Faction Base Questions

Options
Yea.. so we have a faction base. Has anyone made a video or text tutorial walkthrough yet for what to do with the thing? I keep seeing toons running around archo that are HUGE or tiny... I heard that can be done in the faction base, but no clue how? I have heard there's a way to activate other quests other than just reading the old man's story, but no clue how to activate those either. The added information in game is severely lacking, and/or totally wrong.

If you've made a tutorial, I'd appreciate the link to it :) I'm pretty sure others would too! Thanks in advance!

I don't bother asking pwi for this, because I've come to the realization that they just don't care about us anymore. No offense to those that may work for pwi that do care... there are some, but very few.

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Since the large/tiny character isn't mentioned on the wiki at the moment, will briefly say that it's possible by activating the Blessings of the Tree faction talent. Fruits will spawn near the Spirit Tree in your base where you can take a quest once a day. There's a possible 5 outcomes that can happen regardless of which fruit you take the quest from, it's random which one you get:
    1. Your character becomes large.
    2. Your character becomes small.
    3. Your character becomes drunk, making the screen blurry and also makes the camera move around on its own when moving or jumping (also if you click on a spot on the ground your character will never ever run to it)
    4. Your character turns into a figure with a cloud over its head that seems burnt from being struck by lightning. You end up moving pretty fast I think from this as well.
    5. Your character actually gets the EXP/Spirit/Vitae buff.

EDIT: Derped and didn't read the second bit with extra quests. I don't think there's any other quests that I can think of other than the extra Faction Goals which you can get with Faction Talents, or the extra keys you can get from also activating Faction Talents (I think tier 2?) But I'm also half-asleep so might have forgotten something.

The page mentioned above does contain a fair bit of info on how the faction base works and there's also a video at the bottom of the page that should help as well.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks! There's some kinda jumping quest in there too that I heard others talking about in another faction. I'm gonna guess it has to do with activating the correct talent as well. Kinda still a shame that pwi doesn't tell exactly what each does, but I'm glad we decided in my faction to do the campfire one (as far as extra exp and vitae and spirit goes).

*added after viewing page and video* I have seen this page, and the video before.. both omit the types of things I'm looking for information on, however. But thanks for the effort :)
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    If you have any further questions about the faction base you can ask here and I'll be more than happy to answer. Unfortunately with the wiki page it can be difficult to include everything because of the length of the page, but I can always add to it if people are looking for certain pieces of information. I'm sure that players want to know more about the Faction Talents, which I'd like to add to the page but haven't yet.

I have not heard of a jumping quest in the base, I can only think of three things
    1. They were referring to jumping on each fruit that appears in the base when Blessings of the Tree is activated. When jumping onto the final fruit at the top, a bunch of fireworks will come out and the remaining fruits kinda fly around the base. The fruit at the top gives the same quest as the others though.
    2. They were referring to some Adventure Kingdom related quest where you have to jump on some platforms. I guess it'd count as a "jumping quest" but not base related.
    3. Something to do with the Faction Trials, which I don't really know much about since my faction hasn't done them.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    No worries.. I'm still holding out hope that PWI will fix this mess they made with the faction bases and the STUPID requirements they have for us to make. Its all just insanity for them to pretend that we're playing with people in our factions from even CLOSE to the same time zones, and can run instances in large squads. They need to fix it or make it Perfect World Same Time Zone.. instead of Perfect World International ... :(