PWI Pseudo Membership

arcadia47
arcadia47 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Suggestion Box
So let's get down to details.

Pwi already has constants that ongoing players often have to buy frequently. This being smilies, charms, auto pot, tele stone etc.

What I am suggesting is a membership or even just a boutique stone in which takes care of a few of these issues and streamlines the constant currency that is pulled into the game .

So of course the price could range from 5-15 gold dependant on the amount of utility implemented.

-Charm shortage
I would hope an item that essentially makes the charm horror of higher geared peeps *cough* barbs *cough* A non worried issue could also have positive effects on the pve and PvP content in the game equally. Essentially if there was an infinite charm people would be more open a about testing their face tankiness or different squad configurations because hey it's not gonna be a coin drain after each instance. It would also insite more PvP due to less loss.
The truth is people will always use charms, but people will also always be hesitant to lose any of their charm in wait for things like tw.
TLDR: Infinite charm= people do stuff.

-Smilies
Pretty straight forward. People like smilies, let's roll it into a monthly payment with other goodies.

-Auto pot
Already also a constant purchase that people shell out gold to others for.

-Tele stone/free Tele
A nice premium feature that makes getting place to place (exiting an instance), alot smoother. Alot of people already buy these. The little things add up ya know?

Now this is a premium service on a FTP game. And I know how people look at these kinds of things as being a p2w feature, but these are already things people buy separately every day.

The membership stone could in essense boost the activity on each server by a large margin and also increase revenue. It may not be a huge number by itself but if it's so useful that people are compelled to get it I can only assume it would add up. Charms aren't even the reason people open packs anyways so not like it changes much in that regard.

It could also be decent item to sell with gold if people want to go that route.

TLDR:
1.utility item-30 day
2.infinite charm
3.infinite Tele
4:Auto pot
5.smilies
6.????
7.profit!?!
Post edited by arcadia47 on

Comments

• b0nb0n
    b0nb0n Posts: 3 Arc User
    :) good idea
  • mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    I like this idea too
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• wishes8
    wishes8 Posts: 9 Arc User
    This could be implemented as a pack which could be brough with maybe 2~3 scales:

1 week long
    1 month long
    3 months long

these being for smilies and auto pot.

For the charms though, they would sersiosly ncrease the price of this pack item same with the unlimited teleport stones.

For can already get tons of teleport stones from rw, as well as really big charms from xnw (but only last 2h) [removing this 2h on this charm would be epic though, + it uses up mats that can only be spent on mounts]

• arcadia47
    arcadia47 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well the issue in regards to charm is the assumed cost of charms.

When plat charms came out people average hp hovered around 5k-7k HP. So it would last quite a bit. Now I am aware of the new charms that people can get with higher hp pools but they are still a limited resource and prone to being worried about

(IE: I would help out a fac mate clear SOT but I'm an archer who doesn't benefit from bp so it's straight charm/pot loss).

An unlimited charm through the purchase of a dedicated item rewards you for essentially continuing the flow of money into the game without gouging you for packs or selling gold every week just to upkeep charms.

It's not meant to calculate the Constant cost of charm usage on a high tier player because that pack would cost like 100g. Or possibly zero, because any player with over 30k hp knows the pain of a charm tick. And they are just sitting around like lawn ornaments now.

(Also the Tele stone part is just kind of an extra neat incentive. Not of high value but it's useful).