A new player

Options
Hello guys I've played pwi before but was too many days away. So I was wanted play this game then come back, I noticed there is a lot of things to do in game, titles, houses, skills, etc.
What I wanted is know everything is new and how to do it if possible.
I started playing as cleric in dawnglory, my character name is dnmcorreia if someone want add me, thanks

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to PWI.

Take your time to lv and ask for advise if u need it.

Pwi wiki is a good place for help. As well as here and the pw database.

Hope this helps n I'll c u ingame.
  • danilo#8744
    danilo#8744 Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    Is that pwi wiki well actualized?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi! I'm one of the editors of the PWI Wiki which you can find at https://pwi.gamepedia.com

We've been revamping it since back in March/April so there will be a few things missing or outdated there but you should be able to find plenty of information on newer features added to the game. If you'd like to know about something but it's not on the wiki feel free to ask about it here and I'm sure someone will help you, and I can try to get it updated on the wiki as well.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Uninstall play a game that’s new player friendly my advice
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »

How to keep new players in the game.

Not really positive advise really.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    @blazerboy hahaha good one. kinda good advice in my opinion.

@danilo pinoy ka ba?
  • danilo#8744
    danilo#8744 Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options

Do you have problems or what ? If u dont like the game dont need be in the oficial forums doing what u did. Just leave.

@blazerboy hahaha good one. kinda good advice in my opinion.

@danilo pinoy ka ba?

Hm ?
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    blazerboy's comment was a bit terse but he is right about this game not being very new player friendly. With each expansion the game becomes more complicated. The first problem is the UI. It really shouldn't show things that are not yet available to the player. Homestead, star charts, meridians and glyphs cannot be acquired early on and showing them just results in information overload for a new player. These kind of things should only appear once the player meets the requirements to make use of them. The next problem is all the little things you must go out of game to look up. I can't list them because they will be player specific but one general one is earning time. And this problem takes me to the next. That is missing, inaccurate and incomplete information. I will not blame the third party sites that try to keep us informed. They are volunteers doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. PWI knows everything about the features and should release detailed information and usage guides a bit ahead of the implementation of the item, quest or feature. Not just quick and dirty news bits. The final problem I will mention is the inability to sort forum results by date. This is a problem for all levels. These are just a few of the areas that could use some improvement. I started this game when it went live 9 years ago and played quite regularly back then. It was marvelous in the early days. I had to back off though when I realized I was spending more time trying to look stuff up than I was spending in game playing. I have said before that playing this game has become akin to bad Masters Degree class that you can't pass unless you know the professor personally. I have lost the story line and have given up on catching up. Now I just quest randomly and without purpose. If anyone is thinking after reading this that I should quit, don't worry, I'm sure I will. But I will return. I've done it many times. I just wish it was easier to stay.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not many people read long posts on here best to keep it short and to the point.

With pwi you either need time or money. Playing with friends will help. But take it slow enjoy questing gathering items learning your class skills.

Just remember pw is over 10 years old and older if you count Dev time from start.
  • kwyl
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Welcome to PWI.

Take your time to lv and ask for advise if u need it.

Pwi wiki is a good place for help. As well as here and the pw database.

Hope this helps n I'll c u ingame.

How to keep new players in the game.

Not really positive advise really.
    Not many people read long posts on here best to keep it short and to the point.

With pwi you either need time or money. Playing with friends will help. But take it slow enjoy questing gathering items learning your class skills.

Just remember pw is over 10 years old and older if you count Dev time from start.

None of these short and to the point posts do anything to inform the OP as to what they are in for with this game. They ask about all the new features and you refer them to material that is unreliable and unwieldy. It is unfair not to mention the frustrations they will inevitably encounter while researching.

In response to your tl;dr remark about my previous post, it was meant to help the OP and not to waste anyone's time. You clearly didn't read it so why comment on its length? It certainly wasn't to help me. I will help you, however, by letting you know it is adviCe not adviSe. You're welcome.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Not everyone has a bad experience tho.

What I don't get is the run Down on this game. If the game wants new players we have to be constructive with our feedback.

Your point is fair on your standing. I just know from the past people won't read large walls of txt.
  • kwyl
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @heero200

I have been aware of tl;dr for more than 30 years. I often skip reading walls in broad discussions of casual topics myself. However, if I am looking for an answer, as is the OP, I read them all. For anyone to remark on the length of a post not directed at them is unnecessary. Just don't read it.

As to gaining new players, PWI is a business for profit. It is their responsibility to acquire new customers. They are the ones who should be making it easier for them to come, stay and pay. They are failing in that endeavor. It is not our job to increase their customer base and retention. It is theirs.

If my experience with the game was bad I wouldn't keep coming back. I wouldn't buy gold. My experience is frustrating, like many others. I keep returning in hopes that PWI will have done something about that. The fix is easy. I tell it in that long post. It isn't a run down on the game. I identify problems and offer solutions. Had it been directed at PWI, it would be considered constructive feedback. Teabagg's comment is a run down on the game. All the other posts here so far have either been trolls or polite welcomes that do nothing to really help the OP. They only direct the OP to a quagmire of information. No player should have to spend more time researching how to play a game than they do actually playing it.

Now you and I have taken this thread off the rails and possibly scared off the OP. If we wish to continue our discussion, and I am willing to do that, we should go pvt msg.