Crafting Materials

Options
terralyth
terralyth Posts: 2 Arc User
I have been playing since 2007 and haven't found anything that seriously bothered me in game until now. It seems that the gathering process and drop equations for materials required for making items has been either tampered with or altered so that certain items that are dropped by known monsters are not available unless of course you are the ones who have **** the drop ratios and frequency modules. For the rest of us mortals attempting to manufacture anything that requires mid or high level materials that are drops becomes almost impossible unless of course you go to the shops who sell them and have a over abundance of these materials. I don't and didn't come to play this game to line the pockets of other players who may have **** the game. I like the mundane processes of gathering and making items and other parts of the game. It breaks up the monotony of always fighting, but when I have to purchase materials at 100 times the normal cost (not the in game npc cost even) then it takes the fun and play-ability out of the game. I contacted the game itself and they said there is little they can do for me and suggested that I come here and pose my questions to you all. I have studied the Database and Encyclopedia and they have the model for what is available and the frequency and probability of the drops. Using these I have been trying to gather things like Oils and Leather and other dropped items to no avail they never drop. So, My question is: Does anyone know how to fix the drop Rate and frequency that has been corrupted or **** so that it works correctly with the database and the encyclopedia?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    There's a lot of things that affect drop rate effectively, and one of them is the level difference between a character and mob. Even being 3 levels higher than a mob can affect the drop rate, so when it comes to lower leveled mobs your best chance is to have a character around the same level farm the materials if you have one. Other than that I don't think you can do much to affect the drop rate except wait for a 2x drop event.

I'm not sure if they've adjusted the drop rates over the years but mobs in general don't have a particularly high chance to drop items at all - some of them even have like a 60-70% chance to drop 0 items. And then IF it drops an item the chance of it being a material is fairly low and you're more likely to get a DQ material instead. Those combined with the level difference thing can make it pretty difficult to get items at times.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Options
    When I needed leather I farmed the monsters on Widow's Coast. But it takes a long time... no way around it.