PWI at it again, faction bases lost

Options
2»

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    It's been noted.

We have passed info to them. This was based on player feedback.

Thanks.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    PWI = Problem World International
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    Along with stealing the bases and all the other problems which never get fixed, is a money sink I will no longer pay for, I'll stay in game only because I have a faction which loses players daily as a 105 105 105 player and $5-7K in the game spent logging Arc everday to see only charge,charge,charge is pretty sicking to me, when you people fail to make the game fun,my R9rr toon wants to fight not go to the Cirus and ( yes I asked her) lol. Yes to the others we worked to open the base yes we got the base opened woopie, no one wants to continue this weekly battle to open base and can't get even points for different things like trails, this base is at best for large Tw factions.We basically paid for a game and are now discrimnated against PVE people who just want to have fun in the smaller factions without the heavy handed attitudes of bigger factions meaning requirements for them to follow or be kicked. The samll factions are fun ( should I say were) and at least we had our bases,so they could get arrows,pots,and use the Resource Mangaer to get Bloods to use in NW"s , they still go to Rw even though the NPC is LOCKED in the BASE at least move him!!!!
  • killroywashere
    killroywashere Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Its been log enough I'd like to hear from PW on what they are going to do with regards to the locked faction bases? Are the smaller factions just s@#t out of luck about thier bases our are you going to unlock the bases so we can have access to them again. I'd really like to know.

So PW will move my post and burry it here and not respond typical
    Post edited by killroywashere on
  • killroywashere
    Options
    Its been log enough I'd like to hear from PW on what they are going to do with regards to the locked faction bases? Are the smaller factions just s@#t out of luck about thier bases our are you going to unlock the bases so we can have access to them again. I'd really like to know. And I made this post earlier and all you can do is move it and burry it in anohter post but not answer?
  • killroywashere
    Options
    I don't know why you keep putting my post here its not the same thing. I am talking about the smaller factions that don't have enough people to unlock them, what is PW going to do for use or are we just plain s**t out of luck
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Its been log enough I'd like to hear from PW on what they are going to do with regards to the locked faction bases? Are the smaller factions just s@#t out of luck about thier bases our are you going to unlock the bases so we can have access to them again. I'd really like to know.

So PW will move my post and burry it here and not respond typical

Kalyst has already commented on this at a few different points. The below quote is from February 5 (and to my knowledge, is the most comprehensive reply she's given on the issue), and cites an email she had directly with CN. From the sounds of that reply, it doesn't look like anything's changing in base structure or requirements, but anything's possible I guess and I certainly don't speak for them. I remember Kalyst saying in another thread that she was going to attempt to obtain a list of all of the merit that factions acquired, assuming the data hadn't been purged, presumably to offer folks rewards based on it. I don't believe she ever updated us on that point, however.
    For Faction Bases - I sent an email off to CN asking a few questions about the faction base stuff here is what I asked -
    1) If an existing base is locked down and the faction does not complete the 1,000 loyalty points, is it locked forever?
    2) How long will existing bases be locked for?
    3) If a new base is created, does it get locked down?
    4) If a new base is created, do they need to get the 1,000 Loyalty Points per week?
    5) If an existing base hits 1,000 Loyalty one week, then does not the next week, does the base become locked until they achieve 1,000 loyalty points again?

this is what I got in response
    In our new expansion version, the faction Merit has been taken away for good, will not be recovered.

After the release of the Wonderland version, all faction bases will be locked. Factions who had faction base before will need to gain 1000 loyalty points to unlock the base. Factions who had no base can use 30 Perfect Notes/ Loyalty Stone to exchange for Faction Base Contract to open the base, no need for 1000 loyalty points.
    If the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked. It requires another 1000 Loyalty Points to unlock it during the week.
    The 1000 loyalty points is to judge the activeness of a faction.

So to answer the 5 questions:
    1. Yes, it need 1000 loyalty points to be unlocked, or it will be locked forever.
    2. Forever, if the faction hasn’t gain 1000 loyalty points.
    3. If the new built base hasn’t gain 1000 loyalty points for the last four consecutive weeks, yes, it will be closed on the fifth Monday.
    4. Yes, it need 1000 loyalty points to maintain.
    5. If the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked.

Maintaining an active faction is key.

I did a follow up to confirm the old merit does not work and is there access to the items that were tied to the old monolith System. They confirmed that those items were available and that the old merit is no longer needed for those items.
    So for availability of the items themselves, they are all still in the Faction base and have been relocated. For the Merit itself being gone, it presents a bigger issue.

Justice Dragon Jade -> Divine Justice Stone = certain materials at Faction Merchant Rabu outside the base and the Faction Merchant Rayu (Faction Exchange option). Justice Dragon Jades are from Chivalry Points, or what was the old Merit System. Right away, you can see the issue of people who've stocked up Merit on the old system and if it carried over 100%. This means that newly created factions and not as active factions would inherently be disadvantaged, compared to the players who farmed their merit over years and those who have stored up merit (this also could explain why existing bases were locked, so that everyone starts on the same page). From a design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to carry over an old currency gained from a different formula onto a newer system with a different gauge on time versus rewards earned.

However from a player's standpoint, it tosses aside alot of the hard work that was built up over time. So the next steps were taking is seeing what can be done without dramatically unbalancing the new system in place. If we can come to an equitable solution then I'll communicate that when it happens.

For Faction Goals Difficulty - These instances are where most of your end game content starts happening. I can suggest them to add goals in a future update that would take into account other instances that would target BH 100 selections, but this won't go into effect ( if at all ) for awhile.

Faction Squad Buffs - The rift (layoffs) happened during the time period that this was being checked. What was written was word for word from the CN Patchnotes provided to me. EXP/Spirit/Vitae buff for those who still need the EXP and Vitae gain isn't horrible and is a boost from the baseline (bonuses), but is not an accurate descriptor of what would constitute a "power buff" if we're taking it in the vein of actual stat boosts. Any changes to squad make up like this in the future will be investigated to get more detailed explanations on what they mean.

For any major reworks of existing systems or instances I'll be more vigilant in asking for specifics, but keep in mind I'm not going to ask a million and one questions for each person's specific experiences. The approach going forward on my end will be to assume anything that says "overhaul, rework, fundamental changes" will mean to not expect any items, special currency, mechanics or otherwise to be carried over.

Say for example, if Twilight Temple or Nirvana Palace would be overhauled, I would not assume Ultimate Substances would work in opening it, or that boss mechanics in Nirvana would be the same unless it was explicitly noted otherwise. This is not saying that these instances will be changed fundamentally 100%, but in case they change older parts of the game in the future, I'll be keeping that in mind.

Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Its been log enough I'd like to hear from PW on what they are going to do with regards to the locked faction bases? Are the smaller factions just s@#t out of luck about thier bases our are you going to unlock the bases so we can have access to them again. I'd really like to know. And I made this post earlier and all you can do is move it and burry it in anohter post but not answer?

Your post was not uniqe enough to credit it to having it's own thread when another active thread with the same topic already exists. this is why it got merged.​​
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    Ironic that since talking about Facebook and all our help is there, they have been blamed for using peoples private information to sending to policitians ect...and where else? Think at least 50 mil Facebook users have been cybe attacked.
  • xniklaus#5730
    xniklaus#5730 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    well, any solution to our 1 week lose of trials rewards? i guess u guys gona give at least 1 code
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    Ironic that since talking about Facebook and all our help is there, they have been blamed for using peoples private information to sending to policitians ect...and where else? Think at least 50 mil Facebook users have been cybe attacked.

Kind of off- topic, but still you are making an interesting point.
    I have to say however that in facebook particular case part of the blame is on their own users.

Facebook was designed as some sort invasive and addictive data collection system. Even one of its co-founders: Sean Parker, admit it at some point.

True is that a lot of other web sites can obtain data from their user too. Facebook however goes way beyond that, being able to make people give them a lot of info on their own will.

So if lets say something like google will know some of your personal tastes, your location (if you use a phone with google and gps) + some other stuff with the main objective to put ads based on those tastes.
    Facebook goes way beyond that: being capable to collect who you are, where do you live, your personal likes, who your Friends and family are, what is the exact relationship with them, their tastes, your and their locations, the places that you usually go visit, your college and workplace plus a lot of other info.

And as I said before, pretty much all the info the users give to them, is on their own free will. All this just with the lame excuse to stay in touch with their friends or socialize with others, even though is actually make said users less social.

The point I am trying to make is that the fact that Facebook was used for what you are saying should not be surprising, since they been doing that since ages, with who knows what even more shady purpose.