pwi loosing a bit of player base suggest what pwi can do to counter it.

2»

Comments

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    What pwi need is a way to get rank 9 3rd recast within 1 year and dragon orbs up to 10 should be obtainable for anyone. Same for +2 def and attack shards. Maybe bring in a version that can't be upgraded to +3. This would allow for some fun and cash shoppers with COM / 20 aptitude star chart / 2nd rb A set / +12 / +3 would be still lightyears ahead! Even the difference between full +10 and full +11 is massive. Im all for having a gap that motivate people to spend cash but we dont have a gap, its more an abyss
  • virtualboy69
    virtualboy69 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I get a lil confused when people say it's pwe's mistakes or it's the Dev's fault. Seem's to me that All come's from China... or is it whatever is convenient to blame magical chair time!. In the end does it matter?. Maybe it's like a lease.. so much you can do with the leased object, still have to stay within the Border's, parameter's of the holder of the Lease..Hey will help ya with Emergencies, *like the warranty* Upgrades, *content* is part of the contract and of course Use of The Franchise name and licensing inc:). Maybe it's possible thats why there seem's to be many mixed signal's and wobbles in the Road.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Well, if you wish to be technical, the game is made in China, for China players. The Developers are in China. The Developers port the China version over to English version for PWE. So all content, and balance changes are made based on the players in China, and not based on the players in PWE. (There is the exception to this rule with custom gear that was requested to be made by PWE for the English audience that is very imbalanced compared to what the norm is in China.)
    China also have a much different landscape in the game than we do, as they have a very large player base with over 50 servers. PWE has 4 servers now because the population was not enough to support the 7 or 8 we had before. (I left before the new servers came, and came back after the merge, so I may be slightly wrong on counting there.)​​
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I get a lil confused when people say it's pwe's mistakes or it's the Dev's fault. Seem's to me that All come's from China... or is it whatever is convenient to blame magical chair time!. In the end does it matter?. Maybe it's like a lease.. so much you can do with the leased object, still have to stay within the Border's, parameter's of the holder of the Lease..Hey will help ya with Emergencies, *like the warranty* Upgrades, *content* is part of the contract and of course Use of The Franchise name and licensing inc:). Maybe it's possible thats why there seem's to be many mixed signal's and wobbles in the Road.

Just as I said to someone else on the previous page: the publisher PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) is owned by Perfect World China, It is a relation Parent-subsidiary from a bussiness perspective. Being PW China the Parent Company and PWE a subsidiary.
    Perfect World China also owns Cryptic Studios (Star Trek Dev), and most of the stake of runic games (Torchlight Dev)
    There is not much detailed info about how they operate and the wikipedia info is a bit outdated but here is some:

PWE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_Entertainment
    PW (or Perfect world China): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_(company)

And here is the definition for Parent Company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parent_company
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Thank's PhantomForce and Eeepsilon:) via virtualboy69:) forgot I was on my other account lol.