When arc quests will back??

danilo#4237
danilo#4237 Posts: 62 Arc User
Why no one talk about it?
There is no notes about it...its gone 4ever ?

Comments

• eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Why no one talk about it?
    Why no one talks about it?
    Most likely 'cause most of people who read and post on this forum are either whales or endgame rich people, so for most of people here is completly irrelevant. Reality is that most of the people that is more casual and full f2p are long gone from pwi, both the Publisher and developer have made everything in their power to make this happen.

I call this the "Soon™" strategy: They remove something that they feel is being abused or that it help ftp people, then they either give some lame excuse or don't say anything at all. After that they promise to bring the feature back or replace it with something better very soon™ (which means never :D )

Finally they wait till people either forget about it or lose interest and they win.

So to answer your thread main question: When ARC quest will be back?

The answer is most likely never or at least when pwi is long shot down, after all pwi is not the only game in arc so they can still use it for other games in the distant future.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    Sorry I dont have any news on this.

To be fair I was hoping Multy Client will be working by now. Hey Ha... as things go.

Thanks.​​
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    Most likely 'cause most of people who read and post on this forum are either whales or endgame rich people, so for most of people here is completly irrelevant. Reality is that most of the people that is more casual and full f2p are long gone from pwi, both the Publisher and developer have made everything in their power to make this happen.

Wrong answer for danilo. People who play PWI and use this forum simply can't answer because they don't know. The question shouldn't be asked in this forum but directly via Perfect World Entertainment. They don't need to give an answer so good luck with that. You could also try to ask the question via Arc Forums > Suggestions (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/arc?byNode=true#/categories/arc-general-discussion if you use a normal browser) but even in that forum PWE has some kind of lack of interest.

• eeepsilon
    sjampie wrote: »
    eeepsilon wrote: »

Wrong answer for danilo. People who play PWI and use this forum simply can't answer because they don't know. The question shouldn't be asked in this forum but directly via Perfect World Entertainment. They don't need to give an answer so good luck with that. You could also try to ask the question via Arc Forums > Suggestions (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/arc?byNode=true#/categories/arc-general-discussion if you use a normal browser) but even in that forum PWE has some kind of lack of interest.

Not really a wrong answer as you are saying. It is true that there are still a few people that is ftp on this game, also it is true that more than a few probably lurk this forum and just as you say they most likely can't answer the question due lack of info. However that does not change the fact that the core base of pwi is either Big spenders or end game rich ftp people, this of course also apply to most of the people on this forum. And among those people, something like arc quests is irrelevant. A big spender charge money like crazy and a rich ftp person in game like merchants, just buy from a casher.

Also the second statement that I made about the feature probably never coming back for pwi, while is nothing more than a conjeture, it is not far from reality, after all it's been months since they removed it, and considering how many games they been shoting down during the last time, plus the complete lack of interest pwe shows in pwi I don't see them bringing something like this back so easily. Also keep in mind they did this before with the DQ system.

Now to be fair with PWE I can think of 3 possible reasons of why they removed arc quest but again these are nothing more than conjetures:

1)PWE is telling you the true, and they really want to improve arc quests:Nothing to say in this case, they are the best company ever… Don't we all love them? o:)<3:D

2)The shot down of other pwe games: If they shot down other games like WOI, BOI, Swordsman, JD and soon Gigantic, they need to remove those from the list for obvious reasons.

3)Abuse from player base and potential abuse from third party boters/coin sellers: Now, I know that pwi is just one of the many arc games, however after pwe removed basic multi client from this and other games, the bots in pwi didn't go away, in fact I would dare to say that there is even more than before. They even use WC now with Little to no consequences. There is of course the chance that this coin Sellers just haked the game files and they just loging in like in the old days. However if they are login with arc… Well it would be pretty obvious why pwe removed arc quest, after all the same people that is using bots to destroy the game and ruin their business not only would be able to do this with pwi, but with all the other games on arc, remember that arc quest does not give gold, it gives points that can be traded for cash currency on the arc game of your choice.

Even if nothing of that was correct, there is the fact that people openly admitted on this forum that they and/or their Friends got baned for farming arc quests with multiple accounts:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/comment/12756085

Now if it was case 1 or 2 you may see arc quest back really soon, but if it is the 3rd option, I am pretty sure it will never come back again.

I guess that just as you say the OP can try to get an answer from arc section of the forum, still I would not have high hopes on that, after all even on this forum which is more active than a lot of the other segments, the CM doesn't even reply the threads that she created herself, so I would not really expect an answer from them, at least not an honest one.

Also we have to keep in mind that we are talking about PWE and PW China here, companies that even try to force people to buy g15 now, with the amount of sheningans these companies pull in order to drain even the last cent from their players, giving a few golds for free would be a contradiction to their natural behavior.. :D
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    I suppose Arc Quests was removed because it failed to motivate us to play new games.
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Hmm. There was a system before arc quest you that allowed you to earn zen. A lot of phone games use it now, so .. idk maybe they would go back to something like that.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'm lamenting the decline of this old game, and MMOs in general.
  • sjampie
    Old game... ****... I'm still loving it. Too addicted to the game.

Also for goldfinch47: yup, I'm f2p and still visit this forum. :D
  • raven#3594
    raven#3594 Posts: 1 New User
    I came back after 3 yrs and I am not a f2p and I do like to play this game I would like to see PWI do something about the arc quest or just think about the small guys for a change instead of always thinking of the money they can gain off the rich/f2p players because believe it or not you guys are not the only players that plays this game and contrary to belief this game shouldnt have solely centered around you guys as if you are gods or something...ijs
  • danilo#4237
    sjampie wrote: »
    Old game... ****... I'm still loving it. Too addicted to the game.

Also for goldfinch47: yup, I'm f2p and still visit this forum. :D

yay now it's being interesting
  • eeepsilon
    There is this other game from another Publisher (not gonna name for the sake censorship :D ) which have a system that release every day a code with free stuff. Also next to the code there are offers for the cashers on their website, this way people who want free stuff is always browsing the game website and of course the offers for those who want to spend on the game.

Usually the free stuff that said game gives is nothing really that great, as example they usually give stuff like timed fashion, or items that are like a +8 bounded orb from here, or 3 days premium service among other stuff. However now and then they put a code that gives a very small amount of their cash shop currency.

In my opinion pwe could do something like this with their games. Sadly however, we are talking about pwe here, the level of greed and lazynes in this Publisher is waaaaaaaaay too big to do something like this.
  • sjampie
    edited July 2018
    Well... Arc 5.0 would be here soon (see/read the news or watch the screenshot: Arc quests will be back). B)

edit: (for below): correct; for now we have an advertisement that tells us to spend some money... like always.
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Well... Arc 5.0 would be here soon (see/read the news or watch the screenshot: Arc quests will be back). B)

In regaurds to Arc 5.0 I have both looked at the screenshots and downloaded the new client, as far as I can see there is nothing there inregaurds to 'Arc Quests' :P maybe it will be bk in Arc 7.0 xD (years away if ever)
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I haven't got any other games installed on Arc now, but it might be possible that what's shown in the screenshot might only apply to some games and might not be Arc Quests. Someone else might have to confirm that though. For PWI the "custom news" part is there but it's just covering Moby Rich, Star Rewards, and the patch notes for the content update from a while back.

As for whether Arc Quests might return, while they did claim they would eventually return it seems unlikely. A lot of people could get gold for pretty much free and could do it on multiple accounts (if they didn't get banned) and it wasn't really serving its intended purpose which was to encourage players to play other Arc titles. I wouldn't think it'd come back unless they could find an effective way for players to benefit from it without them abusing the system.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • danilo#4237
    you guys talks about "abusing the system". IF the game has how to farm coins for f2p players this was not a problem. The problem is when they removed all and escuses is always the same, absuing the system or prevent for third site coins sellers.
  • danilo#4237
    For what these arc updates if do not bring arc quest ?