[9th Anniversary] PWI Memories of PWI

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Share with us your best memories of the game!

9 Years - Wow, time sure flies by!

How do I participate?

Post your memories in our forum thread Memories of PWI (You Are Here!). You may post screen shots, text, collages or video footage to tell us your favorite memories of the game!

General Guidelines
  • No offensive or vulgar material can be posted. Violating this will result in you being barred from entering this and all future competitions.
  • You may post in-game names of friends and guildmates freely in this contest but make sure to get permission from them first before doing so!
  • Please refrain from posting any personally identifying information that is sensitive in nature.
  • The person who is posting will be the one receiving the prizes - prizes will not be split up if multiple people are mentioned, referenced or assisted you in any way for your entry.
Prizes

1st Place
Crown of Madness
Royal Guardian Mount

v2v8d3tz025q.png

2nd Place

Royal Guardian Mount
v2v8d3tz025q.png

Dragon Orb 9 Star

3rd Place

Royal Guardian Mount
v2v8d3tz025q.png
x20 Anicent Gift
x20 Inkdragons Blood

Participation Prize - x2 Dragon Orb Pack

Community Prizes
The more memories we collect, the more prizes will be given to everyone!
50 Memories - 50 Event Gold + Dreamchaser Pack
100 Memories - 9 Years of Memories Pack+ x3 Ancient Gift

9 Years of Memories Pack

er12qmskj7wa.png

Comments

• nightosphere
    nightosphere Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    When pickaxes we're actually useful.. or when you learned the skills at the actual skill trainers rather than just in your skills window haha.

FluffiFoxi - Etherblade
    Post edited by nightosphere on
  • dhokogan#7526
    dhokogan#7526 Posts: 1 Arc User
    When you were going to BH 29, 39, 51, 59 with same people lvl and full squad. :)
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    When you were going to BH 29, 39, 51, 59 with same people lvl and full squad. :)

When you wiped a couple times at FB19 before your newbie squad pulled it off~
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Two questions:

1. Were the physical goods from last year's contest ever sent out? I ask because I received some lesser-tier prize (but was never told what it was), and I was asked to update my physical address through the ticket system, which I did. I was then told the item(s) were forthcoming, but I haven't gotten anything yet.

2. Also related to last year's contest - I'm assuming a story used last year cannot be re-used? Not that I would re-use mine, but it might be good to clarify in the rules.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    I've got a few:
    The happiness when my first ever character (a Blademaster) hit level 100 finally

When I finally (just recently actually) beat a good friend 1v1 (and recorded/ posted it Here ). I had wanted to for like 3 years and when I finally got him at the end I was so nervous I almost screwed it up XD

And just the random crazy conversations we get into in faction chat that never cease to entertain and amuse me (Tempest <3 )
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Here's my Story hope I don't bore you.

The year was 2009, Pwi was my first ever online mmo game I had no idea what I was in for at the time.
    It was nice getting to know people and doing those fun little quests even those deadly dungeon's, eventually
    I formed my own faction with my trusted companion's some of them were Dimstar and Yeldar, they have long since left the game among the rest of the faction but I still hold on to it with an alt incase they ever come back , plus it was our memories that we made together even made it a lvl2 faction with all their help. After awhile I made it into the 90s with my cleric turned demon, as the years went on I kept coming and quit with the game in hopes that I could find the comfort I once had many years back, honestly I always loved the social aspect of the game so that's a huge factor of why I still log in and even posted this. Even though I may or not be active as I used to be its nice to know the community will always be strong so I'm very grateful to you all.

Eventually I became I mod for another PWE game but that didn't mean I forgotten about this game , I still check on it every now and then because the memories I made cant be forgotten, plus heck its still fun.

Have a nice day everyone, continue on with your adventure :)
    Post edited by deceitsoul on
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • xandriabk
    xandriabk Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Where to start with my adventures of PWI...
    It was new years of 2009 when I first began to play PWI and for the length of time I have played pwi my life has been a rollercoaster.. Pwi helped me get through some rough times in life when i needed to hide away from the world but I had those who were close to me in guild and friendwise help me out and made me feel better about myself. PWI over the years has been great but of course ive stopped playing time to time, watching pwi grow has been interesting with the new things it comes out with, starting from when they first added the tideborn classes to now with high level instances and such.
    I am really blessed with playing PWI because if it wasn't for this amazing game i continue to play each year I wouldn't have met the love of my life who I have known for about 6 years and counting :) Thank you pwi for being there and being such an amazing game i've done so much and grown so much in game I greatly enjoy my time in game.
    Post edited by xandriabk on
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    My favorite memory has to be one of my first TWs on the (at that time) Dreamweaver server. I was part of a faction that was on the lower end of TW prowess called Tempest, they'd gotten some lands but hadn't managed to get a large chunk of the map due to some other large factions. But there were some really good folks in there that really helped me out and taught me a lot. I met an archer who I unfortunately cannot remember the name of while I was pking out at Orchid Temple. I had just reached 59 and gotten heavens flame and was so excited to be able to use it. I had already told this person that I wanted to wait till I was 59 at least before I joined Tempest, so having done that I joined them and was allowed to participate the following week.

While the fight was chaotic we ended up winning in the end and I remember vividly being praised by my squadmates for having done so well, despite it being my first time. It really cemented the game as something I would always have fond memories of.
  • sabra
    sabra Posts: 1 Arc User
    My favortite memory was when gold was still under 1m!!! :(
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=6j2RUZ2bO40&t=297s

back not too long after tideborn came out and FCC could be hypered (it can again but there was a time period of no hypering). was the "power leveling" squad.

Demon APS barb. yep one of my first mains. I felt like a FCC god, good times with close friends.

*reserved for more *
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    One of my favorite memories, Being a New player and having All the Server All star's begging me to Let them Run Dungeon's for My Tab's for FB's .... YAY xD. Enjoy the flashback's everyone:D
  • vang02
    vang02 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Well, been on PWI so much its part of me. Fond memories include just wandering around aimlessly with friends chatting. Also helping random people on world chat and killing big mean baddie bosses :wink:

Although my best memories atm would be with my first hubby on PWI married for at least 6 yrs, i enjoyed every moment while even doing "nothing". He already quit the game unfortunately...

Here's a vid with screenshots, with my voice, that I posted years ago. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YgY_D9CrbI
  • raukovic
    raukovic Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Back in 2007, I met the girl I fell in love with. For the next few years she was at school in another city and we didn't have much options to stay in touch beside expensive phone calls (hours and hours xD). She knew i was gamer and she found out that my favourite game was PWI (from day 1 CB/OB). So she started to play PWI although she did not like it..(she never liked much video games xD) so we could spend more time together. We spent so much time playing and chating and it was..perfect. Some of best memories from any game (and i'm mmo veteran). =) Now, 10 years later..the same girl and I..we're married, happy and we got a son few weeks ago. o:) I still hop in PWI from time to time. Ty PWI... =)
    neaomc.jpg
    x376zn.jpg
    Post edited by raukovic on
  • draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
    when pulling bh 69 meant wiping if you didnt have a barb and a cleric at max range healing and purifying in time.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    The best and worst memory I've got in PWI was when we had the Heavenfall Challenge. I did my very best, invested bulks of time and was the ONLY PLAYER that could prove to have a legit time. That was important because it came out that the instance was glitch-able and thus the time of everyone was doubt-able.

Whats the best about it? That I was so determined and worked my way through all odds and finally achieved my goal.
    Whats the worst about it? That, despite no proof for a legit time, I didn't win the challenge and other, very doubt-able players/times have won. That hurt me alot tbh.

Maybe, after all those years, I can finally cut out the worst part of it with a nice little price +winky-eyes+ :D

For reference, this was the video I've made back in the day to prove my time:

https://youtu.be/A282nFyPxrc
  • stardustmist
    stardustmist Posts: 33 Arc User
    Love it when full squad filled with all faction members so much fun-- and how hard never fall caves were but got through with lots help from others willing to squad :):p
  • cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I don't remember when, but I remember learning about some holes in the walls in BH39 and wanting to see for myself. It was fun exploring the outside of the cave. The greatest fun was finding the edge and jumping off...repeatedly.

o07bdd.jpg
    sffkzn.jpg
    2qa21ww.jpg

• zachie
    zachie Posts: 2 Arc User
    That is an old GUI there, Cerle... now you make me want to dig out some ancient screen shots :p

If I can find them I'll post here. My wife (GF at the time :smile: ) found PWI during the beta and got me playing just after the game went gold. We've recently returned to check it out after 5+ years away and it is amazing how you can go from top-end geared to fairly pathetic in that time frame :(

Favorite memory has to be of when we started our guild FPBelAir lol... it was prob Winter 2008... I started right around Christmas and killed snowmen with all my newbie guildmates for what seemed like days, I still have 5 of the medium Xmas gifts to this day. We posed our heroes for a bunch of silly screenshots that I wish I knew where they were.

Second best memories are of running FCC heads with my best bro. Funny a couple people recognized my name from Sanctuary server just based on how often I was on world chat selling them during 2011/12 :D Everyone was so eager to power level that we basically paid for two entire sets of TT99 armor and Frost weapons just from doing this. How efficient we got at chain pulls and combos to clear the mobs quickly was pretty awesome IMO... I'm so rusty these days it is sad haha.
  • erzado
    erzado Posts: 15 Arc User
    My entry for the first PWI Summer Action Blockbuster video contest, 8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejGxNfAw11U

• izangi
    izangi Posts: 3 Arc User
    I remember when Holy path and AD were Squad buffs and we used to spam them during Nirvana runs, Good times <3
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Memories from SneakyZoe about early PWI years

I started to play PWI with 2010 on server Dreamweaver and jumped over to the European server after release date in 2011.

Baby Archer SneakyZoe in 2012
    Following, I recorded an early PV run as mostly no one was used to choose this option to level up so far.
    My objective was to be the 3./4. character at all and first archer on European server who was level 105.
    For fast level progress I decided to have a mix of PV runs, FC runs and ZEN farmin in open world as well as finishing all questlines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAywbnvZaY

Beside, this was my first video and yeah I know - my skill for video creations is not very high :smile:

Young Archer SneakyZoe in 2013
    With level 105 I tried to improve my gear and skill level and sure - its not finished up-to-now.

May you can remember the instance Dragon Hidden Den?
    Here is one of our team runs from my previous faction Revision recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGX1TO_xUxc

Also at 18th of December the PWI add-on New Horizon was published followed by the re-awakening part.
    Just watch at the upload date of my recorded video (20th of December) about my first FSP run. As many people still were
    unhappy about disabling the hyper possibility in fc I tried out the new instance with the rare lvl100 reborn players on the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDs5-VD5Xbs

My quality of making videos is still very bad but luckily 4 days later our cleric was able to enter the instance and uploaded a tutorial video for beginners with nowadays 18.000 views.

There are a lot of more good memories but this would not fit into one forums thread.

Happy Birthday PWI!!!

[img][/img]vo7mo7.jpg
    Post edited by sneakingzoe on
  • veno123mancer
    veno123mancer Posts: 11 Arc User
    My first character back in 2008 was an archer. Perfect World was the first MMORPG I've ever played, and for that reason, I was pretty clueless in the game. Up until level 32, I played by myself and had over 100 magic points on me lol I had no idea why I died so much and had almost no damage. When I asked for help doing my fb29 at that point, a group of merciful friends helped me out, took me into their faction and taught me how to distribute points. In that faction I started friendships that still last to this day. I worked my way up, leveled many characters, learned every single detail about the game, reached near end-game gear, helped people out (both with game issues and personal issues), led TW and PvP teams, met a few of the most important people in my life, fell in love, had my heart broken, and had crazy fun times. I also spent a huge amount of money on this game, which I kind of regret lol but I do not regret spending every single minute in my 7-year game addition to PW. Now I am one of those casual players who don't have as much time to play anymore, but hold on to the fond memories and friendships created in this game.

This is my first newbie archer!

jnRQUPu.png

And this is me playing her :) photo taken by my mom

crpBpYL.jpg

Thanks!
  • gseyes1
    gseyes1 Posts: 17 Arc User
    When a channel geared Veno with a Herc was the absolute thing that stood between squad wipe and surviving instance BH39.... and opening mystery chip pack one at a time to make General Summers Tokens ... ( cries looking at all the broken mouse )....
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I see a lot of post here, figured i would share too. Tbh i hate talking about pwi memories because it always bring some form of sadness. PWI was my first and still the only mmo i play, i was young and filled with excitement. At school all i thought about was how awesome pwi was and how i need to get home fast to play it, i told all my friends. I havent felt that way in a very long time. As someone who has played this game as an f2p person there isnt much left for me to be happy about. As i posted on fb probably wont be able to maintain my HS anymore with the recent change of FSD. Im at the point where i know i need to quit, but i just cant.
    Lets talk about memories. I remember when we had to run from etherblade to arch, i remember when pickaxe was a must in your bag, i remember getting lost looking for npcs because we didnt have auto path, meeting so many people on the way. I remember when gold was less than 100k, i remember when getting gold armor from molds meant something, i remember the excitement we got wondering what we were getting next from general summer's chest. There is literally too much things that have lost their relevance.

Post edited by shag1991 on
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    I see a lot of post here, figured i would share too. Tbh i hate talking about pwi memories because it always bring some form of sadness. PWI was my first and still the only mmo i play, i was young and filled with excitement. At school all i thought about was how awesome pwi was and how i need to get home fast to play it, i told all my friends. I havent felt that way in a very long time. As someone who has played this game as an f2p person there isnt much left for me to be happy about. As i posted on fb probably wont be able to maintain my HS anymore with the recent change of FSD. Im at the point where i know i need to quit, but i just cant.
    Lets talk about memories. I remember when we had to run from etherblade to arch, i remember when pickaxe was a must in your bag, i remember getting lost looking for npcs because we didnt have auto path, meeting so many people on the way. I remember when gold was less than 100k, i remember when getting gold armor from molds meant something, i remember the excitement we got wondering what we were getting next from general summer's chest. There is literally too much things that have lost their relevance.
    I remember learning to jump quest. thats probably the first instance where i met friends, asked for help and offered help. All these memories, all these :'(:'(:'( , I say start a new movement Bring back the glory of pwi https://imgur.com/a/PXjVM

• lilmissystocum
    lilmissystocum Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    memories lets see

pwi has brought me alot of joy over the years starting with the fact that in real life i cant see my dad and when i heard he had come to this game i thought i would give it a try and have been playing it ever since.

iv made so many friends in the game shared in some good laugh. while running fc or bh. i even got my real life partner to play it to. just so happens he loves the game as much as i do. so for me my memories is getting to run instances with my dad and partner. meeting the people i have meet and makeing the friends that i have.

but the best memory was number 1 getting to 100 and number 2 seeing my dads face when i gave him all the mats for his r9 bow XD that one ill never forget

https://imgur.com/5eE88w8

• lilmissystocum
    lilmissystocum Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i remember when gold was cheap. when a mill was alot. when ur squad didnt have a barb it would get wiped. when u had to have at least a sin barb cleric and bm and archer in most fc squads.i also remember picaxes the first time trying to pick something and it tells u nope u cant do that lol. to hitting 100 for the first time. then came rb when u finally got to rb and you started getting sky lvls and getting some spirit. its been a long road to get here but every step was worth it. because of the friends you make the memories you have the storys u tell one another. theres alot of good memories for me on pwi and im sure there will be many more to come. and even know you just changed it i remember sitting in place for hours to get all your crabs or herbs lets not forget how u used to have to dig the beans in delta and if u didnt get back in time the squad would wipe D:

https://imgur.com/5eE88w8
  • cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    First time I did FB59, my squad told me I had to talk to Qinghua and solo the boss that appeared.
  • tinkysan
    tinkysan Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is the best thread ever because absolutely everyone has the same memories as me, and there are too many to list so hopefully they all get on here by different posts lol. Let me say it was always exciting to level, so you could visit the blacksmith and get the next piece of armor to make you stronger and a new weapon so you could hit harder. Until you finally could visit the forges and get some TT armor. I remember the 60's and having to grind to get to the next level, I remember TW's that lasted 2 hours or more because nobody was OP, and you had to outsmart and outplay the other faction in order to win. And also the squad wipes, especially in FF (Forgotten Frostland) FF people...........good times. super............powerful..........
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It's 2017 so what better way to express my feelings than through memes? egg-12.gif Needless to say, those are some of the (many) aspects of the game that have marked my playing experience so far.

LET THE SPAM BEGIN! egg-30.gif

wCOKHtz.jpg
    RMegNYW.jpg
    b1ZYlRj.jpg
    z7Dc9hs.jpg
    FcOUPFv.jpg
    NastAfE.jpg
    OSqLgPX.jpg
    HASAQpM.jpg
    tdQQULI.jpg
    LoeyODw.jpg
    jkcoWdR.jpg