Mount:Festive Rocking Toy Horse

rMeaN4I.jpg
    Post edited by misskitty19871 on
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    VHv7zgT.jpg

THEME : A PWI Mounts Medley for the Holiday <3
    Mount Inspiration : PWI Mounts (Arena, xTW Mounts, and existing Cloud and Kirin Mount) also the movie Frozen.
    Mount Class: Dragon. Because dragons are cool!
    Type: Flying Mount since we don't seem to have a flying dragon in game. (Not that i know of). So, why not have a big
    magical dragon fly around our beloved PWI for Winter. Let it snow!!!!!
    Art Medium: Mixed Media (Photo manipulation for a rough look of how it should be and ofc SKETCHES)

Note:

-This mount draws inspiration mainly from the Arena Mount in the server and also from the other dragon mounts that we already have. Although this mount is supposed to be bigger than the Arena mount, it will also look a lot less intimidating.

-The mounts body will be frosty white and icy and its face looks serene.

-The antlers were inspired by the character in the movie frozen called Sven.

-The jewels or snow droplets are also inspired from the movie when Sven got tangled up in the frozen vines.

-Rather than a mythical creature I would like to refer to my mount as a winter spirit thus the calm approach and less color on the color palette.
    • Mounts Body will be pure white
    • Antlers will be gold
    • Clouds/Fog/Snow will be white
    • Sparkles will be golden/silver
    • A tiny hint of blue glow to add some cool temerature effect.

-One thing that differs the mount from the other existing mount in the server is that this one won't be walking/running. With full speed this mount will be flying since I believe dragons cover more ground when on air.

-As described, the mount will sit down after 30secs if not being used.

-While on walk mode, the mount will walk on all fours.

-Run mode will make the mount fly.

-The player will be sitting on the mounts back or shoulders/back of its neck.

-Credits to the owner of the photos used on the entry. Thank You for the resources.

-Sven Reference :smile:

BQhkKyq.jpg

Post edited by iamtearsh on
    x9YPRak.jpg

• bandoglavko
    bandoglavko Posts: 1 Arc User
    Snowy The COOL-The Skating Snowman

Carries a player at his back,fast skating movement.

8ajp578.png
  • kotsonatos1
    kotsonatos1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    LUMINESQUE-Etherblade

aDCvT52.png

Post edited by kotsonatos1 on
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Asterelle - Twilight Temple
    ZchIl8w.png
    ​​
  • xariblastum
    xariblastum Posts: 1 Arc User
    WlNGLESS-Etherblade

Mount: Rainboweyes

iM7aqL7.jpg
  • zelenizel
    zelenizel Posts: 2 Arc User
    FINALCUT-Etherblade

f2T7SF5.jpg
  • dupegolo
    dupegolo Posts: 1 Arc User
    marineblue-etherblade

9fI0aoP.jpg
  • muskarcina61
    muskarcina61 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    babbylino Etherblade

eg8qe59.png
    M7jfz6X.png
    wIUtjs9.png

Post edited by muskarcina61 on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello everyone!

We're extending this contest until JULY 6TH, since there was some confusion on the end dates for this.

Be sure to get your submissions in by then!
  • blesavlud
    blesavlud Posts: 1 Arc User
    character:LordDias
    Etherblade

ki4Xk7X.png
  • chibichi
    chibichi Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I hope to create a truly revolutionary type of mount unlike anything currently in the game; not another beast-type mount with four legs that you sit on top of, or another carriage-type mount. This mount is shaped unlike anything currently in PWI, but still has realistic dimensions that should be possible to design. I hope you can enjoy this cuteness overload!

Share a special time with a fluffy hedgehog to get in the holiday spirit.
    Deliver presents and special homemade gingerbread to all your friends!
    • Has over a dozen winter-themed details (glowing Christmas lights, mistletoe wreaths, holiday treats, presents, and more!)
    Floats along the ground like a hovercraft, leaving a trail of frosty sparkles in its wake.
    While idling, hedgehog takes a sip of his hot cocoa and wiggles his snout contentedly.
    • Donut frost glazing can be dyed different colors with pigments.
    • And just imagine bumping into each other like bumper cars! :D

5l8t9t7br

How could it look like while moving, here is an example:
    LiteHawk-Ranger-RC-Hovercraft.gif
    (I don't own the .gif)

Post edited by chibichi on

• bloodiuz#8955
    bloodiuz#8955 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned before on other mount contests but I'm going mention it anyways.

I' just going to say sorry if I happen to offend some certain players and staff along the way.

Let's be honest here, all the mount contests that happened before this one always have the same thing in common. The players who won were the ones with the artistic and/or digital designs and not with the simple and/or paper drawings. Clearly, it's going to be obvious in the end who will be the winner of the contests. Unless, I'm wrong with my opinion, feel free to give your own opinion.

I consider myself to have a decent art skill, enough to be better than simple and/or paper drawings but not on par with the artistic and/or digital designs.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned before on other mount contests but I'm going mention it anyways.

I' just going to say sorry if I happen to offend some certain players and staff along the way.

Let's be honest here, all the mount contests that happened before this one always have the same thing in common. The players who won were the ones with the artistic and/or digital designs and not with the simple and/or paper drawings. Clearly, it's going to be obvious in the end who will be the winner of the contests. Unless, I'm wrong with my opinion, feel free to give your own opinion.

I consider myself to have a decent art skill, enough to be better than simple and/or paper drawings but not on par with the artistic and/or digital designs.

This is not entirely true. Yes, digital mediums are more generous and pleasing to the eye, but they definitely did not limit it to that. The PWI logo design contest (which I believe was 2 years ago?) was won by someone with a traditional pen and paper entry.

rejkPzH.jpg

The previous anniversary mount contest won by Yvillis was also a traditional drawing if I remember right (although it might have been colored digitally).

The Easter egg contest also had quite a few winning traditional entries: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10507063-pwi-easter-egg-design-competition-winners

And if I were to dig up older art contests, I'm sure I could come up with further examples. I don't think they have a preference between traditional and digital mediums. As long as they are both done on the same level of skill, they have equal chances of winning.

No offence taken though, just wanted to make some fair points that might change your perspective a bit :)
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • greenliquid
    greenliquid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Good morning all
    Darkdrink - Dawnglory
    have a nice day

1- Motorized sledge of the Mighty Noel-
    2-Lord of candymen-

xbe2bc.jpg
    dh7t4x.jpg
    2uqdopw.jpg

Post edited by greenliquid on
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    350jubt.jpg

Chryso
    Tideswell
  • madimadi16
    madimadi16 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Good job ppl,keep`em coming ! We need more posts to get rewards
    Post edited by madimadi16 on
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    fvy52r.png
    If I had known before how many bring in a ferret idea here, I would have let it be well. But now I hear the birds chirping again and realize I've spent half the night trying to put something on paper.

The Christmas carriage with white ferret.
    From Schmendrick - Dawn Glory
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    UndeadOfficer from Tideswell server
    mountname Greenland Sharkwalker

2nqbhjm.jpg

Now to find a way to use this mount also in the water :)
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    This is not entirely true. Yes, digital mediums are more generous and pleasing to the eye, but they definitely did not limit it to that. The PWI logo design contest (which I believe was 2 years ago?) was won by someone with a traditional pen and paper entry.

I submitted 2 entries for that contest and suspect it was my digital one that actually won, even though they didn't specify it monkey-47.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/VR2CUtD.jpg
    But I agree, that quality is quality, no matter what material you use. Great job can be done with chalk on the pavement. People just tend to exaggerate the "easiness" of digital and often think that if it's drawn on PC, it's good by default.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • gogasya
    gogasya Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's like a bike, but a snowbike
    -Very convenient way to travel
    -Very easy to clean
    -Very good and honest manufacturer -PWI
    -Looks very nice
    -Does not harm the natural environment and the dragons
    G2R2Gt0.jpg

• anthony#3944
    anthony#3944 Posts: 2 Arc User
    For the end of the year, a mount of the new beginning: Ouroboros

Race: Dragon
    Movement: Rolls forward (the saddle is a floating folded Lucky Coin, and static)
    Idle Emote: Plays with the Dragon Orb in his right paw

I5pcG7E.jpg

Ghostfall Tideswell
  • gnsys
    gnsys Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Character : Gnsys
    Server : Dawn Glory
    mount : Ice Dragon
    Ice_Dragon001.jpg

Post edited by gnsys on
  • d3athbr1ng3r
    d3athbr1ng3r Posts: 1 Arc User
    Character: DQSnob
    Server:Downglroy
    Since the upcoming year is the Pig Year I present you The Happy Piglet
    2i5e08.png
  • purplegypceros
    purplegypceros Posts: 13 Arc User
    Character: ArchShinryu
    Server: Dawnglory

I noticed the winter celebrations have been lacking something very special, KRAMPUS! So here's a krampus Mount, fitting I think, he has horns like most of the other winter mounts, and he can have a snowy gale effect over him too!

krampus_mount_by_gamegoat96-dcg61sn.png
    I also wanted to do a version of him where he was more sheep-like rather than goat-like, even had a whole bunch of sheep puns prepped and he was gonna be sooooo fluffy, but the time was not permitting, plus the pic was getting pretty big already...

*"Children" includes but is not limited to adolescent creatures, adults, pets, monsters, other Krampuses (Krampi?), mounts, rocks, trees, rivers and streams, clouds, GM's, buildings, bits, bobbles, bed, bath, beyond, the kitchen sink, your future, your past, your hopes and dreams and chocolate pudding.
  • cora#3996
    cora#3996 Posts: 2 Arc User
    AbeSeek
    Tideswell

Living Gingerbread Cookie Dragon

xGFEwDu.png
  • purplegypceros
    purplegypceros Posts: 13 Arc User
    yknow what? I read over the rules and there isn't one against multiple submissions so I'm bringing back my last entry from a previous competition!

I refuse for this piece that I worked so hard on have its legacy be proxy voted out by terrible haxxors!

mount_entry_final_winter_vrs_by_gamegoat96-dcg6wl5.png

Given a wintery twist the Celestial-Faux Dragon makes its long awaited return! A little colour change here, a little snow particle effects there and viola! Still beautiful no matter what colour and theme its in!

Character: ArchShinryu
    Server: Dawnglory
  • backupdusk#1468
    backupdusk#1468 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Character: Ailiva
    Server: Tideswell
    Mount: Lady Christmas ( a female Ent)

olJu3Im.png

Movement: Bipedal, huge steps. Holds the rider in the hand (see example below) Movement Example picture belongs to mediakarousell

lord_of_the_rings_treebeard_the_talking_ent_with_pippin__merry_hobbit_toybiz_marvel_enterprise_inc_1_1501920355_57a2cf3f.jpg
  • kolavil#2390
    kolavil#2390 Posts: 1 New User
    > @kalystconquerer#0876 said:
    > Summer is about to be in full swing – so what is this chilly contest doing here?
    > We’re looking for YOU to create a wintery themed exclusive mount.
    > Start : 6/13/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    > End : 6/29/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    >
    > EXTENDED - 7/06/2018
    >
    >
    > A forum thread will go up so you can post your entries (You Are HERE!) – be sure to stop by the Official Forums when the contest kicks off!
    >
    >
    > Rules
    > [*]Please ensure that your mount is winter themed in some way. The more seasonal it is, the better!
    > [*]Entries that have been submitted in previous contests can be entered, but they must follow the theme of being wintery or Christmas themed.
    > [*]No copyrighted materials or designs that are not done by you will be accepted. The only exception to this is if you create a variant of an existing PWI mount or monster.
    > [*]Designs must be fully rendered in the medium you chose.
    > [*]The more details you add to your submission the better. This includes – having multiple poses (front and back) or sketches of mount movement.
    > [*]Incomplete submissions or submission lacking in basic information or that do not look “finished” will not be considered.
    > Mounts will be selected by PWI staff.
    >
    > Community
    > The more entries we receive, the more rewards will be unlocked for the community!
    >
    > 20 Entries – War Avatar Pack C x5
    > 45 Entries – Ancient Gift x5
    > 50 Entries – War Avatar Pack S x3 + 50 Event Gold
    > 100 Entries – War Avatar Pack S x5
    >
    > These prizes are cumulative – meaning that if the community submits 45 Entries total, everyone will receive War Avatar Pac C x5 and Ancient Gift x5.
    >
    > Prizes
    >
    > Winner
    > Choice of ANY mount currently in the game, including unreleased mounts! (Excludes Mounts with any copyrighted names or designs)
    > A FREE copy of the mount you designed when it debuts in the game!
    > Choice of one of THREE powerful items – Neuma Portal Chest, Crown of Madness OR Emperor Tome.
    > 50$ Free Zen (or region equivalent)
    >
    > 1st Runner Up
    > Choice of ANY mount currently in the game, including unreleased mounts! (Excludes Mounts with any copyrighted names or designs)
    > A FREE copy of the winner’s mount when it debuts in the game!
    > 20$ Free Zen (or region equivalent)
    >
    > Good luck PWI players!
  • caror
    caror Posts: 11 Arc User
    DivertecX
    Etherblade Server

Mount name: Knit: The Pole Spirit

2a6lamh.jpg
This discussion has been closed.