Assistant Wang Tsai - NPC Broken

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can turn in my level 4 Minister Dual Swords? They were given from a quest and I can't get rid of them, they are taking up space in my inventory and it is very aggrivating.

There is a message that says you can trade them with Assistant Wang Tsai for items, but when I talk to the NPC he only acccepts the Minister Dagger and Minister Scythe. What is going on???

Anyone know or can this be fixed PWI. Thank you.

Best Answers

• kingsunseo#5891
    kingsunseo#5891 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    That doesn't have anything to do with this issue at all.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    Answer ✓
    you need to click on the item to the Right and that should be the correct item.

All the items convert to Perfect Stones like Ive said you just have to find the right item.

Thanks.​​
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    The item exchange is definitely available on Twilight Temple. Nene also posted an image from the Twilight Temple server - I see a couple of faction's names on there that are definitely from our server.

You need to click on the other pictures of the Perfect Chi because there are multiple exchange options. Below I've attached an image that shows which one you need to click on. I'm seeing this on Twilight Temple server at the City of the Lost Assistant Wang Tsai. Click where I've circled on the image and you should find it.

ITIHUAs.png
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com

Answers

• heerohex#3018
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/recipe/5900

This shows the item should be their.

Try one of the tabs as the craft item is showing up in their for Perfect Stones.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/21380

Thanks.​​
  • kingsunseo#5891
    Thanks, I'll try. The only problem is it lists about 20 assistant wang tsai and not all of them trade the item. :\
  • heerohex#3018
    LOL, Yer didn't think about that... Try the ones in the starting Citys or Arch,

If their is anything else please let us know.

Thanks.​​
  • kingsunseo#5891
    Thanks both of you. I'll try the North Arch one tomorrow. I tried 3 tonight and none of them traded the item - :\
  • kingsunseo#5891
    sontzu wrote: »
    The ones standing next to bankers are the ones you want, the one at North Arch is probably easiest.

Hey sontzu - I tried that one today and as I suspected it doesn't work. They all trade for daggers and longswords only. I'm wondering if my level has something to do with it - it's an old weapon from lvl 20 and I'm lvl 70 now. Does the merchant change based on lvl? If so PWI needs to fix it because not everyone knows to turn it in right away :\.

Pls fix PWI.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Hopefully someone did not pick up those 30 ring's and neck's from beginning dungeons drops, and find a way to trade em in for stones. If it was able to do, maybe they fixed it and there was a spill over to more then expected.. I dunno lol. Was alway's curious as to why the heck there would be like 30 ring's and neck's dropping xD.
  • heerohex#3018
    sontzu wrote: »
    I just checked the one at North Arch banker, he has the Minister Dual Swords trade in the Basic tab, top row,
    second from left. I'm 105-104-104, so it's not a level issue

Yup i checked this the other day also.

May be you where missing a tab or something as its their. Its also an Open NPC its not Restricted in any way.

If you have trouble finding it still let us know and ill post a SS. Also im hoping this wont make a difference but what server are you on and ill jump on and check it out. Again only if your still having trouble.

Thanks.​​
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    I guess not all NPCs are created the same, even when they have the same name.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2017
    I guess not all NPCs are created the same, even when they have the same name.

the NPC is created by number. So yes it can have the same name or even a different name but can be the same NPC model. NPCs also have tags sorta to say so IE a Blacksmith will have the Blacksmith tag so it can make all those blacksmith items.

If that makes any sense. But yes. Models, Tasks, Tabs, and quests are all different settings. fun fun for editing with out any notes.​​
  • kingsunseo#5891
    edited December 2017
    Hey Sontzu and Hero -

Here's a pic attached, we definately have different NPCs. Not sure how that's possible but if I could send you the swords I would Sontzu.

I made a screenshot but there's no screenshot attach option here. How did you add that screenshot?

I can e-mail you the screenshot Hero, but it's definitely Minister Dagger, *not* Dual Swords.

Thanks for checking both of you.

• heerohex#3018
    Hey Sontzu and Hero -

Here's a pic attached, we definately have different NPCs. Not sure how that's possible but if I could send you the swords I would Sontzu.

I made a screenshot but there's no screenshot attach option here. How did you add that screenshot?

I can e-mail you the screenshot Hero, but it's definitely Minister Dagger, *not* Dual Swords.

Hi, what server are u on. I'll jump on and check the npc.

You know u have to select the second item in the top row yes. All of these items are in that tab somewhere. You just have to find it so you need to do some looking.

Thanks.
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Hey Sontzu and Hero -

Its literally the 2nd option on top row.

3nUp6f7.png
    ​​
  • kingsunseo#5891
    edited December 2017

• kingsunseo#5891
    Nene - it's literally *not* there. You're on a different server.

Here's the photo, doesn't work on your url program for some reason, just go to the website:
    http://www.picpaste.com/PWI_Minister_Dual_Swords-MsLRrHxj.PNG

Hero - I'm on west coast, Twilight Temple. Thanks for checking.
  • kingsunseo#5891
    *Sigh of relief* - Thanks Obielle for that *very clear* explanation. Sometimes old timers assume new people already understand these little details of the system, but they can easily confuse ppl who aren't used to them.

Like finding out how to get the health bars up on the players.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post the photo and clearly explain the details in a friendly manner.

Thanks Obielle and Hero for the detailed clear explanation. :smiley:

obielle wrote: »
    The item exchange is definitely available on Twilight Temple. Nene also posted an image from the Twilight Temple server - I see a couple of faction's names on there that are definitely from our server.

You need to click on the other pictures of the Perfect Chi because there are multiple exchange options. Below I've attached an image that shows which one you need to click on. I'm seeing this on Twilight Temple server at the City of the Lost Assistant Wang Tsai. Click where I've circled on the image and you should find it.

ITIHUAs.png