Scheduled Server Maintenance - *Content Launch* [ 8/29/2017 - 10 PM PST]

Comments

• irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    If they put Tigers on a different day, that would make alot of people happy. Not everyone likes doing NW because they don't like PvPing. My fear is this game is going too much PvP oriented, we do need enough PvE events for other players.

I believe that too. My db's extra cools only harms me more in pve and I don't pvp. I use Moonlight as one of my pulls on mobs being I have no zeal. I use Stalker to run. All speed skills used to cooldown with each other.. now what? I must use my reset ulti or wait half a minute now? Sigh.

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    What are the new Aerogear that the PWI Schoolteacher offers?
  • knewdull420
    knewdull420 Posts: 1 Arc User
    *HyperEXP Stones can once again be used in Frostcovered City. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :D:D:D<3<3<3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @orangeitis

oqxku1wb2lwr.png

They are bound, however, and are slow speeders, cannot enhance :(

Each flyer only needs 7 Attendance Sheets.
  • irmoose
    I see an Auspicious Light in there! O:
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Love the fact that hypers are back for FC. At least now ppl can either lvl their alts and new ppl can use it to get a boost. there were enough instances that ppl don't actually play.

- nirvana : useless, you get more from NW's.
    - lunar : no one i know even runs that thing.
    - some other instances that higher lvls don't even bother with because the gear is not worth it.

As for UP : try getting a squad together for that one. Can't even get a culti run going for just the first boss. The instance is annoying as F. and it seems most ppl actually hate that crappy designed instance. getting 10 ppl to actually work together that know what they're doing is way harder then one can imagine.

Npc sells perfect stones ? Great, you just destroyed any income from ppl selling it (not me, i just bought em). And if those merchants sell holy pills and the likes, don't forget to take em out of your cashshop. No one's gonna spend gold when it's ingame.

Upgrades +9 and higher announced ? Lmao, that's going to be hilarious. A +12...that i can understand.
  • irmoose
    Don't EoD come from Lunar or am I mistaken?
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    @orangeitis

oqxku1wb2lwr.png

if they slow and cant be enhanced !! why you guys waste time on making such thing ?

now show me the other tabs kaly :)
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    *The Arigora Colosseum is now only available between 00:00 and 12:00 CET.

you must be kidding me!!! Bring back the 24h colloseum event!!! there is no reason at all to make it only 12h event per day - especially when 80% of ppl fighting there are DA ppl and they do that right after xTW or next day same time!!! after midnight CET that event is dead

if it rly needs to be 12h event only, make arena available between 21:00 and 9:00 CET <.< this way it shoundn't affect it at all coz ppl were doing it only that time anyway
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I love you!!! <3

WOW..this update is just absolutely epic <3

I would've wished for a bit more balancing for sins..but the db fixes will take alot of wind out of dbs and will make 1v1ing as a db finally a bit more challenging ^.^

FC is back, new means to get bloods, chart items, exp..you kept your promise in making it easy to roll a new char. Thank you!
  • tiamat291944
    tiamat291944 Posts: 9 Arc User
    When we can start our launchers to update client? xD Gotta go afk but i don't know if i need to wait abit more time
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    @orangeitis

oqxku1wb2lwr.png

They look fashionable though! Right up my alley.
  • bestdusk#2943
    bestdusk#2943 Posts: 18 Arc User
    As much as I enjoy PWE catering to the North America players, Arigora Colloseum is really one event I don't think needed to be touched. As far as I know most of the player base had a set time for it (after xtw) and it really worked out well. Being able to get your battles done <1 hour was really nice. I hope we can come to a similar and ideal time for this new timeslot. RIP EU LUL.
  • silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hypers in FC (FF as HT players called it) is not a terrible thing, although it does seem like a fairly random decision to make and has not been jusitified by management with any explanation. I think player bases tend to like to have a glimpse on the whys of decisions like this and expose them to proper discussion and possible change.

Frankly, it can't really cause too many more "plvl babies" to show up - mainly because the instant 95 pill option still exists and is a greater source of that problem. People not knowing their class is a solvable issue and it's helped by guilds like my own that actually cater to the pre-100 group as well as the post-100 PvE only players.

More of an issue though is the use of the instance to push people's alts into different Jolly Old Jones level ranges. It may hit the gold economy hard in that if people use FF wisely they can just exploit 71-80 JJ quest on as many accounts as they want. I've noticed some very big bots abuse near this NPC also, including one guy who had literally a storm of genies around one spot right next to JOJ, about 30 toons that all looked identical to each other with random names. May be worth looking into if you have time, Kalyst.

I should also point out the irony of giving away free low speed flyers of little value from the School agent, an NPC which you require a flyer (or embrace/carry/signet/summon I guess) to even speak to due to her location on the central Archo platform. That kind of makes this feature's use very limited and for a fashion statement only rather than a nice utility.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Nice update PWI and nice job @kalystconquerer#0876

Really appreciated this new update and the fact that you start to help new players to catch up end game faster :)

Thank you.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    *Completing daily quests for Endless Universe will reward a random Sage or Demon skill book for your class.

So does this mean I can get twin strike and puncture wound from here? :)
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Uhh so before the only ever time people queued up for arigora was right after Dragon's Conquest which would be Sat like 20:00 - 23:00 CET. If it's only going to be open now on 00:00 - 12:00 when are we supposed to battle? This is a bit awkward. What was wrong with 24hr arigora?​​

i think the last 5 times someone asked or mentioned the arigora times, they got ignored for the sake of talking about pve content instead.

they probably underestimate the negative impact this change will have.

• mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    RIP Arena,TW and xTW for DA server :/
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    well with the price of lucky coins at 500k lvling on FC is cheaper :)
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    What is the reasoning behind making UP and DH even easier than it already is to complete?

If you allowed hypers to be used again in Frost, has the Dragoon exploit been fixed too?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    What is the reasoning behind making UP and DH even easier than it already is to complete?

If you allowed hypers to be used again in Frost, has the Dragoon exploit been fixed too?

Gonna get 105 when game is back up.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

The real question is what happens with the drops of UP?

The whole purpose of this dungeon is to farm materials for g17 weapon. Correct me if i am wrong but to reduce the amount of bosses will just result in less materials per run. This wouldnt be a big problem if we didnt have the restriction of 1 key per day. This change might be great for people to finish their BH's but it will just slow down the whole process to farm for g17 weapon which is...like i said the purpose of this dungeon.

Side Note: I hope we get more ways to obtain UP keys because to do weekly AND multiple UP BH's per week will be impossible otherwise. Not to mention the daily run which everyone does who wants to farm this weapon.

About DH: It is just an idea but it would be nice change to remove the whole Dice part + boss instead of Twisted Nightmare and just replace it with Twisted Nigthmare OR just remove the whole Dice board at the beginning. It is not about the difficulty. It is just that the whole Dice part is the bottleneck of this dungeon. DH can be done easily and quick but Dice just drags it down and consumes way too much time. Not to mention the fact that half of the squad just goes afk and is useless there.
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    Mystic
    *ΨVital Herb now functions properly in the Arigora Colosseum.
    *The Verdant glyph of Storm Dance now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 8).

^ thats all we get? -_-
    x9YPRak.jpg

• valdisman
    padautz17 wrote: »
    The real question is what happens with the drops of UP?

The whole purpose of this dungeon is to farm materials for g17 weapon. Correct me if i am wrong but to reduce the amount of bosses will just result in less materials per run. This wouldnt be a big problem if we didnt have the restriction of 1 key per day. This change might be great for people to finish their BH's but it will just slow down the whole process to farm for g17 weapon which is...like i said the purpose of this dungeon.

Side Note: I hope we get more ways to obtain UP keys because to do weekly AND multiple UP BH's per week will be impossible otherwise. Not to mention the daily run which everyone does who wants to farm this weapon.

About DH: It is just an idea but it would be nice change to remove the whole Dice part + boss instead of Twisted Nightmare and just replace it with Twisted Nigthmare OR just remove the whole Dice board at the beginning. It is not about the difficulty. It is just that the whole Dice part is the bottleneck of this dungeon. DH can be done easily and quick but Dice just drags it down and consumes way too much time. Not to mention the fact that half of the squad just goes afk and is useless there.

Looks like the UP patch was focused on making mbh easier. I know there was a thread a little while ago about people complaining over being unable to make squads for it but certain people in that thread are very particular about who they take. Instances aren't supposed to be walked through and people forget that. I guess its down to choice, do you run it for the mbh or mats. This might make it even more difficult to find a squad for some.

Personally I haven't done a full DDH or JDH run in a while as I use my feather to solo just the dice part on 3 characters so the Nightmare doesn't effect me. Gives me an average of 20 level 1 glyphs which is a guaranteed lvl 4 a day plus the other mats. The tidal cd will affect my charm use as on JDH I use just over 1 plat charm sometimes. The money I make though will cover that no problem, just means I need to take another charm or start using defence charms.
    Quite often on ET I will solo dice and then just give the instance to someone so they can squad up and run the rest for the daily or mbh. Removing Nightmare just means their run goes from 15mins to 10 mins. Its a fun challenging part having to make sure you're all ready for the bridge and wards, thus making people work. Now it's just here is the bridge, buff and go when ready.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • cefre
    cefre Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Dragoons still exploitable coz there is brainless developers cannot fix the aipolicy. Anyway so far I know those mobs exp decreased to 1 really long time ago so it's really useless to glitch it.

About up. Should be fair if we gets up for mbh that quest gives a key for it like for delta or get 3 key for it like for vana in any way
  • valdisman
    cefre wrote: »
    About up. Should be fair if we gets up for mbh that quest gives a key for it like for delta or get 3 key for it like for vana in any way

I also suggested that in a ticket when UP became an mbh option. If people are going to make skipped boss runs to focus on on mbh, would be useful to have the sand we currently have to run a full run. Yeah its only 2 bosses but its still the only way aside from spending 100s of mils on HS to get the mats.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • tom192#5685
    tom192#5685 Posts: 1 Arc User
    am i the only one getting hyped for fc ?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    client update is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooow
    EU players wont be able to run Arigora today >:)
  • konagurl6666
    konagurl6666 Posts: 34 Arc User
    WOW this update makes me a happy little DB :D even with the DB nerfs (long overdue btw) nothing in here upsets me at all. The only thing they really nerfed us on is survivability, we still wont be easy to 1v1 they only nerfed ONE skill for our lock.... GGWP. You realise that one skill can be replaced by 3 others just as effective as moonlight. So my Pvp doesnt actually change because i never really relied on moonlight due to the mass AOE damage around silver pool. Another thing is that Perfect Stones can still be farmed for around about the 400 coin per. Merchants selling them for 1k ea is nerfing an overdue market but its not killing it. we have people paying 2.5k on DA for Pstones when there is someone right next to them for 1.2k.

DUP is going to get alot better.... also to the person who complained about the UP squads, DA sees like 15 squads a day for UP/DUP so...... just get a better group i suppose. This update only made it EASIER. most people **** up the 3 rooms in the middle so now its reduced to 1.

The flyers are put in obviously for lower leveled players who want a new look. DUH!
  • quinnie
    quinnie Posts: 46 Arc User

Gonna get 105 when game is back up.

the exp from goons had been reduced big time before they blocked hypers in there its how they "fixed" the exploit
    Etherblade
    HaarKoning
    MrLens
    MrGiggleShyts