TIred of errors?

teabagg
teabagg Posts: 1,082 Arc User
Have you been getting those random game report bug game error screens that pop up from time to time while playing,or even popping up many times a day while playing?Its not the game..soon your computer will start doing blue screens and each one could be a different error code.FEAR NOT..its your ram stick/port,not the game.I had 16 gigs of ram and was experiencing alot of error bug reports,later on with blue screens so i checked my ram 1 by 1 and narrowed it down to a stick or its the port on the board itself so i have nothing in it now and havent had a bluescreen of death nor and report bug error screen since!And thats going on 2 months.

so if your having prob just check your computer ram..and yeah it can happen even if its new.
autobotsign.gif
Im the best sig maker ever..ijs.

Tagged:

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I agree. People rage at PWI so much...but the client is actually pretty stable these days.

I roughly have 1 client crash at max every 3 months. Memtest, Prime95 and many more programs can help you find the true culprit behind the crashes. Since I am a hardware geek, I optimize my Hardware to be at least 24hours stable under maximum load, if it's not, I will adjust until it is. Overclocking and Undervolting isn't a factor for that, I do that yes, but even if you buy a new PC..the standard settings can already be messed up and need to be checked out.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    All good under Windows 7.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    All good under Windows 7.

Bad RAM has absolutely nothing to do with what OS you're running.
    Nor does PWI have anything to do with having bad RAM.

And what joe is mentioning is a bit over the top, you shouldn't have to check your RAM with every crash of something you experience, nor will it help you find the "true" culprit behind the crashes unless it really is faulty RAM. Which most of the time it isn't.
    If you want to find a true culprit most of the time, you're going to have to look into event logs and crashdumps.
    If there's anything related to memory errors there, do a memory check. If nothing there makes sense for you, then do a check or let someone else check it.

Also when buying new hardware, it is wise to check your hardware so you can return it if it's faulty.
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Blue screen means you crashed all the way down to the kernel?
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    RIP, PWI