Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Ill just take the time to remind people that excessive account creation is monitored by the system.

If you have any cause for concern please ask me for a private message on my Wall.

Thanks.​​
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    Could you give a concrete number of what you consider to be "excessive"? Is it 5, 10, 20, ...?
  • heerohex#3018
    @sawyers

Below is the info.
    • You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

The Full Post is below...

Thanks.
    Hey guys,

For a long long time, ever since PWI was first released in fact, we've always had the rule that you could only run one PWI client per machine.

The reasoning behind this rule was the fact that running more than one client could not be accomplished without editing the game files, and editing game files was not allowed.

This led to many players running PWI on a second or even third computer, usually to be able to run a cat shop while their main account actually played.

Some time ago, the client itself changed, and running multiple clients was possible without editing game files. For consistency's sake, we did not modify the multi-clienting rule, and what followed were a lot of questions as to its validity, now that the original reason for it no longer applied.

Well, we've talked about it, and we've come to a new set of rules for multi-clienting. It should be easier to follow, easier to enforce, and it will help level the playing field between people with one computer and people with multiple computers.

So here we go:

• You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

• You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.

If you want to keep one leveling account and one vendor alt account, that's fine. You cannot, however, actively level two characters while having a third account to act as a shop alt. We will be actively enforcing this.

This new policy is in effect starting now, however, we will continue to refine and improve upon this, so this policy is subject to change. Read on for examples that may specifically deal with your situation.

*Example: If you're a family of 3 playing PWI, then you can have 2 accounts for each member of your family. You WILL have to prove this though if we notice any suspicious activity from your household.

*Example: You can actively have two LV 65 Barbs grinding on HT Server on the same computer, but no vendor alts online.

*Example: You (as an individual human being) cannot have 3 accounts active, it doesn't matter if you own 3 or 30 computers.

*Example: You cannot have two characters leveling at once if you also have a shop alt logged in.

Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.

Thanks!
    ​​
  • sawyers
    edited February 2018
    Thank you for the fast and helpful answer. Limiting the account number to 2 basically means that no "new" F2P player will ever be able to play pwi competitive, but I guess that should not be my concern... as it is just one of many reasons for that.
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    sawyers wrote: »
    Thank you for the fast and helpful answer. Limiting the account number to 2 basically means that no "new" F2P player will ever be able to play pwi competitive, but I guess that should not be my concern... as it is just one of many reasons for that.

Well considering the fact they're once again enforcing this rule like in the past I'm sure they'll put something in place or make changes so that the game will once more become user friendly to new F2P gamers, back then we still had the DQ points system with in game coin value , who knows maybe we could be seeing the return of that after all these years ...

F2P players could of sustained their toons back then on one main account farming DQ drops efficiently there wasn't really a need for multiple accounts .
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This post was made in 2011 yet for the past 7 years most players have either no idea and never find out, or they violate said rule for years and hear by word of mouth that there is a vague forum post by a long-retired name on some dead forum that says more than x accounts isn't allowed. A forum post from 7 years ago that may or may not have amendments made to it is not satisfactory notice to players of an enforceable rule or term of service.

How do you expect players to abide by the rules if they can't locate them? Same goes for tw rules.

Make this a clear statement in the terms of service, and post a notice when creating new accounts so that players are aware of the rules.

Poor sawyers here thinks that new players are in for it. Little does he realise if he started playing in the last 7 years and has more than 2 accounts they are actually forfeit too since this was posted in 2011.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I'm sorry but those rules are as stated previously merely guidelines. If someone is abusing "several hundred past the guideline" then those people will be dealt with - that is the laymen version of it.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    sugarplumfairy#3892 Posts: 13 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    Ill just take the time to remind people that excessive account creation is monitored by the system.

If you have any cause for concern please ask me for a private message on my Wall.

Thanks.​​

I am curious as to how all of a sudden extra accounts even enter this??? you didnt care when pill baby codes...among other give aways....yet all of a sudden its an issue? how does that even seem plausible to you lol

idk what to say really but its like leap pad with reasons and excuses
  • sawyers
    we all know that if this rule would have been enforced, pwi would be offline today as for many years there is no way of "farming" with one character and update by update the possibilities in doing so are getting reduced. but well I am only here for chatting but somehow I miss the old days xD
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Maybe it's only just dawned on them that implementing the Jolly Jones NPC is one of the major reasons why they've notice mutiple accounts from the same IP as he really and truly did became the reason as to why most F2P players make so many accounts in order to earn coins sufficiently in the game's current state and have now decided to take steps to reverse that by either bring back something old or putting a new method to help crub the need too make as many accounts.
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    edited February 2018
    joj is long there and people have joj armies created from long back it is no new thing tbh....as for them thinking oh wow need to get rid of this menace of a few free coins daily too...along with the long list i wont even start on of reduced drops and reduce items to 1 coin value....if they did not limit the earnings the f2p community use they would not limit thier player base......as it is the f2p must rely on boutique items regardless of whether coins are earned ingame or out in order to get end game items.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    joj is long there and people have joj armies created from long back it is no new thing tbh....as for them thinking oh wow need to get rid of this menace of a few free coins daily too...along with the long list i wont even start on of reduced drops and reduce items to 1 coin value....if they did not limit the earnings the f2p community use they would not limit thier player base......as it is the f2p must rely on boutique items regardless of whether coins are earned ingame or out in order to get end game items.

Hence the need to put a system in place or bring back reasons so F2P players won't need to make multiple accounts and adhere to the 2 account per system rule while being able to buy from the Cash Shop Merchants who will in turn Boutique Cash Shop in order to restock their supplies on a regular basis providing PWE with that cash flow income they so desire...

Achieving the overall goal here which is to reduce the amount of accounts being created by a single player

All my posts on this discussion thread have been made upkeeping the "dual clienting" rule in mind because I knew about it from years ago and I have been able to still maintaining my F2P aspect of gameplay And yes I do own more than 2 accounts but it was clarified and oked back when the rule came out via a ticket to support but honestly I'd be quite happy not use those accounts if I no longer see the need too.
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    As many people stated in the past sadly this game is dead now for the ftp players.

From what PWE said a few days ago the whole forced arc thing it is not related to Jolly old Jones and it is also not related with Coloseum abuse that some people did. I can guess that it could be something that implies some sort of security breach, either server or client side.
    To be honest this whole forced arc thing does not affect me, it just annoy me since I dislike arc, still I can understand the people that lost their accounts, I even know a few that can't login anymore due old email system being shot down long time ago.

For me at least this game has been going down since more than a year now, I have to say that one of the things that I liked about PWI was the cross NW, but now it seems way more dead.
    I know that there are some people that love the new base stuff and all I can say is good for them. But reality is that a lot more of people did not like the fact that they got locked from their base, and sadly the reply that PWE gave to them about this problem looks like a punch in the face to me. And even after that they do this whole arc thing. There is not much to say about all this really.
    I am not even mad about it since I am semi retired from pwi, but all I can say is that after looking at how the game turned in to a "pay to almost anything fiasco", I would not recomend this game to anyone and of course I would not recomend any game from this publisher. And it really saddens me to say this, since I really loved this game world,the system and the whole game in general, even with all the bugs, bad engine and flaws that it have. But I honestly think that there is a limit to everything and it is not worth to keep beating a dead horse.

• sugarplumfairy#3892
    edited February 2018
    Well I am a player of many years who has quit as have my friends due to these changes.....as the player base depletes they stay silent....it is beyond a joke really its an old game with old accounts....the player base frustration continues to build and?

Where are the mods who ask us to support them right now?

It is a working day right?

Yet Kaly is still AWOL
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    You can not ignore abuse of free item code from multple accounts to pull that card when it suits your deck.......im afraid life doesnt work this way
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Were it not for our nebulous "culprit" and whatever exploit they were using, there would be no reason not to bring non-Arc logins back and be done with it. But it would be just like PWE to hide behind that explanation long after the actual problem has been dealt with. Frankly, the only reason I believe that there is a culprit/exploit at all is because even PWE isn't stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot like this for no reason while the community is still reeling from the faction base issue. Then again, with surtr gone, a management shake-up could totally produce an ill-advised foot-shooting situation, so hell, I don't know anymore.

Do you really believe this story of a culprit?

The only thing that comes in mind is how the people involved in creating this lie for their customers will put this in the future in their resumes when that company ends.

• zeevhaora
    edited February 2018

Hence the need to put a system in place or bring back reasons so F2P players won't need to make multiple accounts and adhere to the 2 account per system rule while being able to buy from the Cash Shop Merchants who will in turn Boutique Cash Shop in order to restock their supplies on a regular basis providing PWE with that cash flow income they so desire...

Achieving the overall goal here which is to reduce the amount of accounts being created by a single player

All my posts on this discussion thread have been made upkeeping the "dual clienting" rule in mind because I knew about it from years ago and I have been able to still maintaining my F2P aspect of gameplay And yes I do own more than 2 accounts but it was clarified and oked back when the rule came out via a ticket to support but honestly I'd be quite happy not use those accounts if I no longer see the need too.

JoJ should never exist ingame. Some people argue about low level toons need some coins. Well, this would fix easily if regular quests give it to them, when done it, no?

About PWI be friendly for newcomers... what a joke. Look all chain from lvl 1 to endgame and all time and money need to it. Also, how fun is experience while leveling and upgrading and how all these low level toons can fell involved for game features! Cant even help their factions to up a base anymore! PWI was supported for old loyal players with friends and love this game. Each expansion, each pwi 'new' is more and more from those players debanding.

Sad )':
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Can you guys stop with the JOJ - that was already stated not to be the issue. And it was introduced as a compensation to the playerbase for how "****" PW became once they removed like 4 different types of money making items from the game simultaneously. So its there for a reason.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    You know what ill share an idea here...

What do you guys think? And ill have to split this off I expect but hey.

What about if DQ drops where able to be converted into a Currency for Fixing Gears and other things. I can think of a few other things this would work for but im going to keep to myself for now.

Im toying with the Not Trade able tho. Im yet to find a way that works for the New guys and not Merchants?

Any Ideas?

Thanks.​​
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018

What about if DQ drops where able to be converted into a Currency for Fixing Gears and other things. I can think of a few other things this would work for but im going to keep to myself for now.

Im toying with the Not Trade able tho. Im yet to find a way that works for the New guys and not Merchants?

Any Ideas?

Thanks.​​

I would say just bring back the coin the value of the DQ drops atleast if players weren't questing/squading they would be farming DQ drops yes by doing so the risk of bringing back the autobotters comes into play but think about it which is better having multiple accounts being created on a daily basis or 1-2 accounts from the same computer auto botting for DQs via ARC

I know for sure this ARC useage thing isn't going be disbanded so might as well take it into consideration
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Any Ideas?

Thanks.​​
    Maybe they should do that thing they promised and implement an alternative to the DQ point system.
    How long has it been?
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• heerohex#3018
    Well I don't think we will ever see this revert back to coins. May be this new arc thing will prompt it. Who knows.

The same is prob true of a DQ system.

Tho odds are. To be fair I think the community could come up with the answers. Some have in the past .

Your both rite tho this arc and lack of multi client adds a new odd to this.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Any Ideas?

Thanks.​​
    Y'know what's a good currency for fixing gears? Currency.

Blame the botters if you like, but the issue here is actual coin and it always has been. Unless you're proposing we can also exchange DQs for gems, teleacoustics, gear crafting fees, homestead maintenance items, teleports/illusion stone, the learning of skills, and a million other things, then DQs will remain useless.

I agree with you that the community proposes some good ideas, and that every once in a blue moon they get listened to. So let's have the community focus on the actual problem, which is that there is no way for F2P people to farm coin (unless you count Jones abusers). I can think of several good ways to do this which cut off the Jones abusers and the botters without harming F2P players.

The problem as of late is that even the devs seem to be operating on the assumption that F2P players having money is more a bug than a feature.

zeevhaora wrote: »
    Do you really believe this story of a culprit?

The only thing that comes in mind is how the people involved in creating this lie for their customers will put this in the future in their resumes when that company ends.
    Do you have a better explanation (one more nuanced than "PWI is greedy")?

I'm not saying I specifically believe or disbelieve that a compromise occurred, but that's why we need more information. I will say that if there was some kind of a breach, it would be just like PWE to take advantage of that to crack down on legitimate non-Arc use.

And unfortunately for Kalyst, the longer she and the staff wait, the more explosive the immediate response to her next post will be. This is the same trap frankieraye always fell into, and around here, you don't want to be compared to frankieraye (although the irony is that frankie comes off as much more reasonable in that repost from 7 years ago than any of the staff do today).
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • zeevhaora
    edited February 2018

Any Ideas?

Thanks.​​

Stack still more trash in bag? A simple revamp of quests to players use it, go in adventures (this is still a rpg, no?) and get exp and a some amount of coins. Like this game used to be.

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Although it take a complete revamping of the system they could introduce a Fishing Life Skill - the items caught could be sold/NPCed for a good amount of coins , redo the drop rates and kill off the old crafting system have bosses drop special tokens both in Solo mode and Squad modes that could be traded for needed gears, gems, skills and whatnot at an Npc without making it tedious , allow your quests to give back a decent amount of coins , implement a Guild trade run system that rewards both coins and exp with Loyalty pts

these are just some of things I've seen in other MMOs
  • iamanalt#3534
    iamanalt#3534 Posts: 6 Arc User
    something to add to the discussion is... those russian coin sellers are not solely jolly coin dudes... i hear from a source that they abuse keys system... .. perfect example is the rinse repeat.. if they spend 1k usd. .. somehow the keys system and the rewards system itself is making them get around 10k usd worth of coins to sell. funny logic... they wont really be gone as long as they have ability to multiply their coins via game PAY TO WIN MECHANICS ITSELF.... something to ponder upon... since literally they existed even if they killed off every coin making in game.... and they still wont get ban.... coz they still charge every now and then to further increase their seed money in the game... thats why i still have russian spam mailer on my in game mailbox this week. another thing to add.. since they open packs and keys. raising the base value of the perfect token of luck and lucky coins even helps them get even more money.....and raise their multiplier to x20 (theoretical profit calculated with 10k and 150k base values) they wont be gone coz they are immune to the system.. pwi is even helping them get more coins..
    no matter what we say in here doesnt really matter coz they have the final say on this stuff. imaginary culprits and what not. one thing is for sure.. im not coming back. thanks for the many years of playing. vindi and echo . both my toons are gonna go bye bye. tc everyone.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    Stack still more trash in bag? A simple revamp of quests to players use it, go in adventures (this is still a rpg, no?) and get exp and a some amount of coins. Like this game used to be.
    This is a good start, but we'd need reliable endgame coin as well. The simplest possible way would be to make low-end BH100s worth doing by including a static amount of coin in each one. I'd say put a single Ecstasy Card in each low-end BH100 reward. High-end BH100s could have two cards. Then remove coin cards from the random reward selection to keep it balanced, but reliable.
    Although it take a complete revamping of the system they could introduce a Fishing Life Skill - the items caught could be sold/NPCed for a good amount of coins , redo the drop rates and kill off the old crafting system have bosses drop special tokens both in Solo mode and Squad modes that could be traded for needed gears, gems, skills and whatnot at an Npc without making it tedious , allow your quests to give back a decent amount of coins , implement a Guild trade run system that rewards both coins and exp with Loyalty pts

these are just some of things I've seen in other MMOs
    I will categorically oppose the removal of any legacy content like the original crafting system (what does this have to do with DQ/coin anyway?). The devs did more than enough damage in that regard when they removed most of the original 1-20 content in favor of that awful newbie area with a completely disconnected plotline, and basically removed all the legacy molds below lv60. The last thing this game needs is more bulldozing of what made it great to begin with.

Making a faction-based coin reward is a decent theory, but it runs into problems in practice. Would it require an open base? Or a loyalty point requirement? What about people in small factions? What about people who prefer to remain factionless?

The fishing thing sounds novel, but I can see people making bots for it pretty easily, unfortunately.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • zeevhaora
    This is a good start, but we'd need reliable endgame coin as well. The simplest possible way would be to make low-end BH100s worth doing by including a static amount of coin in each one. I'd say put a single Ecstasy Card in each low-end BH100 reward. High-end BH100s could have two cards. Then remove coin cards from the random reward selection to keep it balanced, but reliable.

Yes, ofc. What reason to players exploit that exp pill in past? Enjoy pwi with another class? =D
    The last thing this game needs is more bulldozing of what made it great to begin with.

Considering path this company follow, I bet they will look it as great idea! Ruin still more pwi!
    Making a faction-based coin reward is a decent theory, but it runs into problems in practice. Would it require an open base? Or a loyalty point requirement? What about people in small factions? What about people who prefer to remain factionless?

The fishing thing sounds novel, but I can see people making bots for it pretty easily, unfortunately.

People cant play in a multiclient anymore.
    Factions look now for low level toons as useless.
    Less factions acepting low lvl toons.
    Less people start to play pwi.
    Old pwi players still remain more cause friends and a feeling about no abandon their toons after all time and money invested, but each new thing cause more debanding.

Think all this ideas nice, but came late.

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    I don't think the botting problem would ever easily be solved, in regard to low end Bh100 instances whats gonna stop players from doing 8x100 on both accounts or more just for the coin reward But whatever steps are being taken to crub the problem I just hope the F2P players don't have to feel the side effects of it like they've always done.