server transfer stones!

toastcandles
toastcandles Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Suggestion Box
right back at it. get us NA player off of morai server. im sick of not being able to do anything and im not just gonna reroll a toon that i put 8 years into. show your support here. WE WILL BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by toastcandles on

Comments

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    glad this isnt pinned.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    O dear.

Sorry but due to current setup this is not possible.

Also worth checking suggestion box for more info.

Thanks.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    O dear.

Sorry but due to current setup this is not possible.

Also worth checking suggestion box for more info.

Thanks.

*Its not easy and fast for staff to do so but it is possible if there is will for it.

Its prolly not just copy + paste sort of deal for them but I would imagine its easier than creating toon from get go. And even so, think Kalyst said it takes her bout hour to setup a toon. Hire somebody to do this and put price tag of say 100 bucks for it, it`ll pay for it itself and you have happy customers by doing so. Even restrict it to Da server, least at first, so Americans there can move back to their time zone, which shouldnt hurt server balance.

There is definitely way of doing it, its the lack of will which is preventing PWE from doing this.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • heerohex#3018
    With out a program n support their is 2 much chance it will go wrong.

But ur right possible. But with out 100% chance it's to risky.
  • toastcandles
    toastcandles Posts: 22 Arc User
    i am keeping my fingers crossed. thats all i can really do
  • heerohex#3018

A lot of people are.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »

A lot of people are.

Since 2009 Even. jellyfish-43.gif​​
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think changing servers is a great idea. Im in the military. Been to so many different time zones. Now that im settled, I'm in a totally different time zone than i used to be in.
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Pls dont lie and say it : PWI does not want it. They already have migration programs for characters from server merge.
  • heerohex#3018
    kokoot wrote: »
    Pls dont lie and say it : PWI does not want it. They already have migration programs for characters from server merge.

Merging 2 servers is a lot easier than moving 1 toon.

And to be fair the amount of problems the merge caused, Yer well the less said the better.

Just for now its not possible.​​
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    You can create charicters, you can delete them....

So you have an add script and a delete script already

Players will have an ID value with the inventory having a primary key to link the two tabels...

in fact you could just write a script to run in maintanence to just populate some xml with all the items related to that playerID

Then run the delete script

Then run the add script

Then run a new player populate script to chance the data on the new ID that will target the server they want to move to and fill it with the data stored on the xml

Possible? Yes

Profitable? Yes

Only reason you won't do it my guess will be because of regulations set by China?
  • heerohex#3018
    Their are more than 2 tables. Xml files. As well as account I'd and the I'd for each toon. If not linked correctly...

Hence I say unless they make a program. Yes it's possible but odds are not with us.

PWCN do not have this issue like we do. They don't have different time zones. It's them you would have to convince!

Until that point it's not possible from our PWE end.

Thanks.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Didn't we already have server transfer? When they merged the servers they literally just migrated database entries from one server to another. Conflicts may arise but there are methods to resolve those. Conflicting names were given an extra identifier to make them unique, different gold amounts were added together, etc. A server transfer would just be migrating a single entry instead of all of them.

That said we don't want low population servers to be abandoned. Server transfer should only be offered from high population servers to lower population ones. This will help balance the populations.
    ​​