etherblade - Damasia

Player since 2008 gimmie that senior discount.

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    Your find patching faster or slower depending on server load as well.

I also find a hard line is faster or moving your computer or laptop closer to an AP will help.

Other than that not much else you can do.

Thanks.
  • mikkeed
    mikkeed Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.

Thank you Heero for trying to do everything you can to help us keep the players informed about what is going on. I think it is so fkn rediculous that the Employees at Perfect World can't even take the time to update its players on, updates, patch notes and other info that is useful instead of being left in the dark...

Kalyst's boss need to get their head out of their **** and actually do something useful for the people that care about this game, or get someone who will...​​
  • obielle
    Options
    Yeah I've got mine on a cable since my computer's wifi adapter wasn't working too well.

I'm guessing the patch notes might appear in about 30 minutes via news post. If not I can help with finding some patch notes. I have some of PWCN's notes on hand that should help piece them together but they are giving us a few bundled updates in one so might have to hunt the rest of it down.

• jennifer#8625
    jennifer#8625 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    why the game isnt updating ufff :/
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    At this point, we haven't had patch notes for over 3 months, even the patch notes post in the news is from May, almost 4 months ago. The person who took over for Kalyst was supposed to be doing the patch notes too but haven't. Considering this is a major expansion they've been hyping up in the news posts, we should have patch notes, but considering it's been 3-4 months since we've had patch notes, I wouldn't expect to see any official patch notes this time either. PWI has gotten to a point where it doesn't seem to care if we're kept informed or not, let alone willing to listen to the playerbase. PWI probably doesn't care anymore if this game lives or die, even though there are atleast 4 or 5 other areas for them to unlock on the big map at some point. Since this is a major update, best to expect there to be new bugs as well as stuff added or missing that either were or weren't mentioned in the news, considering how past expansions went and without someone around to listen and connect directly with China, it will probably take a bit longer to get stuff fixed. If you encounter a bug after the expansion, be prepared to send in a ticket and hopefully if enough of us complain about major bugs in the expansion, they'll get around to fixing it before the next major patch.
  • obielle
    Options

• scarecrow828
    scarecrow828 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for the Patch Notes!!
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    I'll update main post in a few.

Thanks .
  • cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    A moment...
    One time I was playing a new male human (can't remember the class), this was before the new beginner areas, and decided to swim in the river between Thousand Wood Ridge and Avalanche Canyon. I did a town teleport while still in the river and ended up in the town in Avalanche Canyon. Died so many times trying to reach the river. Dodging mobs that blended in with surroundings was challenging. Eventually did succeed. I learned that males couldn't be carried, because I did try that, and baby toons can stumble far.
  • obielle
    Options
    Looks like the new patcher is available, and people should be able to start patching now.

Let's see how long it takes for mine to finish up hahaha. At least I can keep busy by updating the wiki with all the new stuff.

• heerohex#3018
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yer Im patching now.

Hopefully wont take long.

nice to see some of the story's coming in as well. Keep posting them!

Thanks.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Took me a little less than 30min with ~50mb download speed.

I cant think of any stories right now. Im a snotty in bed atm.
  • obielle
    Options
    I've seen people saying anything between 1-1.5 hours, so probably like 3 hours for me hahaha. At least it's better than the Wonderland expansion.

• cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    I started patching soon as maintenance started and have already finished.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Im at around 50% about 30 Mins in now.

So about an hour I guess for me. Tho with other people adding in it may take a bit longer?

So any guesses who the Guy in the background is with the red eye?

Thanks.​​